Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need "all the details." I'd simply like to know if her legs were hairy or shaved after three weeks of being "held captive." That is all.

ETA: disclaimer: I'm a woman who has been assaulted by more than one man in my lifetime. I still think she's full of it.
Yes that is exactly the sort of evidence I have been amazed to find so many women, even other assault survivors, asking for. Sorry there isn't a medical examiners report for this one like there are for most. Your leg hair thing probably would have been in there.

Yes that is exactly the sort of evidence I have been amazed to find so many women, even other assault survivors, asking for. Sorry there isn't a medical examiners report for this one like there are for most. Your leg hair thing probably would have been in there.

You know why, right? Because they made it so public with the and all that? This is not some random assault case people are asking for answers about. The husband went on 20/20 pushing a narrative.....

Where did this “super mom” originate?
And what made her a “super mom”?
Children and a fulfilling yet demanding job?
President of the PTA?
Volunteer/Advocate of the year award?
JMO

Don't forget how she was described when she went missing.

Most missing persons will have a hair color/length, such as "long blond".

Sherri Papini was instead "signature long blond hair".

I'd like to know who her PR person was.

Maybe her husband?

Like many others here, I too would like to know the truth about this case.

You know why, right? Because they made it so public with the *** and all that? This is not some random assault case people are asking for answers about. The husband went on 20/20 pushing a narrative.....

He really did push a narrative, you know what I have discovered in the 5 years I've been interested in true crime and missing persons, is that not every case receives equal global time.

Sherri Papini's going missing hit the news globally when it happened.

Very peculiar.

I totally lost any sympathy for her and her husband when they moved and left their two dogs behind in the back yard. Sorry, just the way I feel. MOO YMMV
That's sad. :(
Cruelty aka neglect of animals is very telling.
Was someone just 'supposed' to rescue and care for them ?
Very irresponsible.

Pets should be part of the family and we as their caregivers are responsible for humane treatment and socialization.
I never like it when people buy a dog(s) and just leave it tied up in the back yard.
And even worse -- in this case, abandoning the two of them !

Edited to add :
This was linked, thanks .

In an earlier post of mine on this thread I'd commented that the criminal profiler who covered this case, had some interesting insights on the thought patterns of SP's husband.
He seemed 'put out' and upset about what the public thought of his wife's abduction.
My take at that time, was that things did not turn out like either KP or SP had assumed they would.
How, for instance, did he know enough to tell his children that she'd be home for the holiday ?
Etc.
MOO

Last edited:
I totally lost any sympathy for her and her husband when they moved and left their two dogs behind in the back yard. Sorry, just the way I feel. MOO YMMV
I don't think this is accurate. I recall a news article stating they went away, but not moved, and had friends watch the dogs awhile they were away. Maybe I don't remember correctly but this is my recollection.

That's sad. :(

Cruelty aka neglect of animals is very telling.
Was someone just 'supposed' to rescue and care for them ?
Very irresponsible.

Pets should be part of the family and we as their caregivers are responsible for humane treatment and socialization.
I never like it when people buy a dog(s) and just leave it tied up in the back yard.
And even worse -- in this case, abandoning the two of them !
California supermom Sherri Papini flees family home with husband and children | Daily Mail Online

Abducted jogger skips town with family and leaves dogs behind

He really did push a narrative, you know what I have discovered in the 5 years I've been interested in true crime and missing persons, is that not every case receives equal global time.

Sherri Papini's going missing hit the news globally when it happened.

Very peculiar.
bbm
Ita.

Green bolded :
He certainly did seem to do that.
The 'signature long blond hair' comment was strange.
Why not say something like "...Here is a recent photo and what she was probably wearing. She was last seen at such and such a time at this location. Any information or if you think you saw her, please help us !" Etc.

Lavender bolded :
I have some ideas why this made national headlines.

In all my years of being a crime hag, I have never heard a phrase like "signature long blond hair" in a description of the missing person.

If we're supposed to keep an eye out for a missing person, unless we personally know them, we have no idea of what their "signature" hairstyle/color is.

This remains one of the weirdest cases.

It's really difficult to think this wasn't some sort of stunt that didn't go as planned.

MOO

• The family left behind their two dogs, who are being walked daily by one of husband Keith's friends
Why is everybody talking like they heartlessly abandoned the dogs?? It clearly states that they were being cared for by a friend. People just go too far sometimes...

• The family left behind their two dogs, who are being walked daily by one of husband Keith's friends
Why is everybody talking like they heartlessly abandoned the dogs?? It clearly states that they were being cared for by a friend. People just go too far sometimes...

Ok so they had a friend come walk the dogs... then what? The article says that they were probably never coming back to the house, so those poor dogs are waiting forever for their owners to come back, maybe getting cursory visits once a day from someone they don't really know. And then sent to a shelter or something I imagine. It does seem heartless to me - I can't imagine deciding to pick up and just leaving my dogs - at least make arrangements for them to stay with someone else.

Ok so they had a friend come walk the dogs... then what? The article says that they were probably never coming back to the house, so those poor dogs are waiting forever for their owners to come back, maybe getting cursory visits once a day from someone they don't really know. And then sent to a shelter or something I imagine. It does seem heartless to me - I can't imagine deciding to pick up and just leaving my dogs - at least make arrangements for them to stay with someone else.
You're assuming they didn't get the dogs or that they were sheltered. And those assumptions don't make any sense. Why would they have a friend watch them when they could have dropped them off at the pound before they left? I don't get all the hate, at least for this part of the story. Is the NY Post or the Daily Mail even an acceptable source here on WS?

bbm
It's just one of the troubling aspects of this case.

I think finding them a new loving home would've been appropriate.
Having a friend walk them unfortunately will not be an arrangement that lasts forever.
My .02 is that they were eventually taken to a shelter.
But pets should be considered family members.
If you move, take them with you.
At the very least, with the monies collected from the crowd funding, arrange for the pets to be cared for on a permanent basis.
But each to their own.

Back to the primary players in this mysterious case, what did they do with all of that crowd funding $$ ?
Well-meaning persons who've contributed, deserve to know if this happened as stated -- or if there are still questions that need answering.

It would be nice to think that a portion of it could go towards treatment of Sherris' mental health if needed.
Her past was troubled, and part of moving forward is to take care of issues that may have caused this entire scenario.
The LE who investigated this 'abduction' might want to be compensated and that's completely fair.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member