GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RANCH thanks for providing the Criminal Complaint. Just read through it now.

Whatever the ex-boyfriend believed at first, once he was aware that she was a missing person, is there a crime he committed by not informing LE? I know she wasn’t a fugitive so he wasn’t guilty of harboring one, and she’s an adult, but it doesn’t seem right that he could just allow her to stay there while knowing she was considered missing.

Morally wrong I know, but criminally, I’m unsure.

However, he admitted to branding her since she wanted him to, and I cannot understand any thinking adult who would go along with that.

It appears he was an accessory. But they may have given him immunity.

Ideas why they waited until now to charge her when they had the DNA info and info from the Ex-boyfriend in 2020?

And it appears her therapist needs a new profession! And needs to payback the victim compensation fund.

I KNEW IT!!! And yet... I'm pleasantly surprised to learn LE finally arrested her. Although, I have to admit her story is even more ludicrous than I ever imagined! I knew she was full of it the minute I saw those FBI sketches. If you took every racial stereotype about Hispanic women and put them all together, it would look exactly like those sketches.

She's some kind of sick human being to abandon her husband and children just to garner attention this way. Or to pay off debt with donations. Or to perpetuate damaging racial stereotypes about a group of people you hate. Or to fill in the blank.

And I have no words for the fact that she'd saved the wood making tool to her Pinterest account before concocting her elaborate plan. I have to believe the word or phrase that meant so much to her she wanted it branded on her skin was some sort of racial epithet. That might explain why it was strangely omitted from an otherwise highly detailed court document.

:mad:

I just cannot fathom doing what SP did.

Her children will be scarred for life. Can you imagine doing this to your young children? She abandoned them. Didn’t pick them up from daycare. They thought she had been kidnapped and possibly dead. All the while, she’s shacked up with an ex boyfriend doing whatever she was doing.

She saw her husband and family in the news. She knew they were looking for her. Her family was devastated and worried sick. The pain and trauma she caused by this stunt seemed not to bother her one little bit. She lied and betrayed everyone.

Her actions while with the Ex are very bizarre. If he is telling the truth, and to be honest I’m not sure he is, he should have been very concerned about her mental health instead of helping her hide and assisting her in the branding. WTH? Who does that?

It sounds like SP has always been somewhat off the rails. Her behaviour, ie lying and grandiose story telling and need for attention are not new. This is common behaviour for her apparently.

MOO there’s a long standing mental health/personality disorder at play here.

This is one of the most audacious cases I’ve followed. It will be interesting to see how this moves forward. I guess I’m back to following this thread.

All MOO!
Hadn't she also lost a significant amount of weight while at her ex bf"s?
Makes one wonder what all they were up to. :rolleyes:
moo

Wow!! About time. Hope she has to pay back all the money associated with searches, LE’s time, the courts time, the people that donated for search efforts, the victim money she got, compensation to all family affected, they are victims now, the list is endless!!! How can you go about your life knowing you did this awful thing that affected so many people. Blaming two Hispanic women is also a horrible thing to do. Disgraceful behaviour, I hope the punishment is as horrible as she made her family feel while she was gone. Moo

This.

Feels like many of us here have spent years holding our tongues on this case -- imagine what it's been like for her family. Just a revolting conspiracy of one, with help from the strangely compliant ex.

And receiving Victim's Comp counselling as a victim, rather the disturbed perpetrator -- awful.

Hey I totally agree with you! But I think this woman just wanted to be with boyfriend. Didn't intend to stay away so long! Got caught up a d just.lied....she seems a narcissist to me!

I thought so too, but am not so sure after reading the criminal complaint. As some examples of what may have been planning ahead for something other than a fling with an ex, the ex boyfriend stated it seemed as if she was purposely losing weight, she cut her hair early on, and she instructed him to pay cash for a wood burning kit to brand her (also early on in her stay with him), and then instructed him to throw it away when he expressed interest in keeping it. If true, this seems like a deliberate attempt early on to paint a picture of kidnapping.

And I have no words for the fact that she'd saved the wood making tool to her Pinterest account before concocting her elaborate plan. I have to believe the word or phrase that meant so much to her she wanted it branded on her skin was some sort of racial epithet. That might explain why it was strangely omitted from an otherwise highly detailed court document.

Sherri would REALLY be sabotaging her story if that's true, since in her version the "Mexican women kidnappers" had themselves branded her. I don't think it would take LE five seconds to realize that a Mexican woman is very unlikely to brand a racist epithet about Mexicans.

Then again, her reasoning is not exactly sound.

I don't know what to think about the ex-bf . Or the husband, and what he knew/knows about the situation.

The amount of money she grifted and how it was used is shameful.

I feel very sorry for her children.

moo

Hey Everyone,
If you could take a moment and subscribe to our Websleuths YouTube channel I would really appreciate it.
This will help Websleuths.com to continue on. We are trying to get to 50 thousand subscribers.
It is free to subscribe to the Websleuths YouTube Channel.
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSiqBuCJlK1uQqE_nV6ehfQ/videos
We will discuss Sherri's case tonight. Going live at 10:20 PM Eastern.
Thank you and I will now time myself out for breaking the rules ;)

YASSSS the way she kept getting her digs in and acting like she was all brave was so laughable.

ETA how she repeatedly said "it was spanish idk spanish"
Diane Downs claimed a black man shot her kids. Susan Smith claimed a black man kidnapped her sons. CA claimed an Hispanic woman took Caylee. Willie Wilson claimed a white man and Hispanic woman attacked him and took baby Delano (the laughable Grand Theft Auto sketch). And now we have ol' Sherri claiming two Hispanic women took her.

Like @Ontario Mom I'm not convinced SP has a treatable mental illness. I'm not a psychiatrist but her lack of remorse or empathy, two fundamental and necessary human feelings, are fairly obvious even to the untrained.

I can (sort of) understand her husband and other family members supporting her but hopefully they aren't supporting her actions. All energy IMO needs to be focused on their poor children who never asked for any of this. MOO

Sherri would REALLY be sabotaging her story if that's true, since in her version the "Mexican women kidnappers" had themselves branded her. I don't think it would take LE five seconds to realize that a Mexican woman is very unlikely to brand a racist epithet about Mexicans.

Then again, her reasoning is not exactly sound.
I think whatever it said was vague and covert. That's why the ex-boyfriend didn't remember what it was but knew it had special meaning to her. Like how racist groups (and gangs) commonly display words and numbers that have hidden meanings.

In my opinion, there needs to be a charge for "hate crime".

Because of S.P.'s horrible lies about two "Hispanic women", this caused Hispanic women to be looked at suspicously in the area.

This was a horrendous part of S.P.'s scheme and. in my opinion, S.P. needs to face what she caused by her outrageous racist lies.

JMO

Its absolutely morally wrong, but his acts weren't criminal. Adults have the right to disappear and start a new life elsewhere if they want too and they have no legal obligation to tell anyone if their life that their leaving, thus there was no duty for him to tell police she was there.

It became a crime when she lied to presented them with false evidence. (misdemeanor, normal punishment small fine, so very rarely charged because prosecutors dont have time to focus on it)

that being said she was only offered support payments because they thought she was a kidnapping victim. accepting the payments on a known lie is fraud. she can be held liable:
criminally (pushishment with potential jail time) and
civilally (court can order her to pay back the money she accepted)

If he did anything to cover this up after she was “discovered” and gave police her false story, which became publicly known, then he would be an accessory.

In my opinion, there needs to be a charge for "hate crime".

Because of S.P.'s horrible lies about two "Hispanic women", this caused Hispanic women to be looked at suspicously in the area.

This was a horrendous part of S.P.'s scheme and. in my opinion, S.P. needs to face what she caused by her outrageous racist lies.

JMO

Jussie didn't get charged with a hate crime, so I doubt it will happen for Sherri.

Hey I totally agree with you! But I think this woman just wanted to be with boyfriend. Didn't intend to stay away so long! Got caught up a d just.lied....she seems a narcissist to me!

I don’t know. Seems she has a super long history of lying for attention -usually in ways that make her a hero and/or victim/martyr.

She apparently injured herself and blamed her mother, years ago.

She made up fake stories of heart conditions, to friends.

She made fake rape claims.

She made fake claims about ex boyfriends.

She appears to have made a fake story on a racist website about being jumped by a gang of Mexican women, and fought them valiantly, beating them up.

She accused her husband of domestic violence.

I just hope she never made fake claims about her kids. This is Munchausen territory, IMO. The kids are not safe with a person like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6