Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where did the talk of Sierra being found come from this morning?

I did not hear this rumor...?

Sarx, have you heard of cases where the volunteers go door to door to canvass the neighbors? Sounds like a way for leaks to get out, rumors going, etc...no matter how well-intended people are?

This article is from a few days ago but does this mean there were no fingerprints, hairs or other DNA found on the items located? Or if traces were found, they don't lead to anyone in the "system"?

Forensic examinations of the items have not revealed any new leads.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/sierra-lamar-missing-california_n_1418763.html

Also

According to Copus, if LaMar has been killed, her body will likely be above ground. "Someone like that is not going to dig a grave," he said. "He drove her out someplace and the body will likely be in a ditch or (easily accessible) location."

I'm not sure I agree with this at all. If she was killed she could have very well been buried or hidden. IMO

All possibilites should be looked at.

Just for clarification, because I think it has been specifically stated that Sierra's charger and inhaler were found at her home...do you think/are you suggesting that her wallet, hairbrush, and make-up were also found in the home? I understand about the statement that "nothing else" was in the bag...I guess I'm questioning whether the other items you mentioned are in the same category of "we know they couldn't have been in the bag because we know they were at the house" as the charger and inhaler. Not trying to say you're assuming or making a mistake; asking because I have been really busy yesterday and today and I could easily have missed this info. IE maybe it had been previously withheld, but since then it has been released that these things were verified to be in the house??? ...again with the Benadryl, so sorry for rambling/redundancy/confusion! :crosseyed:

While Sierra likely had one charger, she probably had a lot of makeup and more than one brush. She could have kept a small bag inside the big JC bag with her makeup, money, etc., in. If so, it could have been discarded elsewhere or even been kept as a memento by the perp.

Last night, my daughter asked me to put her wallet in her bag. I found two wallets in her desk. One was a small bifold, the other an "envelope" big enough to hold a comb, lipgloss, etc. It turned out neither were what she meant ... the one she wanted was already in her bag.

Obviously, my daughter has too many wallets! But the point is that I wouldn't notice one missing, which might hold true in Sierra's case as well. Marlene should know if Sierra had more than one inhaler, though. IMO, she'd have at least two ... but maybe one was kept at the dad's?

I'm behind on this case. Did Sierra have asthma? I keep reading about inhalers? :(

Interesting link Plumeria.

•Acquaintance kidnapping involves a comparatively high percentage of juvenile perpetrators, has the largest percentage of female and teenage victims, is more often associated with other crimes (especially sexual and physical assault), occurs at homes and residences, and has the highest percentage of injured victims.

•Stranger kidnapping victimizes more females than males, occurs primarily at outdoor locations, victimizes both teenagers and school-age children, is associated with sexual assaults in the case of girl victims and robberies in the case of boy victims (although not exclusively so), and is the type of kidnapping most likely to involve the use of a firearm.

•Only about one child out of each 10,000 missing children reported to the local police is not found alive. However, about 20 percent of the children reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in nonfamily abductions are not found alive.

•In 80 percent of abductions by strangers, the first contact between the child and the abductor occurs within a quarter mile of the child's home.

•Most potential abductors grab their victims on the street or try to lure them into their vehicles

I'm behind on this case. Did Sierra have asthma? I keep reading about inhalers? :(

Yes, that's what was initially reported. And her inhaler was allegedly in the home, which raised additional concern. As I understand it, at least ...

This article is from a few days ago but does this mean there were no fingerprints, hairs or other DNA found on the items located? Or if traces were found, they don't lead to anyone in the "system"?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/sierra-lamar-missing-california_n_1418763.html

Also

I'm not sure I agree with this at all. If she was killed she could have very well been buried or hidden. IMO

It being Huff Post, the accuracy of anything in the article is...questionable, IMO. In this case alone, they've published articles with far too many distortions or outright incorrect info for me to consider them a credible source.

All JMO.

I am surprised that volunteers are being used to ask those types of questions (about weirdo neighbors, etc...)...Gosh, I would hate to be living in one of those neighborhoods as a innocent, but odd, person...JMO

I didn't see anything stating they were asked to inquire about 'weirdo' neighbors, only someone they had not seen for awhile. It's possible they were told to ask if someone was acting strange or coming and going at odd hours, or doing something unusual for them.

Also

I don't agree with HP being a MSM source, personally...they have had so many things wrong in this case...JMO

I didn't see anything stating they were asked to inquire about 'weirdo' neighbors, only someone they had not seen for awhile. It's possible they were told to ask if someone was acting strange or coming and going at odd hours, or doing something unusual for them.

There was a quote on the previous page here, I think, that they were asking who they would suspect, if their daughter was the one missing, from the neighborhood....

It being Huff Post, the accuracy of anything in the article is...questionable, IMO. In this case alone, they've published articles with far too many distortions or outright incorrect info for me to consider them a credible source.

All JMO.

Regardless of the inaccuracy concerning the backback what the Ex-FBI thinks makes a lot of sense to me. Other Ex-FBI have voiced their opinion too on this case and CVZ also thinks she was abduted by a sexual predator who may have done this before and if not caught will do it again.

IMO

It does seem unorthodoxed that is for sure.

But sometimes that is all it takes for someone to think a certain person needs to be checked out closer.

If this guy is from the neighborhood then maybe one of the neighbors saw him coming onto Sierra when he thought no one saw him.

IMO

That's true, and that's what leads to some cases being solved. Someone's neighbor notices something odd and tells LE or, in this case, the volunteer searcher and LE follows up on it.
I'm sure they aren't asking volunteers to ferret out anyone's life history or personal information. Besides, if the neighbors have nothing to hide and are completely innocent, they shouldn't mind someone asking them if they've seen or heard anything suspicious in the neighborhood.
If I were one of the volunteers and approached someone to ask these simple questions and that person started acting defensive or refusing to talk to me, that's who I would report to LE immediately. As it's been said here a million times, if you've got nothing to hide, you hide nothing.

I am surprised that volunteers are being used to ask those types of questions (about weirdo neighbors, etc...)...Gosh, I would hate to be living in one of those neighborhoods as a innocent, but odd, person...JMO
I was also concerned about un-LE-trained volunteers doing such questioning. I wouldn't want to ask such questions, door to door, as a volunteer. What if one of the doors is answered by the perp or another unsavory person? :eek:

Maybe it was Klaakids-trained volunteers...members of their organization who have had specialized training, and may even be LE or former LE? Maybe they were going in two's or more to each door? Maybe these were volunteers who have had intensive self-defense training and/or CW-licensed?

Maybe there's a Jersey (for anyone familiar with the Lisa Irwin case) kind of person who frequents some of these neighborhoods. Not necessarily a homeless guy, but some kind of "odd jobs, handyman" type of character who is seen in the neigbhorhood a lot. That would be the kind of person only locals in the neighborhood would really have on their radar because he wouldn't necessarily be their neighbor, just someone who hangs around a lot in the neighborhood.

I peeked over there last night. She was terrified the guy was coming to get her. Then a few tweets later, she said she had gone out for a walk. :waitasec:

C'mon, guys. Let's stay on track and skip the sideshow.

BBM: Thank You Bessie !

JMO, but this Twitter bull "clutters" up the thread and makes it difficult to follow the important info !

Now, could WS approve a Social Media Thread for things like FB and Twitter like they have for the Ayla Reynolds case, which is in the basement ?

Thank You !

There was a quote on the previous page here, I think, that they were asking who they would suspect, if their daughter was the one missing, from the neighborhood....

I read that, but still... someone could be behaving in an unsual way for the past month or so, and still not be a 'weirdo.' Normal people sometimes do strange things, and LE just wants to know what the neighbors have seen, if anything, or if there is anyone that gives them a bad vibe for any reason.

I was also concerned about un-LE-trained volunteers doing such questioning. I wouldn't want to ask such questions, door to door, as a volunteer. What if one of the doors is answered by the perp or another unsavory person? :eek:

Maybe it was Klaakids-trained volunteers...members of their organization who have had specialized training, and may even be LE or former LE? Maybe they were going in two's or more to each door? Maybe these were volunteers who have had intensive self-defense training and/or CW-licensed?

Exactly. They would be going in pairs, not alone. And yes, they are probably trained. I don't know of any search organization who encourage a volunteer to search on their own, not even door-to-door. Certainly not LE. Wouldn't be sensible at all.

Regarding the Effectiveness of Additional Canvassing of Sierra's Neighborhoods:

Investigative Case Management for Missing Children Homicides
Page 27

"There is an example of the importance of the neighborhood canvass in a case in the Midwest. In that case the victim was abducted off the street in her own neighborhood. The initial canvass and a follow-up canvass were conducted and leads were exhausted. The detective returned to do an additional canvass. The detective returned again and again after all leads were exhausted. After many canvasses of the neighborhood, the detective was making another canvass and found a neighbor who had left the area immediately after the abduction and murder and who had just recently returned home. This neighbor turned out to be a witness who had information that eventually led to the identity of the killer. Had the detective not been persistent about canvassing the neighborhood, this witness would never have been identified."

I find this encouraging that the additional canvassing of the neighborhood(s) where Sierra live(ed) may hold a key clue! (Fremont and Morgan Hill)

Just my opinion:

I think that a man older and authoritative had an incident with fatal consequences alas for SL, that happened very quickly at her home.

Even though he has a very intense need to 'feel' anything and has had a very poor mother child/emotion base, I think he was pushed to the limit by this young teen, Siera, hence the outcome of staging all the phone and tote bag after the fact.

<modsnip>
========================================================

JMO

...snip...
Never seen a colony as pure bred looking as those Siamese cats...
If they catch a perp, cat hair from that colony may be DNA traceable because of that.
That was a great picture gaetanosleuth408 took and also noticing the cats where the purse was found - better than all MSM reporters! Great! ...snip...

I suspect the cats got left behind when one of the families in the area moved. Probably not intentionally left, but probably already pregnant, explaining why the kittens are pure siamese. That would also explain their comfort level around humans and fondness for meow mix. If the kittens were tiny enough to "stay put" at the time LE was there, the momma could have been with them, or have appeared to be a well-nourished, cared for cat belonging to a neighbor. I agree that gaetnosleuth408 was on the ball to have noticed that it was not just the one cat and that they lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11