CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! I've been so sick I haven't been able to do much of anything, but it upsets me every time I log in to see not much has happened. I can barely keep up at home right now but unless I flat out can't go because I'm in the hospital or something, I'll be there if there's a vigil for Susan. I hope the plan doesn't fade away.

Hope you feel better soon, Nikb!

:grouphug:

I have a feeling LE knows what happened to her and Family is just not saying because they just cant believe it and its so out of character for her.
Maybe Susan spread her wings and flew!

I do believe LE has video of her somewhere and she is possibly with someone.

am I the only one that finds it odd she had no cell phone?
Has no friends so to speak....

I have a feeling LE knows what happened to her and Family is just not saying because they just cant believe it and its so out of character for her.
Maybe Susan spread her wings and flew!

I do believe LE has video of her somewhere and she is possibly with someone.

am I the only one that finds it odd she had no cell phone?
Has no friends so to speak....

Usually LE would say so, if they knew she left on her own, especially considering the other two old women missing from the area. No LEA wants people trying to insinuate a connection, if they know for sure.

I just can't believe Susan left of her own accord. I'm not discounting that possibility, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

I just can't believe Susan left of her own accord. I'm not discounting that possibility, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Hi. I'm nervously posting on this thread for the first time. Everyone seems so experienced and thorough in their thought processes. What could I possibly add? However, I came across this case last night and it's been nagging at me so I need to toss this out there so I can have peace of mind:

Sara Jane Fawcett, 52, Pollock Pines (missing since Sept 23, 2011)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150296

"Her family says it’s unlike Sara to leave her home without her purse and cell phone." ... is this what's nagging at me? Something so out of the norm for her just like Susan? Besides the obvious- leaving behind loved ones with no explanation (which in my opinion, seems a bit dramatic to stage your own kidnapping if you want to escape an unhappy life but perhaps that is way more common than I could ever imagine!)

If my (limited) online research is correct, Sara is still missing, this does not seem that far away and she was also a very petite, beautiful woman - considering her job, she would have been in public often enough for someone to observe, maybe converse with or even follow home (or maybe had given her a ride home from work one time so knew where she lived????) ... I could speculate endlessly and have found so few details on this case.

Sadly, it's not difficult to imagine that someone may have watched Susan while walking her dog - or met her at the grocery store (especially if she shopped at the same store regularly), perhaps was friendly enough so she was 'familiar' with them ...

What's unnerving for me is that I can easily picture myself sitting in my car in a store parking lot (no rhyme or reason to where I park either - sometimes near, sometimes far) - maybe checking in my wallet for cash or a receipt (so a bit distracted) - and if someone approached me with a familiar face and had a compelling story, would I jump out of my car (maybe even wallet in hand without paying attention) and follow that person? Probably not now that I follow WS and am becoming aware/paranoid.

Maybe I read too many crime novels or watch too much TV but I agree with SCmom.

Never be nervous posting sunsetgirl! Everyone has something to add, whether they realize it or not :)

I also am sitting in my car often going through purse or receipts or looking for coupons...someone could pop up next to my window and I probably would never see them coming.

There was an article written about 3 missing women. Susan Jacobson, Wilma Barnhart, and Carol Ann Foster.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/07/24/three-missing-women-leave-behind-similar-mysteries/

But now, one of the three women, Wilma Barnhart's vehicle was found, with a deceased person inside. She was found in a camping area that she and her husband would frequent when he was alive. She left a journal, and LE is attempting to ID this UID.
So,in my opinion only, this is not connected to Susan Jacobson's disappearance, because of where Wilma's car was located, stuck on a log, in an area that she used to go to, etc.

Here is another link to Wilma's car being found with a deceased person inside.
Also a link to the facebook page where it states that Wilma used to go camping in
this area with her late husband.

http://knco.com/missing-womans-vehicle-located/

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonWilmaMottBarnhart

So I joined here because I am so freaked out about this woman Susan who went missing at my local grocery store and I could not find hardly any information about her. What bugs me the most is the family's not putting forth much effort to find her. I am at that shopping center all the time. There is not on single flyer posted there about her. Not on a tree, or a light post in the parking lot, not in the window of a single store. How did her family allow this to happen. If my loved one was missing that parking lot would be plastered with a flyer. I would rather ask for forgiveness then permission about posting the flyers. Why should other people care more about her then the family. There have been many suggestions posted here and yet it feels like the family is very passive. Back in May I sent the person who says he is the son here a private message offering to help and never got a response from him. I also suggested here that a candle light vigil might help get the media more involved and offered to help with that. Yet again nothing came of that either. I was out of town when the facebook post that said I be in the parking lot in the morning if anyone wants flyers.

I really have given up on ever knowing what happened to Susan and I think the family has fallen very short on pushing for her to be found. I know that sounds harsh but there are other people missing and the family has rallied the community to become active in searching for their missing loved one but for what ever the reason this family has chosen to be very passive. I remember one of the women in Ohio who was kidnapped by that monster and her family did nothing to find her. Her kidnapper used that to taunt her say her own family did not care what happened to her. I get upset every time I park my car at Raleys and see no sign of what occurred there. I posted on my facebook page about the lack of flyers not being up in the first week she went missing and that frustration has just grown over time. Susan is missing and the community was ready willing and able to help. They where looking for leadership from the family but instead there is just one dropped ball after another.

So I joined here because I am so freaked out about this woman Susan who went missing at my local grocery store and I could not find hardly any information about her. What bugs me the most is the family's not putting forth much effort to find her. I am at that shopping center all the time. There is not on single flyer posted there about her. Not on a tree, or a light post in the parking lot, not in the window of a single store. How did her family allow this to happen. If my loved one was missing that parking lot would be plastered with a flyer. I would rather ask for forgiveness then permission about posting the flyers. Why should other people care more about her then the family. There have been many suggestions posted here and yet it feels like the family is very passive. Back in May I sent the person who says he is the son here a private message offering to help and never got a response from him. I also suggested here that a candle light vigil might help get the media more involved and offered to help with that. Yet again nothing came of that either. I was out of town when the facebook post that said I be in the parking lot in the morning if anyone wants flyers.

I really have given up on ever knowing what happened to Susan and I think the family has fallen very short on pushing for her to be found. I know that sounds harsh but there are other people missing and the family has rallied the community to become active in searching for their missing loved one but for what ever the reason this family has chosen to be very passive. I remember one of the women in Ohio who was kidnapped by that monster and her family did nothing to find her. Her kidnapper used that to taunt her say her own family did not care what happened to her. I get upset every time I park my car at Raleys and see no sign of what occurred there. I posted on my facebook page about the lack of flyers not being up in the first week she went missing and that frustration has just grown over time. Susan is missing and the community was ready willing and able to help. They where looking for leadership from the family but instead there is just one dropped ball after another.

I have had to mostly move away from this missing woman's thread because of all the reasons you said. I know her son was on here, but I felt like there were many more questions than answers, and no plans to get answers from LE. I got very frustrated. They all make Susan out to be a mousy woman with no friends who is afraid of everything, who barely talked to people, hardly left home, and unless there is more than we know, that's just doesn't sound normal to me. Nobody ever said Susan had any emotional or mental issues, so why was she so reclusive??? That very thing may the key to her being missing, yet it's all tip-toed around, and secretive. After this amount of time, it's time to let it all hang out! I couldn't go about my life if my family member was missing. I would have been at that market daily handing out posters. I would list my phone number for people who had been there that day to call me. On and on. Few words from husband, and no words from sister that I've seen.:banghead:

This case Is Frustrating! That is why I haven't posted much, but I keep coming back, if not to post then to read or hit the Thanks button.
I appreciate ALL OF YOU who have kept Susan's name in the public.
I don't understand why there hasn't been a vigil, after all, I thought there was "talk" about one.
What about searches? Where are the searches?
Actions speak louder than words. But in Susan's case, the actions are rare and so are the words.
It seems that the people that do speak up are people that Don't Know Her!!
What a shame.....But Thank God For All of You!!!
You ARE Susan's Voice!!!!
So as I quietly retreat again because I DO get Frustrated, know that I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT SUSAN.
Without much to go on, and without the family speaking on Susan's behalf, or for that matter Law Enforcement, there really isn't much to say.
Why are they so silent??
I pray she is found Alive and Safe.
I do want to add, that the family thinks that foul play occurred.
Well, why aren't there searches or have Susan's name out there more if the thought
process is that foul play occurred???

I just want to add...

I, too, keep Susan on my WS "radar"... Hoping for a break of SOME kind...

questions outnumber answers... And I do not feel we are getting as much information as there could be... And I really do not know why...

I will continue to pop in... And hope against hope... That someone(s) who has information will speak out for this lovely lady...

JMO

:candle: for Susan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members