Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniped for brevity only.

Notice that I said it was my opinion.

Right. That's what I'm saying. Just because investigators didn't find any female DNA on the clothing doesn't mean there were no Hispanic women involved in the abduction and just because Sherri didn't describe any men doesn't mean there weren't any. One of the women may have been transgender for all we know.

This exactly. The fact that they found female DNA on her body indicates that she had contact with some unknown woman. The fact that they found male DNA only indicates that the clothing had contact with a male. Sweats are unisex, so these could been worn by some male not even directly involved with the kidnapping.

I really don’t want to get sucked into rehashing my thoughts on this case. - if anyone cares, they can search for my posts on these threads. I will just say that if she’d been kidnapped, and someone wanted to humiliate her via her signature hair, they likely would not have given her such a moderate haircut. To me it seems more like a punishment from someone close to her. One that would still look normal to the outside world after she reappeared. IMO of course.

I really don’t want to get sucked into rehashing my thoughts on this case. - if anyone cares, they can search for my posts on these threads. I will just say that if she’d been kidnapped, and someone wanted to humiliate her via her signature hair, they likely would not have given her such a moderate haircut. To me it seems more like a punishment from someone close to her. One that would still look normal to the outside world after she reappeared. IMO of course.

Keep in mind that she was missing for 22 days. It could have grown by the time she was released. It also might have been ragged and uneven haircut.

Keep in mind that she was missing for 22 days. It could have grown by the time she was released. It also might have been ragged and uneven haircut.
In 22 days her hair would not even grow 1/2 inch. And I’m sure it would be painful for a spouse who celebrates her hair to gaze upon a buzz cut for any length of time.

it also has never made sense to me that the brand was never revealed to the public. It’s evidence, and someone else might have recognized it. I don’t believe LE kept it private in case it embarrassed a victim; their job is to find dangerous perps.

Domestic abusers, including affair partners, have been known to inflict such physical harm on victims.

Last edited:
One thing that I notice was that in Latin America, punishment for infidelity, messing with someone's significant other is cutting her hair or shaving her head. Branding was done as punishment to the Amerindians by the Spanish.

One possibility is that the women thought Papini was messing around with one of their significant others. We knew she was texting a guy, apparently platonically, but that would but enough with some people. Maybe she had a platonic relationship with some guy, and his girlfriend felt threatened. Maybe it wasn't platonic.
But why would they keep her for 22 days?

But why would they keep her for 22 days?

LE described brand as lettering, but said it was "unclear."

They might have been deciding what else to do. They might have realized she was the wrong person. The may have been to use her against the person that they assumed was her lover. Those are all potential reasons.

As for the hair, only claim as to what she looked was a poster who saw a photo taken a month after she was released. It could have been ragged but had been fixed by that point.

I feel similarly. The preponderance of evidence in this case -- including evidence not found -- and the ultimate LE response strongly suggests to me that this was not a random kidnapping by strangers. Whatever it was and whatever the fallout we are unlikely to know anytime soon and likely never will. I do hope that SP and her family got the help they needed.

I feel similarly. The preponderance of evidence in this case -- including evidence not found -- and the ultimate LE response strongly suggests to me that this was not a random kidnapping by strangers. Whatever it was and whatever the fallout we are unlikely to know anytime soon and likely never will. I do hope that SP and her family got the help they needed.

There is a difference between a random kidnapping and targeted kidnapping. I think this is targeted, not random.

Even if Papini was targeted by mistake, she was still targeted. If it wasn't by mistake, it could have been something personal or even an ethnic bias.

Last edited:
Paprini apparently had some anti immigrant feelings, according to the Sacramento Bee:

"
Papini also maintained a public Pinterest account that contained a section marked “Cultural Differences” featuring memes expressing concerns about illegal immigrants and Muslims. The section has since been taken down."

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article141599034.html#storylink=cpy

That could explain the targeting, especially in early November of 2016 , less than a week prior to the presidential election.

Paprini apparently had some anti immigrant feelings, according to the Sacramento Bee:

"
Papini also maintained a public Pinterest account that contained a section marked “Cultural Differences” featuring memes expressing concerns about illegal immigrants and Muslims. The section has since been taken down."

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article141599034.html#storylink=cpy

That could explain the targeting, especially in early November of 2016 , less than a week prior to the presidential election.

Or it could explain why she would say her kidnappers were Latina. It doesn’t make sense for two kidnappers to troll Pinterest for their next blonde, suburban victim. She claims to not know her kidnappers, so why would they target a random, white middle aged supermom when there are plenty of other people with the same views as Sherri?

Or it could explain why she would say her kidnappers were Latina. It doesn’t make sense for two kidnappers to troll Pinterest for their next blonde, suburban victim. She claims to not know her kidnappers, so why would they target a random, white middle aged supermom when there are plenty of other people with the same views as Sherri?

The kidnappers just have to know who Papini is. I am wondering if she was outspoken on political matters in 2016.

The kidnappers just have to know who Papini is. I am wondering if she was outspoken on political matters in 2016.

AFAIK there’s nothing to support the suggestion that she was outspoken on politics at that time, especially in a way that would anger two strangers enough to kidnap her in broad daylight, hold her captive for weeks, and then just let her go so she could be home in time to have turkey and pie on thanksgiving.

There is a difference between a random kidnapping and targeted kidnapping. I think this is targeted, not random.

Even if Papini was targeted by mistake, she was still targeted. If it wasn't by mistake, it could have been something personal or even an ethnic bias.

I am aware of the difference. I don't believe this was a targeted kidnapping because I don't see any compelling evidence that there was a kidnapping in this case, either by the "Latinas" SP identified or anyone else. A disappearance, yes.

Anyway, these events remain a quagmire. I should know better than to click on this thread...

AFAIK there’s nothing to support the suggestion that she was outspoken on politics at that time, especially in a way that would anger two strangers enough to kidnap her in broad daylight, hold her captive for weeks, and then just let her go so she could be home in time to have turkey and pie on thanksgiving.

They would not have to be strangers, as such. It could be someone that attended an event where she was at, or read her posts on social media. I have actually seen things (from the Sandusky case) where people know each other over social media.

Well, hopefully LE will announce that they've arrested the two Latina kidnappers. It's heartbreaking to see KP pleading for justice, begging for information that will help identify the people who kidnapped and assaulted our girl. The $50k reward that they raised with the GoGimmeMoney should lead to a lot of tips...

Oh, wait...

nevermind.

/s

I suspect that a ransom was paid in secret

Why is this case and this case only excluded from the victim friendly rules of this site? Time and time again gangsters, drug addicts, prostitutes and other criminals get themselves into dangerous situations and websleuths fall all over themselves to defend them, pray for them. Is it because Sherri was a happy upper middle class person? Do people want so badly for bad things to happen to people like her? I honestly do not understand it and why it extends even to protecting the kind of victim attacks that would be deleted in hours in other threads.

Last edited:
If her nose was broken during her captivity- wouldn’t it have been reset at the hospital? I know mine had to be done when I fell and went a few days later to the ER.
My nose has been broken many times and never reset at the hospital. You just put it where you want it then don't touch it for a few days. If Sherri was indeed a fighter in her youth she may have done so even handcuffed.

So crazed politically motivated Latina duo roaming the area? Or not?
MS-13 has been allowing female members in the US. This sort of thing isn't outside the realm of an initiation sort of crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500