Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. The bottom line is that 's what the friend remembers. People muddle up the details all the time.

I worked with a woman who told everyone who would listen that her mother owned two homes in Costa Rica. She claimed that she could stay at either home any time she liked, and even went so far as to extend disingenuous invitations to everyone. The truth was that her mother had a two week time share in Costa Rica. Sometimes people claim that they own a property in another country when that isn't the entire truth.

This says another video, are there two?

"Nearly two weeks into this crime that has shocked a nation, this is all we know for sure: there is a person of interest, seen on court video, free but not entirely; there is another video, that of a green truck, that led police to him; and there continues to be an unprecedented search of that man’s rural home, along with an investigation into his business and family ties to the missing."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rd+reality+family+members/10022733/story.html

I worked with a woman who told everyone who would listen that her mother owned two homes in Costa Rica. She claimed that she could stay at either home any time she liked, and even went so far as to extend disingenuous invitations to everyone. The truth was that her mother had a two week time share in Costa Rica. Sometimes people claim that they own a property in another country when that isn't the entire truth.

Agreed. Sometimes people lie and sometimes other people mix up the facts. This website is living proof of the latter phenomenon.

Look at the discussion directly above re court video for an example of how facts get muddled.

I was thinking about the Amber Alert and the searching / warrent aspect of things. I agree with the poster who suggested that searching for missing persons may give LE wider scope to search and enter properties etc. I also think they know that once they cancel the amber alert it will be like saying they are deceased so they want to keep it going.
Again I will keep hoping that they walk out of a cabin in the woods and call us all crazy ...but it looks less likely by the minute .

CP24 in Toronto is saying on their live tv news that bail today was set at $750,000. All articles I read say $750 bail. (as well CP24 website says $750) Which is correct ? I have heard it twice now on the Tv when they are updating daily news stories.

This says another video, are there two?

"Nearly two weeks into this crime that has shocked a nation, this is all we know for sure: there is a person of interest, seen on court video, free but not entirely; there is another video, that of a green truck, that led police to him; and there continues to be an unprecedented search of that man’s rural home, along with an investigation into his business and family ties to the missing."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rd+reality+family+members/10022733/story.html

One video being the court video of DG, the other video being the one of the green truck that was publicized

Do we know if any news agency caught him on the way out of the courthouse?

One video being the court video of DG, the other video being the one of the green truck that was publicized

I would think in this day & age there would be more videos. In the community I live in there are cameras at every set of lights and I am not talking about red light cameras either. Or perhaps there are more videos and we just don't know.

I don't think he was in the court house, they do hearings over video conference so they do not have to transport people/prisoners to and from the remand centres anymore.

Do we know if any news agency caught him on the way out of the courthouse?

I don't think he was in the court house, they do hearings over video conference so they do not have to transport people/prisoners to and from the remand centres anymore.

What would be the purpose of LE not releasing whose blood was found at the home? I understand the need to keep a lot of information they have discovered to themselves but to what benefit is it regarding this single piece of information? Was the amount significant enough that potentially all three were in medical distress, or a single person? If the public is to be on the lookout for these potentially live victims, then wouldn't it make sense to let the public know which person(s) was/were injured and possibly who might still be in good enough condition in the evident the 'kidnapper' is transporting them someplace and has one or more disguised?

Okay Better question. Did any new agencies catch him being released?

Providing a landline number is standard practice across all jurisdictions when it comes to conditions of bail. It ensures when police contact you, you are at the physical location. Nothing unusual.
However these days you can forward your land line to a cell any noone would know.

What would be the purpose of LE not releasing whose blood was found at the home? I understand the need to keep a lot of information they have discovered to themselves but to what benefit is it regarding this single piece of information? Was the amount significant enough that potentially all three were in medical distress, or a single person? If the public is to be on the lookout for these potentially live victims, then wouldn't it make sense to let the public know which person(s) was/were injured and possibly who might still be in good enough condition in the evident the 'kidnapper' is transporting them someplace and has one or more disguised?

I went back today to revisit the news from last Friday

http://globalnews.ca/news/1433136/p...ncident-occurred-inside-missing-familys-home/

"Violent Incident"

Haven't heard or seen anything relating to that. I would imagine there would be media camped out on Spy Hill...depending if he is at the Remand Centre or Correctional Centre or perhaps an attendance centre?

Sorry forgot to reply with quote...not sure how to fix that after the fact. Responding to peony27

cal0707814-gya-5.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/11/douglas-garland-gets-out-on-750-bail/

What is that blue "pond" (and the blueish area nearby)? Very unnatural. Is it some kind of chemical storage of Garland or what? (sorry if this sounds ignorant)

What is that blue "pond" (and the blueish area nearby)? Very unnatural. Is it some kind of chemical storage of Garland or what? (sorry if this sounds ignorant)

Many rural properties have a water source called a dugout. If you are referring to the square blue area.

I don't believe LE has ever stated that blood was found in the home. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I really don't think the presence of blood on the scene has ever been mentioned specifically by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackUlyssesStyce