GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
She likely didn't want all the details out. Please deal was less exposing. If she was actually ashamed, she would have reported it to the police, rather than being arrested. They were still investigating.

Big liar.

Wow, she also collected SSDI (Disability payments) for nearly 6 years! What a piece of work.

I see that part of her agreement is that she can't file bankruptcy in order to finagle her way out of paying the debts. But... where would the funds come from anyway? As a SAHM she's pretty much judgment proof unless she gets a job and I don't think any agreement could force that to happen.

@gitana1 what say you? TIA.

I know at least with child support, the court does NOT play when it comes to being underemployed by choice. If she tried to say "I'm a stay at home mom, so sorry, can't pay this back", I imagine the judge would take into consideration that she HAS had a decent job in the past. Otherwise, what would stop everyone from saying they can't pay their judgement because they don't have a job, ya know?

I know at least with child support, the court does NOT play when it comes to being underemployed by choice. If she tried to say "I'm a stay at home mom, so sorry, can't pay this back", I imagine the judge would take into consideration that she HAS had a decent job in the past. Otherwise, what would stop everyone from saying they can't pay their judgement because they don't have a job, ya know?
Yeah, I don't know. I'm not a lawyer but I can't see any court having the power to force a woman with minor children to get a job in order to repay debts.

The kids will be in school now right? Then there's six hours a day for her to earn something, not sure who would employ her right enough. I hope no one else helps her pay this.

She is a manipulator -- I imagine her manipulating behavior began at a young age
And it worked well with her parents so she decided to try it out on others and she
Was rewarded with getting what she wanted. I anticipate such behavior will
Continue--there are always vulnerable people who will allow themselves to
Be mainipulated

Boy this one is a head spinner. I remember media coverage when she went missing. (IMO) Something didn't seem right about it. Can't give a reason just a feeling. They showed some pictures and there was one of her and her husband with his head on her shoulder and hugging her and she was looking directly at the camera. It totally creeped me out. My first thought was if you looked up narcissist in the dictionary.... her picture would be with the definition. There are many forms of mental illness and levels if insecurity. (IMO) It is possible that time in a mental facility instead of prison or a work program may help her with her issues. It is unfortunate that her family is also burdened with the outcome of all of this. Thank goodness she was not abducted and murdered but this still isn't a pretty outcome.

Perhaps a prison work program.
Lol! Sorry, but that gave me an image of SP toiling away in a sweltering prison laundry or cooking slop for the inmates. Too funny!

I've decided that I don't really care how she gets funds any more. If soft-hearted people believe her statement and want to help her it's on them. I'd rather see CalVCB reimbursed and the money given to legitimate victims.

A tearful Sherri Papini appears in Sacramento court ahead of planned guilty plea in hoax
Inside Chief Magistrate Judge Kendall J. Newman’s courtroom, Papini agreed to waive indictment and face charges through a charging document known as an information.

Papini is scheduled to appear by Zoom on Monday for a change of plea hearing at which she is expected to plead guilty to one count of making false statements and one count of mail fraud. She faces sentencing in the case July 11.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article260389077.html#storylink=cpy

Let's not forget the fear Papini's actions brought to her community. And the undeserved shame the Hispanic community suffered. And how her disappearance overshadowed the cases of other local women. Discussed in the video.

Latino community targeted due to Sherri Papini’s kidnapping claims
Sherri Papini's claims that she was kidnapped by two Hispanic women led to fear in the local Latino community as investigators pursued what they now say was a made-up story. Lilia Luciano looks at how the fallout of the false accusations are still felt today.
Latino community targeted due to Sherri Papini’s kidnapping claims

I’m a “why” person.

Why did she do this? Attention needed from husband? Money? Why?

To put your family and friends through this traumatizing event is unconscionable. Her children must have been terrified.

Honestly, she should spend some serious time in jail. The party’s over for this girl.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member