GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherri Papini to be released on $120,000 bond in Sacramento

3/8/22

[..]

A Sacramento judge at a detention hearing ordered Sherri Papini, 39, of Redding to be released on $120,000 bond. She left jail late Tuesday afternoon and ran to waiting family members without making a comment.

As a condition of her release Papini must submit to the following:

• Must surrender her passport.
  • Can only travel within the Eastern District of California.
  • Needs to undergo psychiatric treatment.
  • Surrender all ammunition she may have and not go anywhere where there are firearms.
  • No contact with any witnesses with the exception of family.
Papini was found on Thanksgiving Day in 2016 after weeks of searching in California and several nearby states, with bindings on her body and injuries including a swollen nose and a "brand" on her right shoulder.

[..]

3/8/22

Peterson warned Papini that due to a COVID-19 backlog, federal courts are processing cases much slower than they normally would be, so if she violated any of the terms of her release, she would be confined until her trial. That process could take potentially years. “You should take this very seriously,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259194028.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259188623.html

3/5/22

In a Zoom hearing Friday with Papini appearing on camera from the jail, attorney Michael Borges of Redding asked that she be released on her own recognizance, and said he was concerned about the conditions in the jail. Borges said Papini has food allergies and had only been able to eat part of an apple since her arrest.

He added that Papini had told her jailers about her dietary restrictions but “has not been able to eat since she was detained yesterday morning.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney Veronica Alegria objected to Papini being released, saying Papini is a flight risk and poses a danger to the community.

Tuesday’s hearing will begin at 2 p.m. before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremy D. Peterson.

Peterson also set a preliminary hearing for March 18, and Alegria said prosecutors were hoping to obtain an indictment against Papini before that date.

US Attorney cites SP is a flight risk and danger to the community, and the best the defense can do is to blame it on an apple! Sounds about right... :rolleyes:
So she’s allergic to only PART of an apple? Or is she just so freakin’ dainty.

Gut feeling, instinct, red flag, hinky meter, spidey sense, etc. Different folks call it different things.
The very first time Susan Smith gave a televised interview about her boys, I knew instantly she was lying. I have no idea how I knew, I just did. WS is loaded with folks that share this same "hinky meter" and I think in this case, it went off for many at the same time. I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt but at the same time, I knew the kindapping story was a lie as much as I knew Susan Smith's story was a lie.

jmo
Honestly, I didn’t suspect *her* at first but the whole earbud thing made me think *someone* had staged it. But after her return, all the evasiveness seemed off to me. I thought that perhaps someone had harmed her, then stashed her until she healed and needed an excuse for her absence. Or that she had been with another guy and then harmed immediately after her release. I’ll admit to being surprised that she orchestrated all the harm.

Last edited:
Predator Sherri? "Inside Edition" (MSM?) has a clip on their YouTube channel in which an ex-boyfriend says he dated her when he was 15 and she was a 20 year old camp counselor! Very credible demeanor. Doesn't surprise me one bit, but YIKES!

So we can expect another *** campaign soon, for the bail money?
Yes, yes we can.

We're just not expecting any donations.

Actually, her husband and family came up with the bail today so she's somewhere other than jail. I don't know if she went home though. Wouldn't that be a media circus?

ETA: Her husband should have used that money to take those kids to an undisclosed location to get them away from the situation she created. She could visit them and then go home and deal with all the looky loos herself.

Last edited:
Gut feeling, instinct, red flag, hinky meter, spidey sense, etc. Different folks call it different things.
The very first time Susan Smith gave a televised interview about her boys, I knew instantly she was lying. I have no idea how I knew, I just did. WS is loaded with folks that share this same "hinky meter" and I think in this case, it went off for many at the same time. I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt but at the same time, I knew the kindapping story was a lie as much as I knew Susan Smith's story was a lie.

jmo

In this case it was much more than gut, IMO. Her story was implausible and coupled with her past it seemed it was highly likely it was made up.

Sherri Papini kidnapping case: Papini out of jail on bail

3/8/22

As conditions of her release, U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremy Peterson of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California told Papini she must surrender her passport and cannot possess or have any access to firearms or ammunition or be anywhere where firearms are present.

As conditions of her release, the judge also told Papini she must provide a DNA sample and restrict her travel to the Eastern District of California if approved by the court in advance.

The judge also required Papini not to use alcohol or non-prescription narcotics and ordered her to participate in a program of medical or psychiatric treatment. She also must not "associate with or have contact with any witnesses in this case" outside of the presence of her attorney, with the exception of her family members, the judge said.

[..]

Papini's next court appearance is scheduled for March 25. She did not speak during her detainment hearing on Tuesday.

She faces charges of making false statements to a federal law enforcement officer and mail fraud. The maximum prison sentence is five years for the first charge and 20 years for the second. Each charge carries a maximum financial penalty of $250,000 and Peterson said she could also be required to pay restitution.

@Niner

ETA: Except for Law and Crime article linked up-thread, I'm not seeing any other MSM citing defendant can't have contact with her husband Keith (??) :eek:

Really cushy terms for poor SP. Guess the judge was snowed into advocating for her. And ordering psych treatment as a bail condition? I have never heard of such a thing. I mean come on. She received tons of “treatment”. In fact, part of her charges stem from that. The judge seems to be sending a message with that provision: That poor Sherri just has a mental health problem and we should get her help, not prosecute her.

Ugh. I’m so tired of women like her getting all the breaks.

So - her preliminary hearing is now on 3/25/22 instead of 3/18/22?
Yes -- while she was in custody the PH clock was ticking fast. Now that she's on bail, they have another week.

It must be held within 14 days of the initial appearance if the defendant is being held in jail. If the defendant is out on bail, it must be scheduled within 21 days of the initial appearance.

Oh boo *advertiser censored****** hoo!!!!

Her she is trying to be the victim crying as she runs out of the courthouse.

I hope she gets the 25 years.

Worthless ***

Based on the low bail amount and extremely light conditions, as well as the requirement that she seek mental health treatment, I think this woman may just get a slap on the wrist.

(Even if she didn't, she’s not getting close to 25 years. The upper limits stated by the media in these cases is for people with criminal records (points against them) and/or factors that bump the sentences up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48