Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not able to watch (little ears around!) but I'm here with you reading along.

It's obvious that they know way more than they're telling. It's frustrating how our LE (Canada) hold things so close to the vest, but it also helps prosecute the people responsible and protect the integrity of the investigation.

Not saying much. LE has the truck. No indication if they are dead or alive.

LE really didn't say much except that there was a man taken in for questioning and they got a lead about the truck at this property.

You just know they are really close because of being very tight lipped now.

To those that can't stream:
LE are confirming man in for questioning, Green f150 found on location at Airdrie, LE answer no questions regarding investigation. Very evasive answers by LE. Very frustrating but no confirmation if we can still be hopeful of a happy ending here :(

The Amber Alert is still in effect because they have not been found yet.

When asked if POI known to police, the officer began to say yes then changed it to "I don't know"

Police went there based on a tip from the public. Expected to be there for 24-48 hours. No more details at this time. Amber alert remains in effect. The man arrested is a 'person of interest.'

When asked if he was known to police, he started by saying 'He's known... Actually, I don't know that'

10s of officers out there.
'We have the truck.'
What does it mean when the officers leave a flag? 'I don't know. Good question.'
No new information they can confirm based on the Parkhill search today.

What's the next step? 'Seeing what the day produces and going from there.'

They have not found the family yet. So that rumor of them being found dead is not true.

When asked if POI known to police, the officer began to say yes then changed it to "I don't know"

Yes, I caught that, too. Was he arrested? If so, is there a way to find recent arrests?

Perhaps LE used a slightly uncomfortable spokesperson for deliberate reasons. JMO

This is the property that was searched today (highlighted in red)

24kwnqd.png

Here is a link to view on google maps https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

I spent about 2.5 hours there this afternoon as described in the previous thread. Happy to answer any questions about it.

Kittymeow, I'd love to hear what your feelings/thoughts are about how close they are to solving this?

It's obvious that they know way more than they're telling. It's frustrating how our LE (Canada) hold things so close to the vest, but it also helps prosecute the people responsible and protect the integrity of the investigation.

It's SO obvious that they know more! The officer at the press conference tried to downplay it like it's just a precaution. You don't send out dozens of officers and lockdown a property for a grid search for anything minor.

This is the property that was searched today (I circled the house on the map)

20nhp0.png

Here is a link to view on google maps https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

I spent about 2.5 hours there this afternoon as described in the previous thread. Happy to answer any questions about it.

Were those guys in white from forensics, as opposed to the LE who were walking? Did they have a forensics van there or just police cars? Thanks!!

Were those guys in white from forensics, as opposed to the LE who were walking? Did they have a forensics van there or just police cars? Thanks!!

I believe the "flag out" means forensics is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?