Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

I've been trying to think of how I can word my post. I'm not always as eloquent as I could be because I speak my from heart and my heart is full of fire.

I've followed quite a few cases here over the years I've been a member, Mikaeel Kular, Becky Watts, Kayleigh Haywood ... they've all broken my heart but this case, this family ... I thought, as with the others that the guilty verdict and life meaning life would bring some 'closure', some relief and it hasn't, it doesn't.

I completely admire Rod And Jens faith in God but, I myself do not believe.

So I can't feel content that Nathan and his grandparents are happy in heaven and more so, I don't feel content that Garland will get what he deserves in the afterlife.

I want to hear him speak.
I want to hear him say something, anything. Any kind of reasoning for what he did. Instead he says nothing and that just makes me even more angry ... not that any reason could be enough but I suppose I want to hear him say that killing Nathan WAS difficult for him ...

I want to know he's struggling and angry and unhappy NOW, not in the next life.

I want to hear that he's sorry but, for that he'd have to admit his guilt. I dont think that will happen.

My fellow Websleuthers, thank you for keeping this case and all of its threads friendly, supportive and respectful (there's plenty that aren't) and I hope that we're not all dragged back here for pointless appeals.

Elaine Xx

MistyWaters, I think your understanding is certainly the traditional way of thinking, but in legal circles, the term 'estate' also applies to a person's possessions, not necessarily just after death.

https://webcache.googleusercontent....rg/wiki/Estate_sale+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

IIRC, Kathy was involved in marketing, so she may have thought the term would entice more people to attend.

Thanks, yes indeed the legal definitions of "estate" is applicable in general however my thought is typically a yard or garage sale is not a result of any sort of legal action. I agree, the reference to an Estate Sale was likely a marketing tool.

Perhaps the reason I've never noticed an Estate Sale being held for any reason other than for the traditional reason is I would've come and gone, being none the wiser why it was held.

But that leads me to a second thought - did the word Estate trigger the mentally ill mind of Garland to spring into action, as if it was some sort of demonic sign or evil invitation that he should follow through with his diabolical murder plan. Evidence did indicate the kijiji ad did attract his attention... of course we can't ever know what went on in his mind. Just total speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please delete if not allowed.

I have a source who works at a hospital who says Garland was brought in last night as someone beat the $hit out of him. The person I know didn't see this but the hospital was a buzz with it. So take it as a rumour at this point.
Thank you! ❤☉

I have a source who works at a hospital who says Garland was brought in last night as someone beat the $hit out of him. The person I know didn't see this but the hospital was a buzz with it. So take it as a rumour at this point.

So sad... I will plant some coal in my flower bed for him. It's just the beginning for him.

I'm sorry for you losses, dyannaON.

Off topic but I do believe sometimes people know they will die. My brother weeks before his death kept speaking about dying like grandpa. My gramps passed away from a brain tumour. A few weeks later y brother was found unresponsive with a brain bleed. He died a week after surgery never being awake again. Still makes me sad that we never believed him.
My sons father passed away a year later. He had a dream the week before that his Lord spoke to him and told him to get right with his family as he would be taken away. He was so shaken up by it and he passed away in his sleep. My brother was only 30 and my sons father was 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It be perfect if the rumour be somewhat true but that it was the result of a failed suicide attempt. At least that would be a slight show of remorse.

It wouldn't be the first time someone was injured in jail. Killing a 5 year old child to eliminate a witness is too much for everyone to digest. Even if Nathan had survived, he would have been so traumatized that it's unlikely he could have provided any useful information.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that DG would be left anywhere last night that would have afforded anyone the opportunity to beat him.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I find it nearly impossible to believe that DG would be left anywhere last night that would have afforded anyone the opportunity to beat him.

Ha, well I guess I misjudged the security he'd be under!

Never mind. Minor injuries.

Thanks, yes indeed the legal definitions of "estate" is applicable in general however my thought is typically a yard or garage sale is not a result of any sort of legal action. I agree, the reference to an Estate Sale was likely a marketing tool.

Perhaps the reason I've never noticed an Estate Sale being held for any reason other than for the traditional reason is I would've come and gone, being none the wiser why it was held.

But that leads me to a second thought - did the word Estate trigger the mentally ill mind of Garland to spring into action, as if it was some sort of demonic sign or evil invitation that he should follow through with his diabolical murder plan. Evidence did indicate the kijiji ad did attract his attention... of course we can't ever know what went on in his mind. Just total speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think "estate sale" could have alerted Garland that the family were completely liquidating everything and leaving the country, however wasn't it said that he was connected to the family by Facebook, and therefore also in the loop regarding their plans?

It was really a garage sale where they were trying to sell used furniture that looked like it had been in the family for decades. It doesn't surprise me that very little was sold.

I think that was the weekend that my daughter had a garage sale in Cougar Ridge - a block from Nathan's home. She was getting rid of children's clothing and toys. At 9AM, things were reasonably priced, and by noon the deal was 'buy one shirt, it's 2 dollars, take the whole pile of shirts, it's 1 dollar'. By 4PM, everything was gone, and that's the objective of a garage sale.

I came as soon as I heard which was just now! Reading now...

I'm sorry for you losses, dyannaON.

Big Virtual JadeHug DyannaON

Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
Off topic but I do believe sometimes people know they will die. My brother weeks before his death kept speaking about dying like grandpa. My gramps passed away from a brain tumour. A few weeks later y brother was found unresponsive with a brain bleed. He died a week after surgery never being awake again. Still makes me sad that we never believed him.
My sons father passed away a year later. He had a dream the week before that his Lord spoke to him and told him to get right with his family as he would be taken away. He was so shaken up by it and he passed away in his sleep. My brother was only 30 and my sons father was 25

<modsnip>The people who did this to Garland would be just as comfortable doing this to a stranger on the street. They are
no better than Garland.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back