CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018 #2

Volunteers plan to expand search for Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou Saturday, ask for help
"Lafrenière explained a “credible witness” came forward to say she spoke to the boy in the Parc des Bateliers the day he went missing."

"Surveillance footage that has not been released publicly shows the boy entering the park, but not exiting.

“We’re not saying 100 per cent sure this is what happened, but it is is probably what happened.”

This wording has always bothered me.

Elizabeth Smart was "probably" dead.
Richard Ricci "probably" did it.
Jaycee Dugard was "probably" dead.
Her stepdad was "probably" guilty.

If it isn't 100% then other avenues should be explored. Especially when the family doesn't agree with the probabilities. It's different in cases where the family agrees it's probable that you are correct. When the family does not agree.... every effort should be made to get closure for them.

This wording has always bothered me.

Elizabeth Smart was "probably" dead.
Richard Ricci "probably" did it.
Jaycee Dugard was "probably" dead.
Her stepdad was "probably" guilty.

If it isn't 100% then other avenues should be explored. Especially when the family doesn't agree with the probabilities. It's different in cases where the family agrees it's probable that you are correct. When the family does not agree.... every effort should be made to get closure for them.

Why would we think that police did not fully and properly investigate this disappearance? Going from memory, but didn't they spend weeks investigating? Police pulled CCTV footage and followed his travels from his home to his friends house and then to the park. At the park he spoke to a witness near the river, and that is where the trail stopped. He did not leave the park using any of the paths.

No one saw him go into the water, but he was next to the water and then he disappeared. Not every missing child is an abduction or a murder. Some are runaways and some are accidents. The investigation concluded that he disappeared next to an icy river with a strong current in a park where he apparently had no experience or knowledge of the risks - accidental drowning.

Is there any evidence that he was abducted? We know that his parents stated that he would not go to the park, but he did. They do not want to believe that he went into the water, but what evidence is there to contradict the findings of the police investigation?

It took them 3 months to realize they needed to interview a potential witness in a missing 10 year old case... among many other problematic non-actions we know of.

Which witness are you referring to? Is it someone who spoke to Ariel after the credible witness saw him near the river and just before he disappeared?

Police did search the water close to where he "may" have fallen in, but there is no proof that they did a very thorough investigation of other possibilities of how he disappeared. IMO

Police have to follow the evidence and, by all accounts, they did.

Thank you! So it took police 3 months to realize that there might be another witness? Was there a second witness to confirm the statement from the first witness? Was the second witness helpful?

"Late Thursday investigators announced they would like to speak with a woman, who was seen smoking a cigarette in Parc des Bateliers on the shore of Rivière-des-Prairies between 11 a.m. and 11: 30 a.m. that day."

Police seek witness in Kouakou disappearance

Any thoughts on why that witness did not come forward three months earlier?

Last edited:
It took them 3 months to realize they needed to interview a potential witness in a missing 10 year old case... among many other problematic non-actions we know of.

I'm with you on this, this poor boy has been lost and there doesn't seem to be nearly enough effort to find him. What real reason is there to believe he went into that river in the first place ? I believe it's possible that he was abducted. But it does seem that law enforcement hasn't been searching enough for him outside of that river, especially if they don't have evidence showing he did go in the river. So for me it's , if he's not in that river, where is he? Are they searching no where else ? They need to be searching everywhere! JMO

I hope he's ok. Prayers, May God's blessings be upon Mr. Adonis Stevenson .

Most recent update I can find.

Adonis Stevenson: Canadian suffers 'severe traumatic brain injury' after knockout

Boxer Adonis Stevenson has suffered a "severe traumatic brain injury" after his knockout by Ukrainian Oleksandr Gvozdyk in Quebec City on Saturday.

Stevenson, 41, boxing's oldest and longest-reigning champion, has had surgery and remains in intensive care, a statement from the hospital said.

Stevenson's promoter Yvon Michel said on Sunday the boxer's condition had "gone from critical to stable".

The hospital said it is too early to comment on his long-term health.

I'm with you on this, this poor boy has been lost and there doesn't seem to be nearly enough effort to find him. What real reason is there to believe he went into that river in the first place ? I believe it's possible that he was abducted. But it does seem that law enforcement hasn't been searching enough for him outside of that river, especially if they don't have evidence showing he did go in the river. So for me it's , if he's not in that river, where is he? Are they searching no where else ? They need to be searching everywhere! JMO

After Ariel's body did not surface in the spring or summer, I, too, began to wonder if abduction was a real possibility. The police rejected abduction on the basis of him not having been seen leaving the park by the security cameras at the two exits. I've wondered if there was a way for him to leave / be taken from the park other than by the official exits. I don't know the park, but I have looked at maps and photos, but am still unclear as to the possibility of him crossing the river on the pedestrian bridge. The pedestrian bridge is near the restaurant, whose camera did record him before he went to the park, so does that mean he couldn't have gotten to the bridge without being recorded by either a park camera or a restaurant camera? I wonder if the bridge itself has a camera. TIA to anybody who knows and can answer this because it's been bugging me. Other posters speculated early on about the possibility of him being taken through the yard of one of the homes that abuts the park, out of range of a camera. I did not see reports that police had addressed this possibility. Would it have been possible for him to walk across the frozen river to the other side? I just keep trying to think of a possible way he could have left the park without being recorded by a security camera. I'm also haunted by the earlier surveillance video of him turning around on the street and looking back, as if someone had called to him. I agree that LE should have pursued all possibilities of abduction, regardless of lack of video of him leaving by an exit. Obviously, most abductors would not take a child past a security camera. They'd figure out something else, and in a mostly empty park it might not be impossible to do. It might actually be easier for an experienced predator to take him unwillingly from the park than from a busy street. I remember some posters theorizing that maybe his body did not surface in the river because it was snagged on debris. Would decomposition and current eventually cause some body parts to separate? If so, would they then be carried downstream and trapped by one of the gates / filters? (Not sure of the correct term on that river.) Thanks to anyone who has the knowledge and time to respond to my ponderings. It's past time for Ariel's poor parents to have an answer; I hope it will come before too much longer.

Surveillance tape sheds light on case of missing boy Ariel Kouakou
VIDEO.
ARIEL-SEARCH-WEB_2500kbps_852x480_1185969219780.jpg

Surveillance tape sheds light on case of missing boy Ariel Kouakou
News
March 14, 2018

Georgia police are trying to identify a dead man found floating in Lake Allatoona. Investigators said someone on a boat found the man floating on the water on Sept. 1. The man had on a back pack filled with rocks and sand, ankle weights and a small boat anchor tied to his waist. As I have read before, and posted, it is RARE that a body does not rise to to the surface.

Bodies are found close to where they entered the water and drowned. If there was any underwater debris close to the banks that could snag his body, couldn't divers search there?

I think the odds of Jeffrey ever being in the river are minimal.

Police need help identifying man found dead in lake with anchor tied to waist

In o/t but related news, the boxer who offered the generous award for Jeffrey, has made progress!
Boxer Adonis Stevenson regains consciousness after medically-induced coma
December 22, 2018
"QUEBEC -- Canadian boxer Adonis Stevenson has regained consciousness after being in a medically induced coma for three weeks following a knockout loss on Dec. 1.

Stevenson's girlfriend, Simone God, issued a statement Saturday saying the light heavyweight boxer is now awake.

“He is healing from his injury in the private company of his family and his dedicated medical team,” said God."

“Adonis is a world champion in the ring and is exhibiting that same grit, strength and determination in his recovery."

Georgia police are trying to identify a dead man found floating in Lake Allatoona. Investigators said someone on a boat found the man floating on the water on Sept. 1. The man had on a back pack filled with rocks and sand, ankle weights and a small boat anchor tied to his waist. As I have read before, and posted, it is RARE that a body does not rise to to the surface.

Bodies are found close to where they entered the water and drowned. If there was any underwater debris close to the banks that could snag his body, couldn't divers search there?

I think the odds of Jeffrey ever being in the river are minimal.

Police need help identifying man found dead in lake with anchor tied to waist
Interesting. Does anybody know if there is a thread started for this guy?
(ETA: couldn’t find a thread so I’ve created one here: GA - Lake Allatoona- Sept 1, 2018 Wht/male/50-60,weighted body, gunshot)

Lakes are a very different story to rivers in terms of body recovery...but I just don’t know anymore...so sad for Ariel’s family.
Thinking of him this christmas...
12816A0A-B165-41D2-AA1D-0B0D77F23CBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. Does anybody know if there is a thread started for this guy?
(ETA: couldn’t find a thread so I’ve created one here: GA - Lake Allatoona- Sept 1, 2018 Wht/male/50-60,weighted body, gunshot)

Lakes are a very different story to rivers in terms of body recovery...but I just don’t know anymore...so sad for Ariel’s family.
Thinking of him this christmas...
View attachment 161316

Can you tell us how lakes are a very different story in terms of body recovery? My research dealt with the fact that bodies almost always rise to the surface, regardless of being weighed down. TIA

Can you tell us how lakes are a very different story in terms of body recovery? My research dealt with the fact that bodies almost always rise to the surface, regardless of being weighed down. TIA
Most lakes are still waters compared to rivers so there is little to no drag or current. A body that sinks and then rises in a lake will not likely become snagged by underwater debris as it will not have travelled far from the point of entry.
I don’t disagree with the fact that bodies typically rise to the surface but if there is some kind of physical obstruction a body can remain submerged while decaying and eventually disintergrating. Yes, it is rare but not unheard of...
I know the lack of an answer from the river in this case has shifted the Occam’s razor for a lot of folk here...I really don’t know anymore, but as someone living locally, a tragic yet non-sinister explanation might be my just be my own delusionary denial...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back