Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-share-joy-post-happy-photo-two-children.html

From the link above:
Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko told a press conference that specific pieces of information were being withheld as investigations continued but that officers were confident an arrest for Sherri's kidnapping would be made.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-happy-photo-two-children.html#ixzz4R3KcDSU4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM. Is this just a typo or me just reading too much into it? They do say the devil is in the detail...

I honestly don't know what to make of any of it.

Stranger things have happened.

I'm just going to sit on my hands and lurk for a while.

Amazing. I woke to the news this morning. One of the most bizarre cases I've ever seen. I thought for sure she was abducted at her home by someone she knew or at least knew her. I thought the phone was a plant. I didn't believe it was while she was running and I didn't believe it was a stranger abduction. The only thing I may have gotten right is that it was an abduction.

If the abductors were armed, then they probably forced in the vehicle at gunpoint. Motive? Ransom and that scenario went sideways for one reason or another? Possible human trafficking to Mexico and the tremendous publicity made that difficult if not impossible?

Strange, just strange. I am very glad she is back home.

Don't feel bad. The only thing I got right was ... nothing at all. This marks the 3rd case I've gotten wrong in my years on WS. Cubs won the World Series, Donald Trump is our president, and this case gets my vote for the craziest. 2016 has been a wild ride.

I'm not sure what "kind of girl" you are referring to. Young, naive, troubled girls would be "easier" targets as opposed to adult, strong, assertive adult women (I hope this is where you were going with SP). But the trafficking culture is changing. It's not simply a "mind game", women are beaten and drugged into submission. The belief that there is a poster child of what the trafficking victim looks like is very dangerous as it leads to many missing persons (women and men) being dismissed as leaving voluntarily. IMO, not knowing exactly what happened to SP, nothing can be ruled out, including trafficking. BBM

For 24 hours, the 20-year-old Arlington woman was missing. She’d been kidnapped at gunpoint, raped and sold to a pimp for $500 — money she was expected to recoup by prostituting herself.

The Arlington woman’s ordeal in July points to a particularly brutal method of sexual exploitation and sheds light on the hidden crime of human trafficking. Nationally, federal task forces investigated about 2,500 suspected human trafficking incidents from 2008 through mid-2010, with 88 percent involving prostitution. Most of the other cases involved labor trafficking.

And Texas has placed a high number of calls — second only to California — to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center. The 24/7 phone line has seen an increased number of calls from Texas in recent years, and received about 250 crisis or tip calls from Texas in 2011. Since 2008, the center also has identified about 800 victims from Texas, which is about 12 percent of its national total.

Cuda left her with a prostitute, who would “show her the ropes and check her out,” according to the arrest warrant. The woman, whom police identify as 23-year-old Alicisa Faye Morris, gave the Arlington woman clothes and instructions. She warned her that Cuda had a reputation for beating girls and would probably hurt her if she didn’t do as she was told, the warrant states.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2012/08/12/abduction-prostitution-of-arlington-woman-shed-light-on-hidden-crime-of-human-trafficking

No no no sex traffickers don't take that kind of girl regardless of her age. Nothing makes any sense. Maybe kidnapped for ransom but if so then why the public reverse ransom? And why does sheriff believe that nobody else has anything to worry about with perps on loose? eas she threatened to say 2 ransom hispanics?

What would be the typo? The word arrest? I am not sure what you are saying.

Probably because it's singular. Two perps would ordinarily prompt arrests, rather than one arrest.

I thought traffickers looked for runaways or ppl that no one else would really miss thus staying off the LE radar.
I do know they target young girls a d maybe they thought Sherri was younger than what she is... after taking here they have now realized because she was all over the news and no one n wanted her....
Maybe they just decided to let her go.
Kidnaping charges are better then murder charges and I dont think anyone will be caught anyway.

Pretty new here. So I may be way off base, but, did the sheriff elude to the fact that her husband immediately responded "to the scene"....Did Keith pick her up? I got the impression he was there before LE was.

Also, there are so many threads I cannot find this statement that someone mentioned: initially she was not abducted, but she was in the end or something to that effect. My question is could she have willingly been gone/disappeared but by the time the reward was offered someone did kidnap her and bring her back to get that reward. Just a thought...I have lots of thoughts on this lol

So, it looks like she was at the very least physically assaulted during captivity. This is awful. <modsnip>

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

So, it looks like she was at the very least physically assaulted during captivity. This is awful. <modsnip>

LE ,in 9 out of 10 cases will withhold information for a lot of reasons. The public doesn't need to know everything.

Well if they were sex trafficker girls that had a kind heart and let Sherri go then I hope they aren't killed by their boss! Did Sherri escape herself? Otherwise these girls are putting themselves in danger of at the very least being put in prison. Risky!

And heavily battered.

Where is the information coming from that she was chained to something and heavily battered? I've not seen it in anything linked yet. Have I missed a link?

ETA: Sorry, just seen it in first posts; from the dispatcher information.

Would they not keep her in hospital if she had been heavily battered?

I can't decide which outcome is preferable. I wish none of it had happened at all [emoji20]

Well if they were sex trafficker girls that had a kind heart and let Sherri go then I hope they aren't killed by their boss! Did Sherri escape herself? Otherwise these girls are putting themselves in danger of at the very least being put in prison. Risky!
You are absoutely right. These women may be victims just as much as SP is.

Pretty new here. So I may be way off base, but, did the sheriff elude to the fact that her husband immediately responded "to the scene"....Did Keith pick her up? I got the impression he was there before LE was.
l

My understanding is that Keith was called on the phone, presumably by LE, at the scene of Sherri's reappearance and that the two of them spoke. The actual reunion occurred at the hospital, I believe.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ca...l-found-hear-husbands-voice/story?id=43771868

The comment about local dispatch reports indicating she was chained to something and heavily battered was quoted in MSM, but where is the media source obtaining that information? We all know MSM reports can be inaccurate. Do they have access to local dispatch reports?

soanyway in your own source

"kidnapping people to force them into prostitution is uncommon, experts say. There are other lower-risk options for traffickers"

“The pimps, the traffickers that I’ve interviewed … understand that they can get further by using their charm and playing on the needs of the victim,”

"
Traffickers often lure women and children who are vulnerable — people who are homeless or runaways. Experts point to only a handful of trafficking cases from across the country involving kidnapping in recent years. Police confirm that such incidents are rare in Dallas."

"The crime does not discriminate, affecting people of all ages, both male and female, as well as foreign-born and Americans."

yes anyone male female whatever can be a victim..

but it IS very rare and if take gender, age, socio economic, status "look" lifestyle etc into account then that will increase or decrease your desirability. its called trend analysis.

its not a lucrative "business"to be a trafficker in a developed part of the world. the bulk of the girls are in some way involved in that world to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea