Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read or heard in the past that a blood hound can detect the dried blood on a previously extracted human tooth, put in a plastic container and buried in the ground.....

It doesn't seem very helpful in this case though because it very well may have been that someone cut themselves and tossed a tissue or bandage in the dumpster

OR

her body could've been hidden there at one time or something in the dumpster could have come in contact with her body......

Does anybody know a lot about human cadavar dogs?

If they are searching in a landfill, wouldn't the dog hit on every thing with any tiny amount of blood?......

I would wonder also, if any of these types of dumpsters that are taken away when full then dropped off empty at another site could have once been at a hospital where human tissue may have been thrown out. I know they have to use the red bio bags and dispose of that sort of thing properly but perhaps they use the same dumpsters and this could be another reason why dumpsters get hit on by cadaver dogs so often.
It is my understanding these containers are powerwashed after they are dumped, but this information could be wrong. They are used for construction instead of regular trash so chances are they would only be at a construction site instead of used for hospital refuse.

I just got to see a clip on HLN, it showed the LE picking up bags and tossing them. Please tell me that was after the contents of that dumpster had been searched by forensics team?

Also was there a report that they were using pitchforks last night or was that a rumor?

Kat,
Are you sitting down? No that was before they searched contents, that was when they were emptying dumpster. I did not see a pitch fork, but what I did see was when they brought the other dumpster in,,,they would take a bag into it, dump it and then use a RAKE to move it around and look.:furious:

Has LE checked in the ground under this dumpster?

Yes, it was talked about on Greta last night.
The backhoe also was brought in to look through the ground around the dumster that was packed down by trucks.

IMO, wouldn't dumpsters be 1st on the list of searches?
It would be one of the first places I would check myself........
who knows now, Haleigh might be in another dumpster and in a landfill by now. After a few days cadaver dogs should of come in after search dogs.JMO

I'm thinking that blood hounds and cadaver dogs search differently for different things. I honestly don't know enough about it to say one way or another. I guess we need to go look that up too. O/T I don't have enough coffee in me yet :)

Kat,
Are you sitting down? No that was before they searched contents, that was when they were emptying dumpster. I did not see a pitch fork, but what I did see was when they brought the other dumpster in,,,they would take a bag into it, dump it and then use a RAKE to move it around and look.:furious:

:eyeroll: Oh good lord. My mouth is gaping open at reading that.

Here's a novel idea...bring the dogs back and have them check both dumpsters, the original and the one they put everything into to last night. If the dogs hit on the original dumpster, that would be a pretty good sign there are decomp fluids in the dumpster itself, if they hit on the second dumpster, then it would lead me to believe that there is an item that LE missed as they went throught the dumpster.

That's a REALLY good idea!

I dont think cadaver dogs hit on blood. They only hit on decomp. Search and rescue dogs hit on blood I think.

Sorta OT here but....

Does anyone know if the dogs were ever allowed to search INSIDE Caylee Anthony'd home......since they are know questioning whether she may have been murdered in her room.....wouldn't that be helpful?

I just don't understand how rescue/tracking dogs can track wrong, then 3 cadaver dogs alert wrong. :waitasec:

I'm thinking that blood hounds and cadaver dogs search differently for different things. I honestly don't know enough about it to say one way or another. I guess we need to go look that up too. O/T I don't have enough coffee in me yet :)
I think blood hounds only sniff out living humans. :)

Really! Why not do that? Instead of...just give it a quick glance put it in another dumpster and say there was nothing.:bang:

Exactly! The dogs were there all day, let them walk around the bags like the drug dogs do at airports. There is something LE does NOT want public yet!!!
IMO

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but can't LE bring the scent dogs there where the cadaver dogs hit to be a little more certain if it was Haleigh?

what I dont get is why they didnt goe thru those bags one by one while they were at it and look for any evidence that connects back to the house. When Misty mentions the blanket as if "it was in the van" (btw, what VAN?!), why arent they looking for this blanket? or anything else that may be connected to the home that may belong to the occupants?

I just don't understand how rescue/tracking dogs can track wrong, then 3 cadaver dogs alert wrong. :waitasec:

I am also having a hard time with this

Kat - I don't understand it either. And if all these highly trained dogs were wrong, then I hope they do something about getting better dogs, better trainers, better training methods, or all three.

Okay found a simple search dog for dummies site.

http://www.sardogs.org/articles/whichdog.html

snipped:

A Trailing dog (this includes the bloodhound) is trained for scent discrimination. The dog is usually worked in a harness and on leash. The dog is given an uncontaminated article belonging to the missing person. (more at the link)

and:

A Cadaver dog has been trained to alert on dead human scent. This is non-scent discriminating and could be above ground only, or the dog could be trained for above and buried cadaver. Although many dogs have the potential to detect human scent whether dead or alive, the cadaver dog should have passed a specific evaluation that earns him the cadaver dog title. The evaluation process may include detection of very minute pieces of cadaver that may have been buried for a period of time.

There are a lot of subcategories to these dogs. Interesting read.

what I dont get is why they didnt goe thru those bags one by one while they were at it and look for any evidence that connects back to the house. When Misty mentions the blanket as if "it was in the van" (btw, what VAN?!), why arent they looking for this blanket? or anything else that may be connected to the home that may belong to the occupants?

HINK. I tell ya. HINK.

They are supposed to be bringing in more dogs today...I wonder if they would let those dogs test that dumpster?

if the new dogs brought in today, hit on it,,,,,I would most likely want to swab that dumpster for dna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11