CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

True. I guess I was thinking about anything that touched the floor under the carpet.
Yes, I was thinking that decomp is likely to seep through the carpet to the flooring beneath, but can't recall in cases to support it. I think, though, it would depend on the length of time bodily fluids were in contact with the carpet. Ugh.

Welcome scrap_hag!

Finally we are getting more info.

Last night I sent the link to the WS's thread to her daughter Nicole, and her sister Melissa.

The missing carpet is not a good sign. :'(

When doing research please remember that her name is spelled in different ways: Stacey, Stacy and last name Smart/Hamilton.

Recovery groups or Detox centers nearby should be look into by LE, friends or relatives. JMO

ps. I don't know SM personally, nor her relatives. Following Mod's recommendation I decided to adopt her thread because it had little activity and it tug at my heart.

Thank u for reaching out to Nicole & Melissa. We will be glad to have their help here....verified insiders really seem to increase thread traffic. So hoping for Stacey to be found soon.

we covered a stretch of roadway yesterday. Fifteen miles from dam to dam basically. We searched for the plywood and the carpet to no avail.

I would think they could unless possibly there are chemicals masking the scent. Of course to do that requires a search warrant and probable cause to obtain it. And that can take a lot of time.

Cadaver dogs can also be used on water and detect a body below the surface. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case searchers don't know.
Three dogs have been out there. One is a live and cadaver searcher and one yesterday is a bubble blower (can smell cadavers in the water). Didn't hit on the patio boat or the home. Searched around but not in the POV's and no hits. If in a cave, they can go some ten feet in and smell for a hundred feet (? maybe more).

Checking in here and feeling sick to my stomach after hearing about the carpet. So much I'd like to know about a certain someone. I've tried zooming in on the wooded area behind the marina but can't tell how navigable it would be by vehicle. You mentioned caves, are they in this area? This link mentioned Lewiston Lake's water depth between 6 and 8 feet, does that seem accurate to you? If so, my thoughts are headed more towards the woods. Is this area open to hunters?

Lewiston Lake is a narrow 9 mile body of slow moving water which stages between Trinity Lake and the head water of the Trinity River. It has an average depth of 6-8 ft. as it meanders peacefully through weed-lined channels along the banks. The lake is unusual for a reservoir because its level doesn't fluctuate and the water is very constant 50 degrees. Its purpose is to provide a constant flow of water through the Clear Creek Tunnel, which delivers water to a power house at Whiskey town Reservoir. As a result, it looks very much like a natural lake with some marshy shores.

http://www.trinityriveradventures.com/lewiston-lake.php

Three dogs have been out there. One is a live and cadaver searcher and one yesterday is a bubble blower (can smell cadavers in the water). Didn't hit on the patio boat or the home. Searched around but not in the POV's and no hits. If in a cave, they can go some ten feet in and smell for a hundred feet (? maybe more).

Bubble blower? Where did you get that from? I've never heard that term before.

we covered a stretch of roadway yesterday. Fifteen miles from dam to dam basically. We searched for the plywood and the carpet to no avail.
Plywood?

I'm in southern Marin County. We've had a lot of rain since October 16. It that true for Lewiston?

Any word yet on whether the daughter or sister have been verified yet? So many questions. Also, scraphag, what's this about plywood you all were looking for?

Any word yet on whether the daughter or sister have been verified yet? So many questions. Also, scraphag, what's this about plywood you all were looking for?

No word about the family yet. I did notify a mod to be on the lookout.

Did I read she moved a travel trailer there?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Did I read she moved a travel trailer there?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I read that about the travel trailer somewhere, but I can't remember if it was on SM or MSM. It gets blurred together sometimes. But I believe MSM said she moved there to live with her boyfriend, so it's confusing.

Checking in here and feeling sick to my stomach after hearing about the carpet. So much I'd like to know about a certain someone. I've tried zooming in on the wooded area behind the marina but can't tell how navigable it would be by vehicle. You mentioned caves, are they in this area? This link mentioned Lewiston Lake's water depth between 6 and 8 feet, does that seem accurate to you? If so, my thoughts are headed more towards the woods. Is this area open to hunters?

http://www.trinityriveradventures.com/lewiston-lake.php

This is a great description of the immediate area. There are two dams. One as at the foot of Trinity Lake (due North). The other at thebase of Lewiston Lake. 5-15 feet, but tending toward the more shallow in most places. To the South is a Fish Hatchery that lays at the base of Lewiston Dam. Peppered throughout the area are abandoned mines. Some of these have been inspected (mostly from the exterior) and vary in depth. Am trying to find out how to find a retro-active weather report for the last two weeks of October 2016 in 96052 zip code. Anyone have a good resource?

If you click on a specific day, more info is given for the Lewiston link. The one below it is for Redding and is more time specific (had to pull a larger city).

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/96052:4:US
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/redding/historic?month=10&year=2016

This is a great description of the immediate area. There are two dams. One as at the foot of Trinity Lake (due North). The other at thebase of Lewiston Lake. 5-15 feet, but tending toward the more shallow in most places. To the South is a Fish Hatchery that lays at the base of Lewiston Dam. Peppered throughout the area are abandoned mines. Some of these have been inspected (mostly from the exterior) and vary in depth. Am trying to find out how to find a retro-active weather report for the last two weeks of October 2016 in 96052 zip code. Anyone have a good resource?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back