Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
However if you read the court appeal notice that I posted last night for the person you mention here in that court document it comes out he was not really all he was cracked up to be. That he only had ONE yeR Uni before dropping out etc. That he is bright but no scientist, a chemist perhaps but no rocket scientist ;)

Did the have LE guarding the property overnight, or did they continue their search too?

I would expect that police are guarding both the crime scene and the acreage NE of Airdrie.

I just woke up to all the new developments... Sounds intense. Wonder why it's taking so long to hear anything. From the looks of things, (police flags and such) they have found some incriminating evidence and it doesn't look good to me. Like everyone else here, I'm curious as to hear what the motive was, seems so senseless. Nathan's parents offered a $100,000.00 reward for any information leading to the discovery of the 3 right? Wonder if that was the motive for the tip-off in the recent farm info and if any monies will be collected. It disheartens me to feel that it takes a reward to step forward. If I had info that cracked the case, I'd return the money (believe me, I could really use $100,000.00) to this family as it is rightfully theirs, the last thing they need is to suffer financial strain after such an ordeal.

If I remember correctly from other cases, rewards are often donated/ bankrolled by people in the community . I have heard often that an anonymous donor stepped up. I agree, though. If I ever knew anything that would help a case, I would report it, reward or no reward. Often that is not the case, though.

The police can interview but if somebody lawyers up it's done. A person can consent to be interviewed without their lawyer but you can bet the lawyer will want that info thrown out at trial.

If you are bored this morning read up on KGB statements in Canadian law.

What would be the reasoning for not naming him yet? They can still charge him with no bodies and they haven't. Makes me think they may be alive??

I wondered if it was because there were more than 1? Didn't they release the names of DM and MS at the same time? Had they questioned one or more of them before they did it?

Yes, I have been wondering about the whereabouts of this quite elderly parents (80?).

I doubt that there was any grounds to detain them, so they're probably staying with family or friends until the scene (their property) is released.

All thought provoking observations!

:waitasec:

I also wonder if the family had someone taking care of the upkeep of the farm. It certainly is not in a mess if no one is living there. caretaker?

You think we would have heard something about them?

You think we would have heard something about them?

There are a lot of things we have heard very little about.

This family has been kept very absent from the media. We hear nothing, really about the personalities of the victims (aside from Nathan). I believe in my heart of hearts, that they know that this family has passed along. I hate that I think that. The fact that the family is so sheltered leads me to believe that they know far more than we do (as they should) and they are not speaking in case they give out more details than they should.

This also makes me wonder if there are multiple people involved and maybe the person that they have in custody is turning witness? Will there be a large sting operation that ends this all? I don't know.

The protocol has been off. So much seems planned and thought out and calm, instead of hurried, frantic and messy. Leads me to believe they are waiting for something.

I think there must be something significant to still be searching at the acreage over 48 hours after they arrived there. They have to have found something more, other than the CCTV footage of the truck, whether that has been found IN the truck since it was found IDK Or whether what has been found is linked to the POI. But I just think they have to have more, but are not saying. They are not gonna spend all that time and all those resources just over a truck seen in the neighbourhood several times, surely?

I hate this, the poor families :(

It's a large property with several buildings, and the grass (wheat?) appears to be about four feet tall. It will probably take a couple of days to grid search the property for evidence. If nothing is found on the property, computers may provide evidence about location of the missing persons.

I'm trying to resolve the fact that the vehicle was seen several times during the night near the Liknes home and the travel time to the acreage. If it's approx 45 minutes to make the trip, then a round trip is 1.5 hours. Two round trips, meaning two appearances on surveillance video, means 3 hours. There's also the time required for the attack on the family, removing the family from the home, hosing down the blood (if that was done by the perp), and the fact that there were between 5 and 7 hours of dusk/dawn/darkness. I'm curious about the timing of the sightings on surveillance video and whether there was enough time to travel back and forther between the crime scene and the acreage a couple of times. If the family is not at the acreage, where else might they be?

There was an obit for a G. family online. For a female 86 from March 10, 12. It states she was predeceased by her husband. It lists a DG with another given first name as well and a sister.
Could be different family but I noted one of the condolences left was for a DG so perhaps he does not go by his first given name if it is them.
I don't think I can post the link but you can find it with a google search anyway.

There is a document about the person-who-can-not-be-named that lists the middle name as starting with R. I do not think this obit leads to the family of the person mentioned in this thread.

Police service dogs can be trained to detect weapons.

What I don't think will ever be answered ... Why.

Why would this happen.

The Canadian judicial system moves at a snail pace and no doubt a ban on communications will come out quickly after they find what they are looking for.

It will be years before we ever get our answer of why and how.

In NP case, it has been 1.5 years since they arrested those two evil people. Nothing is happening towards trial.
Well over a year in DM and MS, case... Again , sealed.

It is frustrating to me.

Given the G guys previous history I imagine the police want to be pretty sure they have a solid case/ evidence before they were to even name him. You don't want to open up that can of worms till you have to. He did represent himself in appeal court last time so perhaps thinks highly of himself. Maybe that will be a good thing and lead to a slip up if it does turn out he is involved.

I am so lost. All the conversation about individuals who have no name right now and May or may not be involved, my head is spinning a bit!

If the POI was arrested he will appear before a justice of the peace or judge Monday morning. At least in Ontario it is done that way if your arrested over a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members