CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing to add,
IF Susan was my mom, or if this was my spouse,
I would YELL FROM ALL CORNERS OF THE EARTH TO BRING MY MOM
HOME/SPOUSE HOME!!!!!
Where is the PLEA for her return?????????????????
Nothing. NO PLEA!!!!!!!
The husband believes foul play happened, but I haven't heard a plea from him to
return his wife. He justs hopes she will "walk" right back on up here. Now that his schedule has changed because Susan is not there,
HE CAN GET OUT TO THE MEDIA, GO TO CHURCHES, ANYWHERE.
This is why this case UPSETS me so much.
This is why I don't have anymore to say, because what I want to say I cannot.
But for Pete's Sake, atleast plea to the abductor.
Or is it because they know she Is dead?????????

And ALL THE GOOD IDEAS TO HELP, LIKE IN PARTICULAR NAMUS, SHE IS STILL NOT ON NAMUS.
AND OTHER THINGS THAT I PERSONALLY HAVE TRIED TO HELP AND HAVE QUESTIONS, BUT THE QUESTIONS WERE EVADED.
WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO HELP, BUT THERE IS RESISTANCE, I WONDER WHY. WHY? WHY?!!!!!

Don't give up...We are all this woman has at the moment. Frustrating, yes.
We have to find a way to find her and convince others to find and help her. Hugs!

Don't give up...We are all this woman has at the moment. Frustrating, yes.
We have to find a way to find her and convince others to find and help her. Hugs!

But we shouldn't have to convince her family and friends. :banghead:

It may not be that easy for the family to gain media interest. As we know from other cases, sometimes they just are not interested unless there is news. But I do hope they consider contacting Marc Klaas, who can help them with media, or someone else with his experience.

But we shouldn't have to convince her family and friends. :banghead:

True. I think that speaks for itself. It's up to us to contact everyone we can or have access to. Media, LE, Sun City, Raley's, put up flyers (us locals) and share information and ask questions. Share her information on social media and keep or get this entire strange situation the attention it needs. She needs our help.

The facebook page posted an hour ago:

https://www.facebook.com/SJmissing?ref=br_tf
I will be in Roseville in the AM tomorrow (Tues) - if anyone wants any flyers to post around their neighborhood or work, etc., let me know and I will drop them off. Kjac229@gmail.com Thanks!

I saw this in the morning and was able to go get some flyers. Thank you for posting it.
Well, it is becoming entirely clear why there aren't flyers up everywhere- not a whole lot of places they're allowed. I was told "no" more times than "yes". One refusal was even from a Raley's. This has only served in making me more determined.
I'll continue to get the flyers up where I can. I had luck with gas stations, convenience stores, and Starbucks (per Kjac's suggestion).
No one that I spoke with had ever heard of Susan Jacobson. After learning of her and the case there was a great show of concern and interest. And a lot of questions. At least we know people care about this.
Something I keep wondering about: Was anything mentioned, or asked, to Woodcreek students? Seems to me there is a good chance that one of them could have helpful information. There must have been students in or near the Raley's parking lot the day Susan went missing. I hope everything in this post makes sense, because I'm not even going to read it over- I'm exhausted.

I saw this in the morning and was able to go get some flyers. Thank you for posting it.
Well, it is becoming entirely clear why there aren't flyers up everywhere- not a whole lot of places they're allowed. I was told "no" more times than "yes". One refusal was even from a Raley's. This has only served in making me more determined.
I'll continue to get the flyers up where I can. I had luck with gas stations, convenience stores, and Starbucks (per Kjac's suggestion).
No one that I spoke with had ever heard of Susan Jacobson. After learning of her and the case there was a great show of concern and interest. And a lot of questions. At least we know people care about this.
Something I keep wondering about: Was anything mentioned, or asked, to Woodcreek students? Seems to me there is a good chance that one of them could have helpful information. There must have been students in or near the Raley's parking lot the day Susan went missing. I hope everything in this post makes sense, because I'm not even going to read it over- I'm exhausted.

Somehow, I had a feeling her case was little-known, even locally. I am really at a loss as to why. If I was a local reporter, I would be intrigued, curious and nosy. I would want to stir up the whole town over it. A woman disappeared from a grocery store parking lot in daylight, for crying out loud. How is this not the biggest story in town?

Where I live, I tend to roll my eyes at the various local stories that the news gets off on, thinking there has to be more important things to report. But this should be a huge local story, IMO.

What it comes down to, in part, is that people just don't pay attention to local news much, IMO. Otherwise, there would be more pressure on the local media for regular follow-up on her case. I remember when Kaine Horman was doing events at local malls in his area, as big as Kyron's case was, he said most people just assumed he had been found long ago.

Somehow, I had a feeling her case was little-known, even locally. I am really at a loss as to why. If I was a local reporter, I would be intrigued, curious and nosy. I would want to stir up the whole town over it. A woman disappeared from a grocery store parking lot in daylight, for crying out loud. How is this not the biggest story in town?

Where I live, I tend to roll my eyes at the various local stories that the news gets off on, thinking there has to be more important things to report. But this should be a huge local story, IMO.

What it comes down to, in part, is that people just don't pay attention to local news much, IMO. Otherwise, there would be more pressure on the local media for regular follow-up on her case. I remember when Kaine Horman was doing events at local malls in his area, as big as Kyron's case was, he said most people just assumed he had been found long ago.

I know! I mean it's not a tiny town, but it's also not LA or New York or something. I can't believe how often I talk to people who live or work right near there and they have no idea.

I'm hesitant to post too much personal info, but I'll just note that several years ago we had some packages stolen from our porch. I couldn't get the shipper to cover it and was just going to drop the whole thing, but had a few people urge me to contact media so I did figuring "why not?" (and also figuring they wouldn't care, so I could tell my family I called and that'd be it)

Within an hour there was a fairly well known local reporter, news cameras, and a news truck at my house. They did a clip on the evening news, and the next day the county sheriff called me (Sacramento county, not Placer), gave me his direct # in case "anything like this" ever happens again, and the local postal inspector got in touch with me to see if anything was shipped via USPS so they could prosecute the lady for mail theft. For weeks people I'd never met were knocking on my door telling me they think they saw the lady and they wanted me to come help identify her and "chase her down." Even as recently as a few months ago I had someone ask me if they ever caught the lady that stole our stuff (they did, she was wanted for a number of other things already). It's honestly kind of embarrassing when I know much more terrible things are or could be happening and people cared this much about stuff being stolen from my porch. Is it only because we had surveillance camera footage? WHY isn't Susan all over the local news?? Why do people barely know anything about her? Has it been too long and everyone gave up? (not that I remember a big media presence in May either)

It breaks my heart and I just don't get it. I think people DO care when they know, but it takes some kind of trigger for them to know about it to begin with.

Thank you so much for doing this! Great ideas.

Mind sharing where you got the flyers? I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow and be able to help get her name and face out there too.

I mentioned it in my last kind of rambling post but I wanted to mention it here too, I think people DO care, they just mostly don't know! Everyone I've mentioned Susan to cared a lot, but almost none of them have known about her being missing (or if they knew, they thought she was found already).

I'm assuming school's not back in session yet, but it should be soon and should've been in session when Susan disappeared. I agree with you and think it'd be a great place to ask for info.

One more thing to add,
IF Susan was my mom, or if this was my spouse,
I would YELL FROM ALL CORNERS OF THE EARTH TO BRING MY MOM
HOME/SPOUSE HOME!!!!!
Where is the PLEA for her return?????????????????
Nothing. NO PLEA!!!!!!!
The husband believes foul play happened, but I haven't heard a plea from him to
return his wife. He justs hopes she will "walk" right back on up here. Now that his schedule has changed because Susan is not there,
HE CAN GET OUT TO THE MEDIA, GO TO CHURCHES, ANYWHERE.
This is why this case UPSETS me so much.
This is why I don't have anymore to say, because what I want to say I cannot.
But for Pete's Sake, atleast plea to the abductor.
Or is it because they know she Is dead?????????

And ALL THE GOOD IDEAS TO HELP, LIKE IN PARTICULAR NAMUS, SHE IS STILL NOT ON NAMUS.
AND OTHER THINGS THAT I PERSONALLY HAVE TRIED TO HELP AND HAVE QUESTIONS, BUT THE QUESTIONS WERE EVADED.
WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO HELP, BUT THERE IS RESISTANCE, I WONDER WHY. WHY? WHY?!!!!!

Very well said, Treelights. I feel your heartache from here. And if Treelights is getting angry, we know there is a MAJOR problem!!!

Mind sharing where you got the flyers? I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow and be able to help get her name and face out there too.

I mentioned it in my last kind of rambling post but I wanted to mention it here too, I think people DO care, they just mostly don't know! Everyone I've mentioned Susan to cared a lot, but almost none of them have known about her being missing (or if they knew, they thought she was found already).

I'm assuming school's not back in session yet, but it should be soon and should've been in session when Susan disappeared. I agree with you and think it'd be a great place to ask for info.

THANK YOU SB3!!!

nikb, on Susan's FB page it said to e-mail kjac for posters: Kjac229@gmail.com

If you have a printer you might be able to download them from there:
https://www.facebook.com/SJmissing?ref=br_tf

Kjac was in the area and was kind enough to meet up with me and give me flyers. I'd keep checking the Facebook page for the next time he is here distributing them. Or, I'd be happy to share some of the ones I have if you want. Let me know.
I am pleased to say that my experience today with the flyers was way more positive and productive. Some people knew of Susan's case, they just weren't aware it was still unresolved. And, again, everyone showed concern and wanted to know more about it. I am getting the feel for which places are more likely to post the flyer, which is helpful. I want to say "screw the law" and affix flyers all over. But if they enforced the ordinance I wouldn't want them to get taken down or for anyone to be fined.

There is a teacher I know at Woodcreek that would probably be able to tell me if Susan's disappearance has been talked about there. I might send her a message.

Kjac was in the area and was kind enough to meet up with me and give me flyers. I'd keep checking the Facebook page for the next time he is here distributing them. Or, I'd be happy to share some of the ones I have if you want. Let me know.
I am pleased to say that my experience today with the flyers was way more positive and productive. Some people knew of Susan's case, they just weren't aware it was still unresolved. And, again, everyone showed concern and wanted to know more about it. I am getting the feel for which places are more likely to post the flyer, which is helpful. I want to say "screw the law" and affix flyers all over. But if they enforced the ordinance I wouldn't want them to get taken down or for anyone to be fined.

I noticed on Facebook that there is a weekly farmer's market/swap meet in the area. Not sure how big it is, but maybe some of the local people passing out fliers could try to get the word out there. I wish I lived closer so I could help.

https://www.facebook.com/Denios/info
1551 Vineyard Road
Roseville, California 95678

If someone local has the time, you could develop a rapport with the reporter and keep them interested in this case. That has worked well for me in past cases.

The other two women's cars are missing as well. Usually, cars turn up. Wonder if there are nationwide APB's out on them.

Well that is just very disturbing...three in somewhat close proximity. LE says there isn't evidence connecting them....which is interesting because there isn't much evidence at all....so how would they know.

I read it that there wasn't enough evidence to make a connection. Little bit of difference there. Still, they can't say if the cases are connected or not, until they know who was responsible for disappearing these women.

Note that two of the women are in their 70's. Susan is the only one not yet 60. I guess older women DO get kidnapped/assaulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda