Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How odd that DG would say he needs to work past 9:00 on the farm, when it was made clear he will not be returning to the farm. I would love to know the state of his mental capacity. Is it possible he sampled too much of his own product and isn't "all there" anymore? I sure hope he isn't an easy scapegoat for this whole thing.

As I noted in an earlier post, The G property appears well maintained and taken care of (new roof, no refuse/old cars all over the property, plants in greenhouse all lined up neatly) Perhaps DG is the one who keeps everything there shipshape?

Who knows. Maybe he is thinking of when the police are done with the search and have released the property. LE can't search forever.

Here's hoping they've got little buggies all over the place for if/when he returns.

If Garland has a mercury company that makes 1- 2 million, why would he need to stay at a shelter?

ETA: Well whatever annual purchase volume means.
Total Annual Purchase Volume:
1 - 2.5 Million USD

Registered Capital:
1 - 2.5 Million USD
Ownership Type:
Corporation Limited Liability Company
Total Annual Sales Volume:
2.5 - 10 Million USD
Export Percentage:
50 %

http://www.tradekey.com/company/P2-Solutions-Ltd-8382577.html

(credit to greenthumb - that's where I got the link for this post.)

How odd that DG would say he needs to work past 9:00 on the farm, when it was made clear he will not be returning to the farm. I would love to know the state of his mental capacity. Is it possible he sampled too much of his own product and isn't "all there" anymore? I sure hope he isn't an easy scapegoat for this whole thing.

I suspect that he thinks that he can do whatever he wants, and that the rules are for the "little people". Although he has been told to move to a hotel or a homeless shelter, he is probably thinking that once he is free, he will go where he wants and do what he wants. He should be aware of the search on the acreage through the news, but he may be thinking that he can sneak back onto the property at the end of the day. Hopefully, he will do exactly that.

I suspect that he thinks that he can do whatever he wants, and that the rules are for the "little people". Although he has been told to move to a hotel or a homeless shelter, he is probably thinking that once he is free, he will go where he wants and do what he wants. He should be aware of the search on the acreage through the news, but he may be thinking that he can sneak back onto the property at the end of the day. Hopefully, he will do exactly that.

If he does what would they charge him with? Trespassing? Failure to comply to an order?

Do we know exactly whose idea it was to leave Nathan for the sleepover that night?

If he does what would they charge him with? Trespassing? Failure to comply to an order?

Yes, a breach of the bail conditions and likely a return to jail until his next court appearance. This is just MO and an intuitive gut feeling, but I don't think he is THE guy...likely some involvement, but not as much as what we may think.

True enough. And upon more thought, *if* he is not in any way related to the disappearances/has somehow been set-up by someone, I actually feel sorry for him. It would be very difficult for anyone to have to suddenly go from living an isolated, reclusive lifestyle in the country to having to live in the city...perhaps even a noisy shelter (at night), have no vehicle, and perhaps no money to even stay in a hotel? If his parents paid him to upkeep their property (it did look pretty well kept up and doubtful at their age that they were able to do so), he'd now have no source of work/income. If for some reason he's not involved at all, I feel sorry for him as he will surely now feel very alone and out of his element, and likely fearful about interactions with the public.

Perhaps he was set up. If that's the case, why was a distinct green truck, similar to Garland's distinct green truck, seen more than once near the crime scene on the night of the disappearance? Since he has family and business connections to the missing family, he would have been paying attention to the news. Why didn't he contact police and report that he has a truck nearly identitical to the one that police were seeking?

Reposting link I posted earlier this week with video footage of DG's green truck at farm

Francis Silvaggio of Global News showed an aerial shot of the green truck at the POI home Global National news today.

Truck shown around 2:20 mark

http://globalnews.ca/national/program/global-national/

That takes me to a report about trouble in the Middle East ... perhaps it's the old browser on this laptop.

The truck was removed from the property on July 4, prior to any media awareness of what was going on, so I doubt that the truck in question was video taped on the property.

Perhaps he was set up. If that's the case, why was a distinct green truck, similar to Garland's distinct green truck, seen more than once near the crime scene on the night of the disappearance? Since he has family and business connections to the missing family, he would have been paying attention to the news. Why didn't he contact police and report that he has a truck nearly identitical to the one that police were seeking?

This truck topic is plaguing my mind, i have not heard anyone state that the truck in the picture release on July 4 is in fact DG truck and the one seized from the farm.

I have heard MSM and others state that its similiar...................i wish we had more proof on this truck issue

Just totally playing the devil's advocate..........but what if he was just 'sore' with AL do to their past business dealings and felt that AL owed him money and he had heard through the family grapevine that AL/KL were leaving Calgary shortly, having their estate sale.......and he was wanting to confront AL.........maybe he was seen driving around their home merely because he was trying to work up the nerve to stop in and confront him?..........and maybe he didn't report having his green truck to LE because he knew how bad it would "look", given his substantial criminal history, and feared he'd automatically be viewed with suspicion due to criminal hx, family ties, previous business dealings w/ AL.

Likely because of his past experiences with LE, in his previous charges. I doubt that they are on friendly terms. Also because his registration/drivers licence and other ID may not have been in his own name.

That takes me to a report about trouble in the Middle East ... perhaps it's the old browser on this laptop.

The truck was removed from the property on July 4, prior to any media awareness of what was going on, so I doubt that the truck in question was video taped on the property.

The link is to ALL of Global's videos over the past few days, I have yet to find the one Daisy is referring to.

BBM ^^
My thoughts exactly. If he wanted to help and had nothing to hide...why not drive right in and say hey...that looks similar to mine ...here you go...check it out & eliminate me &/or my truck? I know...wishful thinking....but...heck...better than sitting in jail for the past week .....I would think....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517