GUILTY CA - Teacher Mark Berndt charged with molesting 23 children

There needs to be a camera in every classroom. Period. They have them in the hallways and on the parkling lots and playgrounds - well then, PUT THEM IN THE CLASSROOM.

The teacher's unions are fighting this and for the life of me, I don't know why. I would have NO PROBLEM with a camera in my room. None.

If you do nothing wrong - then what's there to worry about? If you do your job and teach - then - no problem.

Day cares now have cameras.

While I realize the bathrooms would still be "hot spots" - its easier to manage a few hot spots when you have all the classrooms being watched. And also, you can put a camera on the door of the bathroom to see who goes in and out and when.

I had something similar happen to me at an LA County elementary school. Some random old geezer told the office secretary that he was a doctor sent to the school to examine a couple of girls for a study. No one thought to vet this guy out or question his story. Funny thing though, the secretary gave me the impression she knew or was in on it. She literally threw us in an office with the creep and flew out of that room shutting that door behind her.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/07/justice/california-school-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(snip)
That teacher has not been identified, but Claypool says she is guilty of "patent aiding and abetting Mr. Berdnt and possibly Springer, too."

"There was a common door between his classroom and her classroom," Claypool told KTLA.

"The way Berndt pulled this off is he'd come into her class in the middle of the day, he'd go up to her and whisper in her ear," Claypool said.

"Then she would go pull out two little girls, and she'd walk the little girls right through the common door into Mr. Berndt's dungeon."

There needs to be a camera in every classroom. Period. They have them in the hallways and on the parkling lots and playgrounds - well then, PUT THEM IN THE CLASSROOM.

The teacher's unions are fighting this and for the life of me, I don't know why. I would have NO PROBLEM with a camera in my room. None.

If you do nothing wrong - then what's there to worry about? If you do your job and teach - then - no problem.

Day cares now have cameras.

While I realize the bathrooms would still be "hot spots" - its easier to manage a few hot spots when you have all the classrooms being watched. And also, you can put a camera on the door of the bathroom to see who goes in and out and when.

Classrooms definitely need cameras. Banks have cameras on their employees every minute of the day. Some employees would freak out when they found out. Never bothered me. I wasn't doing anything wrong...just working.

ThoughtFox--I was agreeing with you, lol. Completely. I just added the information about our son (whose story has been told here on WS many times) to reinforce the fact that predators can strike anywhere. I think we all agree with that.

Predators either seek out vulnerable targets, manipulate situations that are poorly supervised OR bank on parents' and children's guards being down in "safe environments". A successful pedophile has a victim that won't tell, for one reason or another. They are a crafty lot. They excel at what they do.

A successful pedophile has a victim that won't tell, for one reason or another.

Usually due to being threatened in some way. Threat to their life, their family's life, their pets lives, etc.

is this the same school where the entire staff has been suspended?

there's another thread on this ...

Sick monsters.

Attorney believes a female teacher procured girls for Berndt is still not named.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ld-molesting-teacher-lawyer-article-1.1018694

Feeding kids roaches and semen and binding them. Those guys are lucky those parents didn't get them.

This is just unbelievable. I did not think this could be true (when there were rumors last week). These kids never had a chance. I just couldn't fathom other teachers (ESPECIALLY female teachers) would go along with this evil.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-sex-abuse-Miramonte-Elementary-School.html

Will the sick revelations about Miramonte ever end??? What a "learning" environment for children.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/0...ve-letters-to-boy-at-los-angeles-area-school/

Teacher's aide reportedly sent love letters to boy at Los Angeles-area school
February 8, 2012

"Authorities are investigating allegations that a teacher's aide sent love letters to an 11-year-old boy attending the Los Angeles-area school where two teachers have been charged with molesting students. The Los Angeles Times says the mother of a fourth-grader came to officials at Miramonte Elementary School in 2009 to report that the 50-year-old woman had written several letters, including one that said the boy gave her chills. The mother told the Times that she met with school officials and the teacher's aide acknowledged writing the letters...."

more at link

The LA Times article, with mugshot:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...monte-teacher-of-abuse-recants-her-story.html

Why would a child falsely accuse? Why would she recant? I seriously hope authorities get to the absolute truth of the matter here.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...monte-teacher-of-abuse-recants-her-story.html

Girl who accused Miramonte teacher of abuse recants her story
February 8, 2012

"One of two girls who accused a Miramonte Elementary School teacher of fondling her has recanted her story, according to law enforcement sources. Martin Bernard Springer, 49, was charged Tuesday with three counts of committing lewd acts. He was arrested Friday after two students at the school accused him of fondling them.

But the charges filed Tuesday only involve one girl. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing, said one of two two alleged victims had changed her story in the last few days...."

More at link

Since the school has removed every single employee, I have a sense this is just the beginning.

When this first broke, I recall reading something (it was linked here) about the police saying they don't think any of the kids thought they were being abused, so that angle is not an issue. Does anyone remember this? I'm sure when the kids found out what was really going on, it had to affect them?

Wow! They got them from that same CVS. It was on their whatever that backup thing is.

Seriousy how much guts or sinister evil does it take to go right in a CVS all this time having these photos printed?

I don't have the link at hand but one poor dad of the child assaulted by both these men...that dad the child came home with herself eating a cookie. She was seen smiling looking upward as a child's hand fed her the cookie. He sent these kids home with this stuff? What twisted game is this guy into?

He looks like BTK a bit, right?

Hindsight and all, but he looks nuts. Ever see people ya think look like they are wearing a masK? He does.

O.K. who can tell us what is wrong with this guy?

Someone tell me.

BrownRice--I remember a comment on one of the links about how the children didn't know they were abused and how that might be a problem.

However, I'm not sure this theory holds water. Consider an infant displayed in a sexual manner. They don't know either and it's still a crime.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think it's a Louisiana teacher.

LA = Louisiana
L.A. = The city in Cali

JMO

Has anyone found a bio on Berndt? I'm surprised that an investigative reporter hasn't researched his personal life. The only thing I found was a listing for a Torrance address which was shared with another man. Was Berndt married, did he have a partner, any children? Volunteer work or church work with little ones?

Or did he simply rely on a fresh batch of primary grade school kids being shuttled into his classroom each September? Like little lambs to slaughter.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back