Found Deceased Canada - Ashley Simpson, 27, Armstrong, BC, 27 April 2016 *Arrest*

Missing Niagara woman’s ID found in remote northern B.C. town

A driver's licence belonging to Ashley Simpson, who vanished two years ago near Salmon Arm, B.C., has been found 1,200 kilometres north at a remote truckers lodge on the Alaska Highway.

The ID was found Oct. 9 inside the tank of a sewage vacuum truck used by the Sasquatch Crossing Lodge in Pink Mountain, B.C. The motel and work camp caters to truck drivers, roughnecks and other oil-and-gas workers on the Alaska Highway, about two hours northwest of Fort St. John.

https://www.westerlynews.ca/news/missing-shuswap-womans-id-found-in-northern-bc/
The discovery of their missing daughter’s driver’s licence has created questions but no answers for John and Cindy Simpson.

“We were doing fairly well until this broke,” John said Wednesday morning, Oct. 24, speaking from Niagara On the Lake, Ontario. “That sits in your mind wondering, maybe the tears are flowing a little bit more than they usually do, you know. It’s back in the news and back in your face.”
upload_2018-10-25_3-1-41.jpeg

82D9495D-C452-44FF-8D42-55907A115420.png Ashley Simpson is my niece, she was last seen in Salmon Arm by her boyfriend Derek Favell on April 27, 2016. Her and Derek had an argument over money that night, he claims he had gone to bed. The next morning Derek says when he awoke Ashley was gone, he Had told his friend who they had been staying with that Ashley had texted him twice that morning to say she was leaving, and that she'd send for the rest of her things. Derek says he thought she was heading back to Ontario to work a summer job with her Dad and to attend her sister's baby shower. When there was no contact by April 30 her Mother contacted the RCMP. She was a true lover of social media and loved her family... She had not contacted anyone and had not been on social media at all from that day forth.. Derek has refused multiple polygraph tests. He claims she left with a large suitcase, I've spent all kinds of time with Ashley as well as one of my other nieces ( we all left Ontario to work in BC) we know the suitcase .. It had a broken handle and no wheels, the last likely thing she would drag around if she was going to be unsure of her travels.

I'm so sorry to see this, jeep4me2. I presume that you are posting here because you don't think she's somewhere else, living it up and ignoring her family. I don't either. And I think you suspect her boyfriend. I do too. I hope you get answers soon. Not knowing is unbearable. I am so sorry you are having to seek answers here.

I'm so sorry to see this, jeep4me2. I presume that you are posting here because you don't think she's somewhere else, living it up and ignoring her family. I don't either. And I think you suspect her boyfriend. I do too. I hope you get answers soon. Not knowing is unbearable. I am so sorry you are having to seek answers here.
I'm all very new to this so please bare with me.. Sometimes just talking about her keeps her alive.. Because I know what I know, and her and her BF WERE A VERY VOLATILE COUPLE, it's come down to just bringing her home to rest....

It’s been more than three years since Ashley Simpson disappeared.

Her parents still have hope that they will find out what happened to their daughter and find closure by bringing her body home.

“(Closure) is a weird word, I guess. We want to find her and bring her home on this side of the country,” said her father, John Simpson.

A makeshift memorial has been set up in John's Niagara-on-the-Lake home because her family has nowhere else to go to honour her memory.

“This year, we may have something in the ground where we can go. Right now, we don’t really have anywhere to go (to honour Ashley’s memory),” he said.

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Parents hope to find and bring daughter's body home

I was just listening to the True Crime and Mysteries Podcast Episode 25A, in relation to the interview with Michael (44mins in)

Any chance you know where I can listen to this podcast, specifically this episode and others pertaining to Ashley's disappearance? I'd really like to hear the interview/s... I did search for the podcast on Stitcher, Spotify, and a few other places, but looks like it's been taken down, unfortunately.

Information brought forward sparks interest in new search efforts for missing woman Ashley Simpson

Snipped...
... on a dead end road at the top of the mountain, they stumbled upon belongings that...she “got really bad vibes from.”

...“a pile of clothing on the ground, lots of pink shirts, jeans. There were CD’s, makeup, etc.”

...what got her attention was a piece of mail with a woman’s name on it. The name was Ashley Simpson, a local woman who was recently in the news after being reported missing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back