CA - Wind-Driven Thomas Fire Explodes to 31,000 Acres; 150 Structures Destroyed, 2017

Charming, katy, IQ, etc, (still behind but sounds like stuff is going down fast, as it usually does) is there something in particular I/we can do to help you guys right now, technically, I/we can will link all resources I can find re: the current situation, maps. Shelters, etc...I'm half asleep trying to wake up here...

Charming, katy, IQ, etc, (still behind but sounds like stuff is going down fast, as it usually does) is there something in particular I/we can do to help you guys right now, technically, I/we can will link all resources I can find re: the current situation, maps. Shelters, etc...I'm half asleep trying to wake up here...

(Good to see comrades from the NorCal fires thread, Lilibet, Melmoth...)

(Magz, and good to see you from the NOCO thread...)

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-ai...ires-Burn-in-SoCal_Los-Angeles-462435013.html

http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/1922

THOMAS FIRE

Thomas Fire Incident Information:Last Updated: December 06, 2017 9:06 pmDate/Time Started: December 04, 2017 6:28 pmAdministrative Unit:Unified Command: CAL FIRE, Ventura County Fire, City of Ventura, Los Padres National Forest, Ventura County Sheriff,County:Ventura CountyLocation:Hwy 150 and Hwy 126, north of Santa PaulaAcres Burned - Containment:90,000 acres - 5% containedStructures Threatened:12,000 structures threatenedStructures Destroyed:150 structuresEvacuations:Evacuation Map

12/6/17 PM - See the latest*Evacuation News Release*for more information.

MANDATORY EVACUATIONS:*
• City of Santa Paula - Boundary of Say Road north to Thomas Aquinas, Dickenson Ranch Road east to Santa Paula Creek*
• City of Santa Paula - Boundary of Monte Vista Street north to city limits, Foothill Road from Steckel to Peck Road to north of city limits*
• Santa Paula unincorporated area towards Ventura- North of Foothill Road from Peck Road to Wells Road including: Wheeler Canyon, Aliso Canyon and Rancho Vista*
• City of Ventura - Teloma east to Brent Street, Telegraph Road north to north of Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - Victoria Road east to Hill Road, Telegraph Road north to Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - North Ashwood Avenue east to Hill Road, Telegraph Road north to Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - North of Foothill Road from Wells Road to Poli Street*
• City of Ventura - North of Main Street from Seward Avenue to Hwy 33 (includes entire Ventura Avenue area)*
• Oak View - Boundary of Hwy 33, Creek Road and Hermosa Road*
• Entire Community of Casitas Springs - Evacuate to Ventura County Fairgrounds - 10 West Harbor Blvd., Ventura*
• East Ojai Valley - Carne Road east to McAndrew Road, Reeves Road north to Thacher Road*
• Upper Ojai Valley - Hwy 150 from Dennison Grade east to Osborne Road and all residences north*
• Ventura County North Coast Area - Boundary of Hwy 33 on the north to Casitas Vista Road, northwest to Hwy 150, Hwy 150 (Casitas Pass Road) west to US 101 and south on US 101 (including Pacific Coast Highway) to Emma Wood State Beach

VOLUNTARY EVACUATIONS:*
• Residents in the City of Ventura, south of Loma Vista, east of Day Road, West of Victoria Avenue and north of Telegraph Road
• Residents in the City of Ventura, east of Victoria north of Loma Vista South of Foothill west of Wells Road*
• All residents of the Ojai Valley not currently covered under the current mandatory evacuation*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of 2nd Street north to 4th Street & Island View Street east to Pole Creek*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of 4th Street on the south to Pole Canyon Road, Pole Canyon Road northeast to Goodenough Road, Goodenough Road south to 5th Street and 5th Street southeast to 4th Street*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of Hwy 23 & the Santa Clara River south to Guiberson Road, Guiberson Road east to Torrey Road and Torrey Road north to the Santa Clara River

EVACUATION SHELTERS:*City of Ventura - Ventura County Fairgrounds at Miners Building (Red Cross - Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001*
City of Ojai - Nordhoff High School (Red Cross) -1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai, CA 93023*
City of Oxnard - Oxnard College Gymnasium (Red Cross)- Open 12/5/17, 0700*
City of Santa Paula - Santa Paula Community Center (City of SP run shelter) - Open 0800*
City of Fillmore - Veteran's Memorial Bldg (City of Fillmore run shelter), 511 2nd Street - Will be open 12/6/17, 0800 hrs*
UC Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center, 552 University Road, Santa Barbara, CA

Road Closures:ROAD CLOSURES:*Road closures continue to impact Highway 150 and Highway 33, as well as many other city and county roads.

Per California Highway Patrol:*
Hard Closure- SR-150 at Reeves Road (east end Ojai Valley)*
Hard Closure - SR-150 at Stonegate (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - SR 150 at Telegraph Road (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - SR 150 at Richmond Road (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - Foothill Road at Olive/Cummings/Wells/Briggs (Santa Paula/Ventura area)*
BREAKING UPDATES:*
Ojai Area - Traffic is currently open for Hwy 150 (Casitas Pass Road) to US 101 (Carpenteria)*
Casitas Springs area - Creek Road north of Hwy 33 closed.

Cooperating Agencies:CAL FIRE, Ventura County Fire, Ventura County Sheriff, City of Ventura Fire Department, City of Ventura Police Department, USFS/Los Padres National Forest, CAL OES, Red Cross, PG&E, CHP, Ventura County Public Works, CALTRANS, California Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation.Total Fire Personnel:1776Total Fire Engines:362Total Fire Crews:32Total Helicopters:12Total Dozers:19Total Water Tenders:4Incident Management Team:CAL FIRE IMT-4Long/Lat:-119.09124/34.41521Conditions:The fire continues to burn actively with extreme rates of spread and long range spotting when pushed by winds. The fire is established on the north and east side of Hwy 150 and is also burning on the west side of Hwy 30. The fire has pushed northwest of Ventura and has reached the Hwy 101. Firefighters continue to work aggressively to protect life and property while working on control efforts around the fire perimeter.

SCHOOL CLOSURES:*Fillmore Unified School District, Hueneme Elementary School District, Mesa Union Elementary School District, Moorpark Unified School District, Mupu Elementary School District, Ocean View School District, Ojai Unified School District, Oxnard Elementary School District, Oxnard Union High School District, Pleasant Valley School District, Rio Elementary School District, Saint Anthony's School, Santa Clara Elementary School District (Santa Paula), Santa Paula Unified School District, Simi Valley Unified School District, University Preparation Charter School, VCOE Career Education Center Sites, VCOE-Operated School Sites and Classrooms, Ventura Unified School District, Moorpark College, Oxnard College, Ventura College, Thomas Aquinas College

12/6/17 PM - See the latest*Incident Update*for more information on this fire.

Phone Numbers(805) 465-6650 (Thomas Fire Information Line ) *

California Statewide Maps

View*California Fire Map*in a larger map*

Current Statewide Fire Information

INCIDENT INFORMATION MORE INFOIncident MapsPhotosNews ReleasesWeather InformationTelephone NumbersSpecial NoticesRelated Links

"More than 100,000 residents in the San Fernando Valley remained under evacuation Wednesday as a brush fire that started in the foothills above Sylmar continued to grow.

By late Wednesday, the fire had scorched 12,605 acres and destroyed at least 30 homes. Firefighters were bracing for heavy winds, with forecasters predicting gusts in some areas of up to 80 mph.

“It’s critically important for people that live in wildland areas that you sleep with one eye open tonight,” Los Angeles County Fire Chief Daryl Osby said.

“We’re expecting some extreme wind” Wednesday night, Osby said. “We’re expecting wind gusts in some areas up to 80 miles per hour.”"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fires-la-county-20171206-story.html

"The Creek fire started about 4 a.m. Tuesday and quickly raced out of control as powerful Santa Ana winds pushed it toward houses below.

Martine Colette, founder of the Wildlife Waystation animal sanctuary, woke up at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday to the fire blazing nearby. She and her staff immediately began preparing for an evacuation, working to ensure their animals — which include lions and tigers — didn’t burn in their enclosures.

They separated the different types of caging — the ones suitable for hyenas, others for Siberian tigers, another for a chimpanzee. They had to figure out what to do about the buffalo roaming loose in the fire zone, as well as what they’d do with the small-lunged animals who wouldn’t be able to survive the smoke.

“The smoke was very thick,” Colette said. “It was very, very scary.”

The power went out, so staff worked by flashlight.

“You’re now working in the dark, and you’re working with very dangerous animals,” she said. “You’re working with lions and tigers and leopards and hyenas and mountain lions, things like that.”"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fires-la-county-20171206-story.html

It might get worse before it gets better I'm afraid. Only 5 percent containment at this time plus winds, etc.

(Feel free to holler to me via pm old WS friends/peeps brothas and sistas anyone if you need help w anything specific, map, link, etc. I learned A lot in NorCal (double dejavu cough),:

Off to bed with gratitude. As we should have always.

Will check in first thing tomorrow with fresh eyes. Holler please if there's anything I/we can do to help! :heartbeat:

See above links for emergency info, etc.
Post 84.

THOMAS FIRE

Thomas Fire Incident Information:Last Updated: December 06, 2017 9:06 pmDate/Time Started: December 04, 2017 6:28 pmAdministrative Unit:Unified Command: CAL FIRE, Ventura County Fire, City of Ventura, Los Padres National Forest, Ventura County Sheriff,County:Ventura CountyLocation:Hwy 150 and Hwy 126, north of Santa PaulaAcres Burned - Containment:90,000 acres - 5% containedStructures Threatened:12,000 structures threatenedStructures Destroyed:150 structuresEvacuations:Evacuation Map

12/6/17 PM - See the latest*Evacuation News Release*for more information.

MANDATORY EVACUATIONS:*
• City of Santa Paula - Boundary of Say Road north to Thomas Aquinas, Dickenson Ranch Road east to Santa Paula Creek*
• City of Santa Paula - Boundary of Monte Vista Street north to city limits, Foothill Road from Steckel to Peck Road to north of city limits*
• Santa Paula unincorporated area towards Ventura- North of Foothill Road from Peck Road to Wells Road including: Wheeler Canyon, Aliso Canyon and Rancho Vista*
• City of Ventura - Teloma east to Brent Street, Telegraph Road north to north of Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - Victoria Road east to Hill Road, Telegraph Road north to Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - North Ashwood Avenue east to Hill Road, Telegraph Road north to Foothill Road*
• City of Ventura - North of Foothill Road from Wells Road to Poli Street*
• City of Ventura - North of Main Street from Seward Avenue to Hwy 33 (includes entire Ventura Avenue area)*
• Oak View - Boundary of Hwy 33, Creek Road and Hermosa Road*
• Entire Community of Casitas Springs - Evacuate to Ventura County Fairgrounds - 10 West Harbor Blvd., Ventura*
• East Ojai Valley - Carne Road east to McAndrew Road, Reeves Road north to Thacher Road*
• Upper Ojai Valley - Hwy 150 from Dennison Grade east to Osborne Road and all residences north*
• Ventura County North Coast Area - Boundary of Hwy 33 on the north to Casitas Vista Road, northwest to Hwy 150, Hwy 150 (Casitas Pass Road) west to US 101 and south on US 101 (including Pacific Coast Highway) to Emma Wood State Beach

VOLUNTARY EVACUATIONS:*
• Residents in the City of Ventura, south of Loma Vista, east of Day Road, West of Victoria Avenue and north of Telegraph Road
• Residents in the City of Ventura, east of Victoria north of Loma Vista South of Foothill west of Wells Road*
• All residents of the Ojai Valley not currently covered under the current mandatory evacuation*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of 2nd Street north to 4th Street & Island View Street east to Pole Creek*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of 4th Street on the south to Pole Canyon Road, Pole Canyon Road northeast to Goodenough Road, Goodenough Road south to 5th Street and 5th Street southeast to 4th Street*
• City of Fillmore - Boundary of Hwy 23 & the Santa Clara River south to Guiberson Road, Guiberson Road east to Torrey Road and Torrey Road north to the Santa Clara River

EVACUATION SHELTERS:*City of Ventura - Ventura County Fairgrounds at Miners Building (Red Cross - Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001*
City of Ojai - Nordhoff High School (Red Cross) -1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai, CA 93023*
City of Oxnard - Oxnard College Gymnasium (Red Cross)- Open 12/5/17, 0700*
City of Santa Paula - Santa Paula Community Center (City of SP run shelter) - Open 0800*
City of Fillmore - Veteran's Memorial Bldg (City of Fillmore run shelter), 511 2nd Street - Will be open 12/6/17, 0800 hrs*
UC Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center, 552 University Road, Santa Barbara, CA

Road Closures:ROAD CLOSURES:*Road closures continue to impact Highway 150 and Highway 33, as well as many other city and county roads.

Per California Highway Patrol:*
Hard Closure- SR-150 at Reeves Road (east end Ojai Valley)*
Hard Closure - SR-150 at Stonegate (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - SR 150 at Telegraph Road (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - SR 150 at Richmond Road (Santa Paula)*
Hard Closure - Foothill Road at Olive/Cummings/Wells/Briggs (Santa Paula/Ventura area)*
BREAKING UPDATES:*
Ojai Area - Traffic is currently open for Hwy 150 (Casitas Pass Road) to US 101 (Carpenteria)*
Casitas Springs area - Creek Road north of Hwy 33 closed.

Cooperating Agencies:CAL FIRE, Ventura County Fire, Ventura County Sheriff, City of Ventura Fire Department, City of Ventura Police Department, USFS/Los Padres National Forest, CAL OES, Red Cross, PG&E, CHP, Ventura County Public Works, CALTRANS, California Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation.Total Fire Personnel:1776Total Fire Engines:362Total Fire Crews:32Total Helicopters:12Total Dozers:19Total Water Tenders:4Incident Management Team:CAL FIRE IMT-4Long/Lat:-119.09124/34.41521Conditions:The fire continues to burn actively with extreme rates of spread and long range spotting when pushed by winds. The fire is established on the north and east side of Hwy 150 and is also burning on the west side of Hwy 30. The fire has pushed northwest of Ventura and has reached the Hwy 101. Firefighters continue to work aggressively to protect life and property while working on control efforts around the fire perimeter.

SCHOOL CLOSURES:*Fillmore Unified School District, Hueneme Elementary School District, Mesa Union Elementary School District, Moorpark Unified School District, Mupu Elementary School District, Ocean View School District, Ojai Unified School District, Oxnard Elementary School District, Oxnard Union High School District, Pleasant Valley School District, Rio Elementary School District, Saint Anthony's School, Santa Clara Elementary School District (Santa Paula), Santa Paula Unified School District, Simi Valley Unified School District, University Preparation Charter School, VCOE Career Education Center Sites, VCOE-Operated School Sites and Classrooms, Ventura Unified School District, Moorpark College, Oxnard College, Ventura College, Thomas Aquinas College

12/6/17 PM - See the latest*Incident Update*for more information on this fire.

Phone Numbers(805) 465-6650 (Thomas Fire Information Line ) *

California Statewide Maps

View*California Fire Map*in a larger map*

Current Statewide Fire Information

INCIDENT INFORMATION MORE INFOIncident MapsPhotosNews ReleasesWeather InformationTelephone NumbersSpecial NoticesRelated Links

:bump:

Checking in quickly...dont dare sleep and looks like our power will be shut off soon. Following the scanner for more than 36 hours... beautiful Ojai is almost decimated plus currently only one way in and one way out (wish I had time to post pics) Historic Santa Paula also very active with the fire jumping freeways and threatening power stations. These numbers are going to be horrendous. I briefly followed the Santa Rosa fires and joined some community groups but I should have paid better attention. So many wonderful people offering us tips and giving us guidelines...things they wish they had. Hopefully I never have to pass them along.
For now, my town is still and I'm going to nap.
Thank you all for following. IQ I hope you are safe tonight. I'm thinking abt you

oh gosh Katy. just saw your post. Can I help with something? is there anything I can do? so many FB groups dedicated to the fires now with many good resources
..i will try to get them together tomorrow. PLEASE don't hesitate to ask if u need anything at all

oh gosh Katy. just saw your post. Can I help with something? is there anything I can do? so many FB groups dedicated to the fires now with many good resources
..i will try to get them together tomorrow. PLEASE don't hesitate to ask if u need anything at all

No, we are fine. Get some rest, you will need it. :hug:

I am just feeling helpless, watching our friends and family in Ventura and Ojai, some losing homes and worrying about their friends and neighbors too. So tragic. Ventura county is so beautiful. It is like a paradise and it is enduring He!! Fire conditions. So frightening.

La Conchita mandatory evacuation

ABC7 Eyewitness News‏Verified account
@ABC7
50m50 minutes ago
More
#BREAKINGNEWS 101 Fwy closed in both directions at State Beaches, Bates Road north of Ventura as #ThomasFire burns on both sides of freeway http://abc7.la/2B4a0n4

The town of Ojai is surrounded by fire...

🐝John Sepulvado 🐝‏Verified account
@JohnLGC
5h5 hours ago
More
All of Ojai will be under mandatory evacuation orders by morning, per Cal Fire crew leader at the dividing line. #ThomasFire

In one video of the blazes, a man can be seen running around a flame-filled area trying to rescue a wild rabbit. He eventually picks up the animal and runs away from the blaze

4713164100000578-5152225-image-m-75_1512640692038.jpg

4713164500000578-5152225-image-a-76_1512640696707.jpg

Chapeau!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wildfires-halt-production-Westworld-SWAT.html

I'm thinking of you all, each and everyone of you. My god, this is awful.
I'm trying to stay in as much contact as I can with my friend in CA. She is in Santa Barbara and she did not have good news to pass on about her in laws homes etc in Ventura/Ojai, although, they are all safe.
Another friend is in NV, her husband is a firefighter, this certainly puts it into perspective what he does day in, day out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back