Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
rsbm

Thanks dotr,

Although I can't access the Star, I am really surprised that KD has now reported sources "close to the planning" (as in the architects?) and Sherman family members who both have apparently verified that there was tension between Barry and Honey over the rising cost of the house build.

We can recall that at least one WS member mentioned that Barry didn't want to move, and thought that the Sherman's meeting with the architects the day they died had to do with Barry going into a rage after the meeting and killing Honey.

Without reading KD's entire article, I'm not sure why he even mentioned the tension between B and H regarding the new build.

This has been mentioned previously as a motive for Barry to kill Honey and then himself. At that time I mentioned Barry had never shown any violent tendencies towards Honey in all their years of marriage, so I doubt he would have the anger issues necessary to kill her now.

If spouses arguing over money decisions was a precursor of murder, then a lot of us would be in jail.

Remember the real perpetrators would want the police focus away from themselves, ideally towards Barry. I wonder which "family members who apparently verified that there was tension."

This has been mentioned previously as a motive for Barry to kill Honey and then himself. At that time I mentioned Barry had never shown any violent tendencies towards Honey in all their years of marriage, so I doubt he would have the anger issues necessary to kill her now.

If spouses arguing over money decisions was a precursor of murder, then a lot of us would be in jail.

Remember the real perpetrators would want the police focus away from themselves, ideally towards Barry. I wonder which "family members who apparently verified that there was tension."

Likely MS I suspect.

Good ole Judi Gottlieb, announcing that she graciously took a cut in her commission on the sale. Why is this important, except to try and make herself look better?
She is the same co listing agent that arranged to put a lockbox on the Sherman’s $7 million home.

A million Kiwis to be impacted by major pharmaceutical company leaving New Zealand

You may know the name Apotex, the founder of the Canadian pharmaceutical giant was murdered in 2017.

Billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife were discovered in the basement of their Canada home. Their deaths remain a mystery.

What you may not know is that hundreds of thousands of Kiwis use their medications.

From antibiotics to B vitamins and treatments for blood pressure, arthritis, cholesterol, and depression.
-.-
Pharmac told Newshub Apotex is downsizing its business, saying it's moving out of New Zealand and will concentrate on the North American market.

fairly quiet........ saw a very interesting comment by Jack Singer on a competing forum. the forum's name starts with an "R".. anyway, pretty prominent comment he has made (i assume it's still there, i will check)

EDIT: the forum sites DOES NOT start with an 'R'... the forum could be abbreviated as TCG forum....... the comment is still there.

Last edited:
I'm not a good enough sleuth to find the forum referred to,but I came across this article..

The hits keep coming: Apotex loses 31 drug approvals after FDA cites plants for 'inadequate' controls
The hits keep coming: Apotex loses 31 drug approvals after FDA cites plants for 'inadequate' controls

Kind of old news, This happened when Barry was alive and actively running the company.
Apotex noted that it voluntarily withdrew the Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for the 31 drugs back in late 2017. The FDA's decision Wednesday formalized that withdrawal.

It is my understanding, that Apotex only lost the right to 'fast-track' the drug approvals, and they had to go through the normal 'long' procedure for approval.

fairly quiet........ saw a very interesting comment by Jack Singer on a competing forum. the forum's name starts with an "R".. anyway, pretty prominent comment he has made (i assume it's still there, i will check)

EDIT: the forum sites DOES NOT start with an 'R'... the forum could be abbreviated as TCG forum....... the comment is still there.

True Crime Garage? I haven’t read the comments, but here’s a repost of the old episodes:

Not much has happened in terms of filing except Donovan was able land the last blow after the bell was rung .... maybe.

Kevin filed some new evidence late and requested Judicial Leave(permission to hand in your homework late) as the deadline had passed.
Kevin was somewhat victorious as the Judge who is the case manager allowed the new evidence to be deferred to the panel hearing the appeal.
Given the lengthy delay it's understandable to allow the late evidence. I suspect there may be more evidence submitted by the Estate of Honey Sherman given that the house in her name has been sold and her estate has been wrapped up.

It's extremely odd that so much money on mindless legal fees is being flushed down the toilet.

2020-07-15 Letter advising the parties of tentative hearing date and filing deadlines (Leave granted), (sent to parties by email on July 15, 2020)
2020-07-15 Appeal hearing tentative date, 2020-10-06
2020-05-21 Order on motion to adduce new evidence, by ROWE J.
2020-05-21 Decision on motion to adduce new evidence, Row,
UPON APPLICATION by the respondent, Kevin Donovan, for an order to adduce new evidence;

AND THE MATERIAL FILED having been read;

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:

The motion is deferred to the panel hearing the appeal.

Referred
2020-05-21 Submission of motion to adduce new evidence, Row
2020-05-19 Correspondence received from, (Letter Form), Chantelle Cseh
Request for direction with regards to the sealing order, (Printed version due on 2020-05-26) Estate of Bernard Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate

Not much has happened in terms of filing except Donovan was able land the last blow after the bell was rung .... maybe.

Kevin filed some new evidence late and requested Judicial Leave(permission to hand in your homework late) as the deadline had passed.
Kevin was somewhat victorious as the Judge who is the case manager allowed the new evidence to be deferred to the panel hearing the appeal.
Given the lengthy delay it's understandable to allow the late evidence. I suspect there may be more evidence submitted by the Estate of Honey Sherman given that the house in her name has been sold and her estate has been wrapped up.

It's extremely odd that so much money on mindless legal fees is being flushed down the toilet.

2020-07-15 Letter advising the parties of tentative hearing date and filing deadlines (Leave granted), (sent to parties by email on July 15, 2020)
2020-07-15 Appeal hearing tentative date, 2020-10-06
2020-05-21 Order on motion to adduce new evidence, by ROWE J.
2020-05-21 Decision on motion to adduce new evidence, Row,
UPON APPLICATION by the respondent, Kevin Donovan, for an order to adduce new evidence;

AND THE MATERIAL FILED having been read;

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:

The motion is deferred to the panel hearing the appeal.

Referred
2020-05-21 Submission of motion to adduce new evidence, Row
2020-05-19 Correspondence received from, (Letter Form), Chantelle Cseh
Request for direction with regards to the sealing order, (Printed version due on 2020-05-26) Estate of Bernard Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate

Thank you Slappy. Perhaps there is something particularly telling or significant in the materials, something that the children do not want the public to know. Certainly, the identities of the children and grandchildren is already well known. Maybe something else is there?

Is that not Honey's Sister?

Yes mary shechtman is ms. She was honeys sister. I mentioned her since she was very close to honey and likely may have heard about tensions between Barry and honey directly from honey. I also believe, based on my reading of k Donovan’s book, that ms had been in contact with mr. Donovan.

Re the initials, I believe it’s a websleuths rule that we are supposed to use initials and not full names. I will defer to others here who may be able to confirm this.

Yes mary shechtman is ms. She was honeys sister. I mentioned her since she was very close to honey and likely may have heard about tensions between Barry and honey directly from honey. I also believe, based on my reading of k Donovan’s book, that ms had been in contact with mr. Donovan.

Re the initials, I believe it’s a websleuths rule that we are supposed to use initials and not full names. I will defer to others here who may be able to confirm this.

Much thanks for clearing that up. Yes, Mary is a very nice lady. Yes, she spoke with Kevin. It's in his book. Their sister/best friend relationship is quite beautiful. I've seen Kevin speak about her an interview.

I'm not a good enough sleuth to find the forum referred to,but I came across this article..

I think it is clear from the FDA's stance in the past year or two that they are for the establishment pharma as far as Apotex goes.
This is an obvious war between two major factions.

An ‘urban explorer’ entered Barry and Honey Sherman’s home before demolition and saw papers that ‘looked like evidence’

Have we had this?

What he found on the first floor, and then the second, surprised him. He wrote in his post:

“I figured a lot of stuff would have been taken out by Toronto Police, sent to an auction house or saved by family members, but that wasn’t really the case,” the man recalls. “There was stuff everywhere, furniture, clothes, artwork, books, personal letters, memos, photos of the deceased, the works. Pretty much every room I stepped into had me saying ‘jesus f--- christ’ out loud to myself, wondering what I was getting myself into.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member