CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because maybe someone was wondering where she was

Very sad! I feel something horrible happened to her.

I agree with you... but that leads me to wonder, who's the "someone"? Why haven't we heard anything from this person?

Well her son would wonder where his mom was and her sister, if something happened in the home.

This case is bizarre, we have almost nothing to go on and we have some great questions, but no answers.

How long HAS Susan been missing??? When was the last time someone besides her husband saw her??? How did the car get there and who put it there. How long was the car there???

The car appears like a staging, trying to establish a series of events that maybe NEVER happened.

We have all those missing and unidentified here at WS. I often wonder how they can disappear and no one finds them. Then you see a case like Susan's where she's missing, and maybe got found but is now unidentified and it looks like no one is looking for her.

It makes me sad that anyone can go missing and not be missed by their loved ones.

This case is bizarre, we have almost nothing to go on and we have some great questions, but no answers.

How long HAS Susan been missing??? When was the last time someone besides her husband saw her??? How did the car get there and who put it there. How long was the car there???

The car appears like a staging, trying to establish a series of events that maybe NEVER happened.

We have all those missing and unidentified here at WS. I often wonder how they can disappear and no one finds them. Then you see a case like Susan's where she's missing, and maybe got found but is now unidentified and it looks like no one is looking for her.

It makes me sad that anyone can go missing and not be missed by their loved ones.

No kidding! I get so upset thinking that maybe she's not even missing anymore, or maybe no one cares if she is. And you're right, how long was her car there, if it was there at all? Grrr... incredibly frustrating.

I am not inclined to jump too much on the family, as the situation is too similar to my own. I live with my husband but no other relatives live in the same state, except his one sister, who is also kind of semi-reclusive, as am I. I have a few friends but seldom actually see them, due to my health issues, mostly stay in touch online. My husband would not know what to do, beyond trying to keep in touch with police, and if one of my sisters flew in, they would not be able to stay long, due to their jobs, etc.

Maybe her husband has stayed in touch with LE and has tried to gain media attention. We can't know for sure. But I do think her son could take advantage of some of the many suggestions and ideas put forth here.

JMO
I respectfully disagree, Clu!

If you stopped posting/went missing...

You can bet your WS family would be going full force, leaving no stone unturned, to find you!

:hug:

I respectfully disagree, Clu!

If you stopped posting/went missing...

You can bet your WS family would be going full force, leaving no stone unturned, to find you!

:hug:

I agree. There's no excuse, no matter how reclusive you are, to let your family member just be missing. If that's not the time to step up to the plate, then your loved one is just gone. Makes no sense!

No kidding! I get so upset thinking that maybe she's not even missing anymore, or maybe no one cares if she is. And you're right, how long was her car there, if it was there at all? Grrr... incredibly frustrating.

Her car was found in the parking lot by the police, so yes, it was there. Her husband did not find it there as he did not look there, but the police found it.
The police could have found it by chance, or they could have found it if they questioned the husband about what her plans were that day. Why he did not search there being SO CLOSE to his home( knowing she would have been there at some point), I still will not understand, but that is just me and my thought process about looking for and finding a person, place or thing.
IMOO.

I agree. There's no excuse, no matter how reclusive you are, to let your family member just be missing. If that's not the time to step up to the plate, then your loved one is just gone. Makes no sense!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! This IS the time to have a voice for not only yourself, your family, but for SUSAN herself!!! Keeping quiet keeps Susan out of the news,
and it looks very odd to me,almost guilt like if you will.......
Like if Susan is not talked about eventually everyone will forget about her and we can go on with our day.....And that vigil. I thought that was supposed to happen a month ago. What happened to that thought? Was it Only an After Thought because someone on Websleuths brought up a vigil, like a candlelight vigil? It hasn't happened.
Is Susan an After Thought?
Is Susan thought about much at all........just in the mind, but not voiced outloud
to the public who could HELP TO FIND SUSAN.
It really seems like they just want Susan to go away and the public to go away.......
Thank God I have people in MY LIFE that give 2 sheets about me!!!!!!!!
IMOO.

This whole thing is awkward and has been from day one. All that's been said of Susan is how much a hermit she was, shy, backwards it seems, and it makes me wonder if the whole lot of them are that way. Seems she had no friends, never left home except to grocery shop or walk the dog. Maybe the family is not aggressive and neither is LE. Maybe the cops get little from them, nor is LE pestered/pressured by family either. I think this was not taken seriously by LE to begin with, for various reasons. Whatever happened, it needs to be resolved.

Susan did work though.She had retired. I wonder if she was on any medication, if she had social anxiety ? It must have been difficult for her to go to work every day.Bet she was happy to retire. Is it possible that one or more family member has heard from her ?

Susan did work though.She had retired. I wonder if she was on any medication, if she had social anxiety ? It must have been difficult for her to go to work every day.Bet she was happy to retire. Is it possible that one or more family member has heard from her ?

Susan is still listed as Missing on the State of California Department of
Justice Office of the Attorney General website......

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4041312200043

Susan is still listed as Missing on the NamUs website, as a Kind Websleuther was able to utilize NamUs and added her to the Missing Persons page.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21150/0/

So, I would think that if Susan contacted her family, they would contact the police........ IMOO.

Does anyone find it odd Susan's car was found right where hubby said she went yet hubby never went there looking for her?

Since we were talking about getting the word out through Missing posters, I thought this video was interesting and wanted to share.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/15/missing-children-posters

Right I posted this on the Jessica Heeringa thread, and my question I posed, is the fact that Jessica's poster was plastered Everywhere, but in Jessica's case, she does have Other media exposure, like continuously being on various news stations and news articles since she has been missing since April 26th. With Jessica, she hasn't been in the news as much lately, and her missing facebook page was dying down a bit, but they still post on it.
In Susan's case, Kjac stopped posting on her Susan's Missing facebook page, and has stopped posting here. There have been very few flyers of Susan going around as what I had heard, so the news media has not saturated Susan in the news, so whether she has a missing flyer or not, the other avenues of getting Susan's name out there are rarely being used. Like the article said, People have to FOCUS and have more than just flyers.
With going to the Roseville Police Department and getting the proper paperwork, if paperwork is needed for a BENEVOLENT CARING CAUSE, then the FAMILY AND ANYBODY can go Door-to-Door and pass out flyers about Susan. Speaking to people individually will help them FOCUS. Leaving flyers on people's doors can be a help, if proper attention is made for Susan.

But with lack of flyers for Susan and lack of media attention, and lack of facebook posting and lack of contributing to organizations that can HELP FIND SUSAN, then it is hard pressed to get the wheels turning to find her.
THE SQUEAKY WHEEL DOES GET THE GREASE. Raising awareness for Susan is KEY.
Websleuths can offer only so much.
The family must also do the leg work.

IMOO.

Right I posted this on the Jessica Heeringa thread, and my question I posed, is the fact that Jessica's poster was plastered Everywhere, but in Jessica's case, she does have Other media exposure, like continuously being on various news stations and news articles since she has been missing since April 26th. With Jessica, she hasn't been in the news as much lately, and her missing facebook page was dying down a bit, but they still post on it.
In Susan's case, Kjac stopped posting on her Susan's Missing facebook page, and has stopped posting here. There have been very few flyers of Susan going around as what I had heard, so the news media has not saturated Susan in the news, so whether she has a missing flyer or not, the other avenues of getting Susan's name out there are rarely being used. Like the article said, People have to FOCUS and have more than just flyers.
With going to the Roseville Police Department and getting the proper paperwork, if paperwork is needed for a BENEVOLENT CARING CAUSE, then the FAMILY AND ANYBODY can go Door-to-Door and pass out flyers about Susan. Speaking to people individually will help them FOCUS. Leaving flyers on people's doors can be a help, if proper attention is made for Susan.

But with lack of flyers for Susan and lack of media attention, and lack of facebook posting and lack of contributing to organizations that can HELP FIND SUSAN, then it is hard pressed to get the wheels turning to find her.
THE SQUEAKY WHEEL DOES GET THE GREASE. Raising awareness for Susan is KEY.
Websleuths can offer only so much.
The family must also do the leg work.

IMOO.

I think what stood out to me most in this article was that Ed Smart walked out to the end of his driveway every day and made himself accessible to the press and in that way, it kept Elizabeth's disappearance in the media.

And reposting the flyers on FB over and over again because it reaches more people who may not be online at a specific time when you first post it.

Also, door to door, personal delivery of the posters and flyers make more of an impact, with drawing people's focus to the missing person and it personalizes it to the people getting the flyers.

Does anyone find it odd Susan's car was found right where hubby said she went yet hubby never went there looking for her?

I have always felt it was odd. When I brought it up in the first thread for Susan, I got flack from several posters, because they didn't feel it was odd at all Not to look for her there when they felt that hours had transpired, but in my thinking, like I brought up when an item is missing....well where do you look for it? In the last place you had it... :) So, retracing steps is key.
For him Not to look for her in the place he knew she would be seems very strange to me, Regardless if hours would transpire......... That's how things are found. He could have found Susan's car instead of the police finding it.
But I guess the police Had to find it.......
IMOO.

Of course, when a child is missing, the media usually comes to you, at least for a while. But an adult is a very different story. Unless LE is talking and indicating that they have evidence of a crime, for example, everything is up to the families. I don't know...maybe they feel she had every right to up and leave if she wanted to. But it is hard to imagine that is what happened. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member