Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

I didn't realize that Worthing, West Sussex is on the English Channel. Amelia would have been well aware of the dangers of night swimming and riptides. Something seems off here. Photos of her in a bathing suit and swimming, yet she made a fatal mistake in shallow water?

I wonder whether she was still alive a few hours later, caught in a current, but it took too long for help to arrive.

I don't really see how it's relevant that Worthing is on the coast. Just because someone lives on the coast doesn't mean they know all about ocean safety. I watch a lot of a show called 'Saving Lives at Sea', which follows the RNLI (lifeboat charity in the UK and Ireland) in their daily life saving activities. Whilst they do save a lot of tourists, they also save a lot of locals. Locals who have no idea what a riptide is, locals who have no idea how quickly tides can change, locals who go swimming at night because they're drunk and it makes them brave. And more importantly, locals who just had bad luck. The ocean is ruthless. Even the most ocean savvy of folks can be caught out. My best friend grew up in a seaside town up in Yorkshire, but she still went swimming, drunk, at 1am, when on holiday in Crete. She was lucky that nothing bad happened. Even the shallowest of water can have hidden dangers.

Sadly this seems like it was a tragic accident. RIP Amelia.

I dont know why anyone would take ghb for fun in combo with X, especially around water. you literally get smashed within very short timeframe and have no control of yourself until you black out. given the evidence and story of the night, people around her, and the history of the place, i believe 100% her drink was spiked.

I dont know why anyone would take ghb for fun in combo with X, especially around water. you literally get smashed within very short timeframe and have no control of yourself until you black out. given the evidence and story of the night, people around her, and the history of the place, i believe 100% her drink was spiked.
Ditto, imo.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13527876/brit-backpacker-spiked-date-rape-drug-gmb-cambodia/
''According to the Sunday Mirror, toxicology tests requested by the family and carried out in the UK reveal that date rape drug GHB was in her system - raising concerns her drink was spiked at the party.

GHB (gammahydroxybutrate) is used to treat narcolepsy but it can be a highly dangerous drug with sedative and anaesthetic effects, and is often used to spike the drinks of unsuspecting victims.

The tests also found party drug MDMA in her system as well as hallucinogenic drug MDA - though her family deny that she ever used party drugs. ''

''Linda said: “I am convinced there was some sort of cover-up. Amelia wasn’t a drug user, she didn’t take party drugs in the UK.''

“I think her drink was spiked. I think it made her feel unwell and she went down to the rocks to sit for a while and was either swept away or fainted.”

GHB is becoming a date rape drug of choice because people dosed with it act similar to people who are very drunk. Hallucinogens like MDMA however keep people up and going for their duration. When the two effects are mixed, the MDMA can overcome the mental effects of something like GHB until the actual physical effects set in and a fairly sudden loss of consciousness is one foreseeable result.

If I were to hazard a guess it would be that she had taken ecstasy recreationally and then someone who didn't know and/or didn't care about the possible outcome slipped her the GHB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back