Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only everyone had the same respect that you have. Its actually upsetting. Some of the reactions I have read are completely lacking of any kind of empathy and understanding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Totally agree!!!

Respectfully, this is not over. According to the story there are at least two felony fugitives out there! I think it's very valid to question why these people don't appear to be being feverishly hunted for.

Is it not odd that the Sheriff seemed so blasé about the whole ordeal?
Unless that's just how they do it in California? No urgency to get these people into custody.

That's frightening and weird to me, which is the only reason I question what really happened.

Agreed. It's scary to think people capable of what these "2 women" are accused of are just out there not being actively sought after. They haven't even bothered to say what direction they appeared to be going. There must be a lot LE isn't telling us.

The only specific detail that the police shared during the news conference was that the abductors were two female that were Latino.

If there is any other detailed information that I missed please let me know.

I feel that this information should have only been shared with composite sketches and more information on what happened.

Calling out race without a full description of the abductors is wrong.

maybe they did collect the ramsom but it's in the best interest for the public to be told the opposite-because it might create more kidnappings for money..

yasss. i agree. i am on the fence of what really happened, i can find a lot of different arguments for abduction AND willfully missing.

who knows, the whole ransom/reverse ransom and then changed to reward could have given sherri a percieved way 'out' of being afraid to come home without being vilified. since she appeared during the reward part of the deal, it would make sense to say two women released or had her and let her escape essentially. as people would think the girls did it for a reward.

the deadline and the timing before thanksgiving and the appearance of sherri seems to niggle at me that they are related somehow. either by true abduction vs. advice on how to kind of flush someone out who might want to come back but are afraid of consequences.

maybe they did collect the ramsom but it's in the best interest for the public to be told the opposite-because it might create more kidnappings for money..

True. If the kidnapping story is true it would make perfect sense that she was "returned" the way she was if they kidnappers claimed the ransom money. LE said that no money was claimed but I thought the whole point of the money was to get her back and keep LE out of it.

Yes maybe this was a ransom situation. Its only crazy if the girls just "let her go" because then there is no motive. Now if there was money exchanged and if this really is a situation between two gangs maybe it's not impossible.

We don't know that the women were the captors, only that they freed her.

They were armed and did not unbind her. They were her captors. It doesn't matter that they let her go. If caught, they will be charged with kidnapping/false imprisonment. LE isn't looking for those women in order to thank them for freeing her:

Sheriff Tom Bosenko said that investigators are looking for a dark-colored SUV driven by two armed Hispanic woman. A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the abductors.

"We learned she was released by her captor". http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...n-yolo-county-bound-with-restraints/183165592

The only specific detail that the police shared during the news conference was that the abductors were two female that were Latino.

If there is any other detailed information that I missed please let me know.

I feel that this information should have only been shared with composite sketches and more information on what happened.

Calling out race without the full details of the abductors is wrong.

I believe that their race is the only information given by SP. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I watched the sheriff's press conference. He seems to be taking the abduction claim at face value. If he has his doubts, he sure didn't express or even hint at them, AFAICT. He said she was abducted, not allegedly abducted, near the location where her phone was found. He also said he would keep the public informed as the investigation continues. None of us knows what happened; but if we have patience, I think we'll learn more soon.

It's important to remember that there are several LE agencies involved: Shasta County, Yolo County, California Highway Patrol, FBI, Redding Police Department, and possibly others. Evidence is coming from many sources.

Press Conference at about 12:50
Shasta County District Attorney has jurisdiction to file a case if the case is presented with all the facts needed to file a case.
https://www.facebook.com/KRCR7/

Here's what's really bugging me, if 2 Hispanic women abducted her and are still out there why isn't there more urgency to find them? Who's to say they won't hurt someone else? We haven't gotten a great description of the vehicle, just a dark SUV (is it black, grey, dark blue), any idea of make/model? Maybe show SP pictures of SUVs to get an idea of the make/model? How come no composite sketches or at least an age range of abductors. There just seems to be no real concern to try to locate these 2 women. That's really odd to me.

I've been spending Thanksgiving with my family, so am behind. That said, the two Hispanic women ? What's that all about ? I guess I'll find out when I have time to go read up. LOL.

And also, a slightly belated Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!! :turkey: :autumn:

I watched the sheriff's press conference. He seems to be taking the abduction claim at face value. If he has his doubts, he sure didn't express or even hint at them, AFAICT. He said she was abducted, not allegedly abducted, near the location where her phone was found. He also said he would keep the public informed as the investigation continues. None of us knows what happened; but if we have patience, I think we'll learn more soon.

Well that's true. No equivocation.

IF it turns out that she left on her own I hope she gets help to sort through what led to her leaving. I'm still haunted by the Lance Buckley story.

Oh my gosh I'd never heard of that case. Scary.

I just can't understand a motive...to take someone and then return them.

Rape usually. Having their own personal play toy. And sometimes they start to feel bad or guilty or that the heat is too high, so they release them. AH was one. Indeed it's very rare though. And to have two female captors involved? Bizarre.

Just an opinion, nothing more and nothing less, that ransom was paid.

You know what? That could damn well be. I discounted it quickly because the sheriff said "No" so fast when asked. But maybe that's why. Maybe they don;t want to encourage kidnappings for ransom. For all we know, there could've been a ransom demand that we weren't aware of. It's possible. I still have some serious questions and misgivings, but you never know.

I'm very glad Ms Papini's children have her back, I am very glad she doesn't appear to have been harmed - apart from the physical injuries that have been reported, obviously.

I hope Ms Papini receives the mental and physical help she needs to recover from whatever experience she has been through.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Would there be ANY video footage of the roads in and out of the area on 11/2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz