Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

What was he doing with the blond wigs, women's shoes, fake breasts, diapers ?
Was he dressing up and going out on the town?
Did he simply prance in front of the mirror?

What a lunatic!
I feel like he's very confused about his sexuality which likely intensified his rage.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Urgh Garland and Russell Williams would probably like each other and make great buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like he's very confused about his sexuality which likely intensified his rage.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Probably rage, shame, disdain, disgust, and no outlet.
I wondered if perhaps his little sister shone brighter than he did, and that is where resentment, disassociation, and confusion began.

Urgh Garland and Russell Williams would probably like each other and make great buddies.

Bernardo and Russell are in the same place aren't they? Rafferty - don't remember, but might also be the same place. If Garland is sent there, he will be in his heaven.

Yes Otto I think all three are there and on the same unit. ***shivers***

Did Garland ever have any partners in his lifetime? I know it's none of my business but I'm noisy.

I doubt anyone would now admit to
It. But did he have any pictures or social media?

I would like to know that too. I would also be interested in hearing from acquaintances, school mates, co-workers, etc. Also, he may have "paid people for affection" and who knows how those interactions went!

Yes Otto I think all three are there and on the same unit. ***shivers***

That's what I thought - each in their own cell but with visual contact. Adding Garland to the mix, and we'll officially have a place for violent sociopathic psychopaths.

I remember reading they noticed a small green sweater hanging somewhere when they went to search the farm. What did it turn out to be about?
http://live.cbc.ca/Event/Douglas_Garland_triple_murder_trial?Page=6

It was not introduced in evidence other than through photo evidence - looked too much like Max's sweater in the photo with his grandmother. That's like an insane threat against the younger child, or did Garland think that was Nathan's sweater. Was there blood on the sweater? If not, perhaps it's a different sweater, so what was it doing in that out-building? If it's the same sweater and he assumed that it was Nathan's sweater, and there is no evidence of bleeding on that sweater, then Nathan was most likely deceased at the house - undermining Justice Gates justification for sentencing based on all three being murdered for different reasons at the acreage (consecutive sentencing for different murderous events)

I think he was given a fair chunk from the sale of the farm. Plus, who knows how much cash he had stowed away. I have to remind myself that he wasn't stupid and he was incredibly manipulative. Based on his parents testimony, he had them wound around his little finger. I don't think it was until the aerial photos came into evidence in April of 2015 that his parents truly walked away. Just my thoughts...

Mrs Garland cooperated with LE from the beginning.

"With the clock running out before Garland either had to be charged or released — and after emotional pleas from his own elderly mother Doreen and from Jennifer O’Brien, Nathan’s mother and the Likneses’ daughter, had left him unmoved — Allen pressed a map of the farm on him and begged him to just point to “where the boy is.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...rial-dont-anger-the-psychopaths-in-your-midst

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There must be something more to this story that the Judge and Prosecution know and which was not entered. The prosecution and Judge seem absolutely convinced that they ultimately died at the acreage.

CentalAlberta (hope I got that right) did you and Princess put together a list of blood evidence and spatter? Could you please share that again thanks?

Does blood evidence at the acreage support the theory that the were killed there, or could blood evidence be attributed the dismembering? The defence argued that blood from the victims on the property did not mean that they died there.

Why did the defence concede to viewing Alvin and Kathryn as separate events and deserving of two consecutive sentences? There must be more evidence that conclusively proves this that we don't know about ... did Garland photograph what he did?

Mrs Garland cooperated with LE from the beginning.

"With the clock running out before Garland either had to be charged or released — and after emotional pleas from his own elderly mother Doreen and from Jennifer O’Brien, Nathan’s mother and the Likneses’ daughter, had left him unmoved — Allen pressed a map of the farm on him and begged him to just point to “where the boy is.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...rial-dont-anger-the-psychopaths-in-your-midst

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... and Garland asked what time it was because he knew the holding time was about to expire.

The child's fingerprints downward smudge that is mentioned on the wall in the hall during sentencing - did the defence attempt to argue that it was hair? I somehow got that mixed up with an argument that it was hair, but it didn't look like hair, it looked like small fingers.

They said it was horrific from the beginning. If there is evidence that the three victims were murdered separately, perhaps Nathan first at the house, Kathy next at the acreage, and Alvin last, or Nathan surviving the initial attack and who knows what happened. Suppose they survived the home invasion and kidnapping, and were murdered consecutively for different reasons at the acreage ... then the sentencing makes sense - but that isn't the story we heard in court, so there must be more to the story that was not necessary for a conviction.

The child's fingerprints downward smudge that is mentioned on the wall in the hall during sentencing - did the defence attempt to argue that it was hair? I somehow got that mixed up with an argument that it was hair, but it didn't look like hair, it looked like small fingers.

No hair, it was a handprint about two feet up the wall near the stairs. The prosecutions theory regarding it can be found near the bottom of this page -

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-grandparents-Alvin-and-Kathy-Liknes-7/page12

There must be something more to this story that the Judge and Prosecution know and which was not entered. The prosecution and Judge seem absolutely convinced that they ultimately died at the acreage.

CentalAlberta (hope I got that right) did you and Princess put together a list of blood evidence and spatter? Could you please share that again thanks?

Does blood evidence at the acreage support the theory that the were killed there, or could blood evidence be attributed the dismembering? The defence argued that blood from the victims on the property did not mean that they died there.

Why did the defence concede to viewing Alvin and Kathryn as separate events and deserving of two consecutive sentences? There must be more evidence that conclusively proves this that we don't know about ... did Garland photograph what he did?

I have believed from the beginning that there was evidence (pictures or video) proving that they died at the acreage. I can't think of any other reason for the Prosecution to be adamant that they did not die at the house.

I have believed from the beginning that there was evidence (pictures or video) proving that they died at the acreage. I can't think of any other reason for the Prosecution to be adamant that they did not die at the house.

Did you follow the prosecutions closing statement? It was entirely based on reasons why their theory was based on death occuring at the acreage. "A capture and kill plan.".

If the defence conceded based on evidence that was not admissible, is it ineffective counsel or Judicial error? The Judge sees all in the courtroom, and would know if the defence conceded by intent or accident. Was the defence bantering when conceding?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back