Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exclusive on KTVU at 10pm. Santa Clara County S/O has man in custody in Sierra LaMar case. Employee of Safeway food store in Morgan Hill. Looks to be in his 20s. Owns red Jetta

Suspect taken into custody in Sierra La Mar

KTVU
Posted: 9:28 p.m. Monday, May 21, 2012

MORGAN HILL, Calif. — A 21-year-old suspect was taken into custody Monday in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, according to authorities.
KTVU confirmed Monday evening that Santa Clara sheriff's deputies were holding 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres in custody as a suspect in the case.

Garcia-Torres, a resident of San Martin, is the owner of the red VW Jetta that authorities sought and seized in connection with the case on May 8th.

Garcia-Torres was being questioned about the disappearance of the 15-year old girl from Morgan Hill.

At the Santa Clara County sheriff's office Monday night, there were high hopes that the arrest is the break investigators have needed to solve the disappearance of Sierra La Mar.
A KTVU camera crew was at the Safeway store on Tenant Avenue in Morgan Hill at around 6 p.m. when sheriff's detectives took Garcia-Torres, a store employee, into custody.

KTVU followed the detectives to the sheriff's headquarters in San Jose and were outside at around 9 p.m. when detectives took Torres to the main county jail.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/suspect-taken-custody-sierra-la-mar-case/nPBX3/

Owner of the red Jetta is in custody and (apparently) charged with Murder. His DNA was found in car and on Sierra's clothes in Juicy bag.

Now...where is Sierra?!?!

Marc Klaas just tweeted "Arrest made in Sierra LaMar case. 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres faces murder charges." with the KTVU link above. I didn't see anything about murder in the article. Did I miss something?

Marc Klaas just tweeted "Arrest made in Sierra LaMar case. 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres faces murder charges." with the KTVU link above. I didn't see anything about murder in the article. Did I miss something?

Nothing official. News reporter said "charged with kidnap and murder." There will be a presser tomorrow.

This is bittersweet news, but hopefully now justice will be served. Thinking of Sierra's family now more than ever. I knew that poor mother wasn't involved from the beginning.

Nothing official. News reporter said "charged with kidnap and murder." There will be a presser tomorrow.

Thank you, Annie! I haven't posted about her, but I do follow her case. I was so hopeful that she had run away and would be found alive. So very sad! Prayers for her family! I can not imagine what they are feeling right now.

If your going to sleuth his name it will be easier now rather than later after the I-net is flooded with this news. HTH

Oh my God...I am so shocked even though I had little hope...still, I feel sick...

WHY did LE keep on saying that they believed her to be alive...I knew they didn't mean but I think her friends believed it...they were all so positive...:(

Oh My!

I was sooo hoping she had run away or was being held alive!
(Not that any clues led in this direction, necessarily.)

:praying:

Posted: 9:28 p.m. Monday, May 21, 2012
KTVU.com
MORGAN HILL, Calif. —
A 21-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with one count of murder and one count of kidnapping Monday in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, according to authorities.
KTVU confirmed Monday evening that Santa Clara sheriff's deputies were holding 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres in custody as a suspect in the case.
Garcia-Torres, a resident of San Martin, is the owner of the red VW Jetta that authorities sought and seized in connection with the case on May 8th.
<snip>
Sources said there is some DNA evidence linking Garcia-Torres to the clothing found in Sierra La Mar's backpack.
We have also been told that Garcia-Torres has been under around-the-clock surveillance since he was identified, including at his job and at his San Martin home. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/suspect-taken-custody-sierra-la-mar-case/nPBX3/

/sigh

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/suspect-taken-custody-sierra-la-mar-case/nPBX3/

"MORGAN HILL, Calif. — A 21-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with one count of murder and one count of kidnapping Monday in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, according to authorities.

Garcia-Torres, a resident of San Martin, is the owner of the red VW Jetta that authorities sought and seized in connection with the case on May 8th
."

They've had surveillance on him. Had a strong feeling they were trying to get a reaction. They probably wanted to see if he would lead them to her. I hope he at least tells where she is, no matter what the case is.

If your going to sleuth his name it will be easier now rather than later after the I-net is flooded with this news. HTH

I don't see anything besides the Sierra Lamar stuff? What am I missing?

I see the cat connection as someone "collecting" pretty, exotic things. Like Siamese cats and exotic looking young women? Perhaps this is where he left his "trophies?" I definately think there is some connection of sorts. The cats being there wasn't random; neither was her bag. JMO, of course.
BTW, I don't understand the dogs not picking up her scent there. I mean, her scent was on the bag, right? Doesn't make sense to me.

What it probably means is that while her bag was saturated with her scent, there was no trail leading to or away from her bag.

Dogs track naturally, meaning they don't just locate a scent, they naturally want to find out where that scent came from before the article was placed and where that scent went to after the article was placed.

In a situation where someone else places the article, the dog will cast around for the scent. That means that the dog starts close to the article and makes a spiral or semi-spiral around that article. The dog will cast for awhile, then go back to the article. The handler may encourage the dog to cast out further from the article on the possibility that the article was thrown into place.

But finally, the dog has covered the longest possible distance that the article could be thrown without indicating that more scent has been found.

At that point, the handler has to go "well, my dog isn't finding any more scent, which means that this article was placed other than by the person who possessed it."

Teaching a dog to track is magical, at least to me. I think it's the closest a human being can come to reading the mind of a dog. Well, tracking or herding. With herding, though, you have to read the minds of the stock as well (sheep are not stupid). With tracking, it's very pure; it's just dog and handler out there figuring out a puzzle where only the dog can "see" the pieces.

I have the greatest faith in our LE out here. They are the best!

I don't see anything besides the Sierra Lamar stuff? What am I missing?
I was just saying that if anyone was going to sleuth him using the internet and his name that it would show at the top of the list before the Associated Press put the news out. Once AP gets it they all get it and anything that is on the I-net with his name (from before the arrest) will now be buried at the bottom of possibly hundreds of pages. Like prior arrest articles etc... HTH :)

So, if you did not find anything...your probably not missing anything. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member