Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
Amelia Bambridge

7F1C87A8-A8F8-4D4B-9D00-DF3BF5813B60.png

21 year old Amelia has been missing since the 23rd October 2019. She was last seen at Police Beach, Koh Rong where she attended a party. She was last seen at 3/3:30 am.

Amelia had been staying at Nest Beach Club Hostel, around 40 minutes away from Police Beach. However she has not returned to the hostel and there are serious concerns for her welfare.

Amelia is 5ft 2ins tall and of slim build. She has long, curly, strawberry blonde hair and grey/blue eyes. She also wears glasses.

At the time she was last seen, Amelia was wearing a lilac floral shirt and beige cycling shorts.

Do you have any information?:

From the UK you can call our central freephone information line on
0800 098 8485. Calls are free from landlines but may be charged from mobiles.

From overseas you can call +44800 098 8485 but this will incur costs. Please check before you call.

Alternatively you may prefer to email any information to ops@lbtrust.org

All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.

https://www.lbtrust.org/single-post/2019/10/23/Amelia-Bambridge

25 October 2019:

Worthing backpacker Amelia Bambridge missing in Cambodia

0D165401-B845-4A86-B876-0A9644F35F59.jpeg

The 21-year-old, who is on a gap year, was due to check out of her youth hostel at noon today to leave the island later on this afternoon with a friend.

But ten hours later, and at 10pm local time, her mother has now been told by the hostel’s manager that her daughter has “been declared officially missing”.

BHASVIC backpacker missing in Cambodia

More:

Her handbag, which had her purse, phone and bank cards in it, has been found on a nearby beach.

The former BHASVIC student’s passport remains at the Nest Beach Club where she was staying.

Her mother, Linda Bambridge, who found out the news in the last hour, said: “This is very out of character, she is normally so organised.

“I don’t know what to think.

“The police have confirmed she is missing – apparently the embassy is closed until Monday.

“There doesn’t seem to be any urgency.

“Her friend is still there as they were due to leave the island today, but she hasn’t left because Amelia is missing.”

BHASVIC backpacker missing in Cambodia

26 October 2019:

Mother flies to Cambodia to find daughter Amelia Bambridge

77AFCFB6-D547-49D6-93D0-70475B4680CB.jpeg

THE mother of a young backpacker missing in Cambodia is flying out to the country to join a search party for her.

Amelia Bambridge, from Worthing, was last seen by travelling companions at a beach party in Koh Rong at 3am on Wednesday.

26E005D7-0E29-4098-8CFB-4393E7BFEAC7.jpeg

Today, worried mother Linda Bambridge, 52, is taking an emergency flight to the island to join a search party of concerned locals and police.

As she prepared to leave the family home in Worthing, Ms Bambridge said: "I have got numbers of people to contact in Cambodia.

"I'm going to Bangkok, getting another flight to the country, then transport from the capital to the coastline.

"From there I will get a ferry, hopefully arriving at 2pm tomorrow afternoon local time."

Mother flies to Cambodia to join search party for missing daughter

More:

It is understood there are no lights from the beach to the Nest Beach Club, which is 40 minutes away. The area is also thickly forested.

Her mother is hoping that Amelia, a former student at Bhasvic in Hove, got "lost on her way back" and the search party will be able to find her.

Amelia's sister Georgie, 19, is close to her and said Amelia would message the family whenever she had wifi.

2F01E61A-3333-4AD1-ABFB-538DDFA4CA14.jpeg

Amelia was last seen wearing a tropical print shirt.

She has a cow tattoo on her forearm and two cat tattoos on her legs.

Mother flies to Cambodia to join search party for missing daughter

25 October 2019:

Worcester teen raises alarm over missing British woman in Cambodia

Ryan Harris, 18, is part of a group travelling the Asian country with Amelia Bambridge, who is from Worthing, Sussex, and has gone missing in Koh Rong.

Ryan moved on to another island with plans to link back up with Miss Bambridge but her passport is still at the hostel she stayed at, and he says he's been told that her phone, purse and money were found unattended on a nearby beach.

Cambodian police have been informed but Ryan said they had indicated nothing would be done until Miss Bambridge had been missing for 72 hours.

Worcester teen raises alarm over missing British woman in Cambodia

I've never heard of Koh Rong. Looks like a fairly small island: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I wonder why she would be walking back to her hostel through the dark jungle by herself at 3 AM? Why didn't her friend/traveling companions go with her? Or did they all walk together and got separated some how?

I sure hope they can find her.

MOO

26 October 2019:

British backpacker, 21, disappears on gap-year visit to Cambodia - as fears grow she got lost in dense forest while walking back to hostel alone after 3am beach party

D92505BF-D3C5-445A-947E-E05E86D4233C.jpeg

The mother of missing British gap year student who disappeared while travelling alone in Cambodia is joining the search for her daughter.

[...]

She was last seen at a beach party 40 minutes from her hostel at 3am on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old was due to check out of her youth hostel at noon yesterday to leave the island later in the afternoon with a friend.

She has been declared officially missing by local authorities.

Worried mother Linda Bambridge, 52, is taking an emergency flight to the island to join a search party of concerned locals and police.

British backpacker Amelia Bambridge disappears after Cambodia beach party | Daily Mail Online

D67EBD3C-68ED-4C93-9DF5-F2E2AF4C5941.jpeg

She was staying at a hostel, the Nest Beach Club, on a southern bay of the island. Her handbag - which had her purse, phone and bank cards in it - was found on a beach 40 minutes away where she had been at a party

[...]

A Foreign Office spokesperson said: 'We are assisting the family of a British woman who has been reported missing in Cambodia and are in close contact with the Cambodian police.'

British backpacker Amelia Bambridge disappears after Cambodia beach party | Daily Mail Online

I initially got confused with this story because the first report I read said she had been at Police beach, and then her bag had been found on a ‘nearby’ beach, which implied (to me) a different beach, but other reports say the bag was found at Police beach.

I’m wondering what she was doing when she was last seen. Was she leaving the party? (but without her phone or money? That seems unlikely) or was she still partying, in which case was she with anyone, talking to anyone? How many people were at the party/how busy was it?

I don’t have a great feeling about this tbh

Am I understanding that this beach party was 40 minutes from the hostel, and that she was walking back through dense forest at 3 am? In the dark, alone?
It is said she vanished "while walking alone..."
I find that hard to believe.
Who said/saw that?

None of this sounds good to me, but I really hope I’m wrong :(

I can’t see anyway it’s good. The only way I can see her voluntarily leaving what was a private beach, set up as a party spot, with an entry fee, without her phone and money is if she was too intoxicated or tripping on something to really notice or care. In which case yes, it’s plausible that she got lost in the jungle and had an accident. If so, I really hope she’s still alive and they find her soon.

Otherwise - what? Did she decide a swim was a great idea and get into trouble? Or did she encounter someone who brought her trouble?

The reports are talking about ‘friends’ and ‘travelling companions’, but they’re actually just people who have met up very recently in a casual way. So maybe you hang out for a while, maybe you talk about going to a party, maybe you plan to meet up again on a different island in a few days. But you’re not going to be as aware of them or what they’re doing or whether they’re okay as more established friends who are on a holiday together.

I don’t know, maybe it’s because a long time ago I was 21 and partying on beaches in SE Asia - you meet all sorts of people, you make all sorts of potentially stupid decisions, and mostly you get away with it, and it all works out, and you just shake your head at yourself when you look back later, knowing more, but this case is getting to me.

Am I understanding that this beach party was 40 minutes from the hostel, and that she was walking back through dense forest at 3 am? In the dark, alone?
It is said she vanished "while walking alone..."
I find that hard to believe.
Who said/saw that?

It’s not clear. Some reports say that that’s what her family think may have happened, some reports say she went missing after leaving the party to walk back alone. I’d need to look at the time stamps of the reports but it’s possible what her family said was a possibility has been turned into that “vanishing while walking alone”, even if the actual picture isn’t so clear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back