CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Distraction from bungling the case? To keep the RICH family happy that LE are doing something? To tell the media something of substance? The video of the NW isn’t right at the Sherman house. He’s seen about one km away. I do believe he was out walking. I just don’t see him as the killer, hired or not.JMHO

He is caught on cctv going close to the Shermans’ property, spends time there and then leaves. I think that’s what implicates him.

‘The individual seen in the video spent "a very suspicious amount of time" in the area around the Sherman house at the time police believe the murders took place, Toronto Police Homicide Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said on Tuesday…

…"We have this individual coming into a very defined area around the Sherman's household and remaining in that area for a period and then leaving from that area," said Price. "We have been unable to identify what purpose that person had to be within that defined area."’

The Star
Could this be significant? speculation. rbbm.
''The day of the murders, Barry had just paid $17,677 to a California company as part of the process, and had two weeks before paid 311,609 (all figures U.S.).''

Last edited:
He is caught on cctv going close to the Shermans’ property, spends time there and then leaves. I think that’s what implicates him.

‘The individual seen in the video spent "a very suspicious amount of time" in the area around the Sherman house at the time police believe the murders took place, Toronto Police Homicide Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said on Tuesday…

…"We have this individual coming into a very defined area around the Sherman's household and remaining in that area for a period and then leaving from that area," said Price. "We have been unable to identify what purpose that person had to be within that defined area."’
Question: in the video, we see the man walking past a driveway. Is that the Sherman’s driveway?

''The day of the murders, Barry had just paid $17,677 to a California company as part of the process, and had two weeks before paid 311,609 (all figures U.S.).''

Thé surrogacy could for sure play a part in this whole thing. How much do we know about it regarding the Sherman’s?

Question: in the video, we see the man walking past a driveway. Is that the Sherman’s driveway?

The Shermans didn’t have a camera, unfortunately. The suspect on the clip we’ve seen is at (62?) Bannatyne walking S/E towards Leslie. The police haven’t released the video taken of him at the Sherman’s or anywhere else.

23CC2BAF-4681-40E4-96FE-1739B2BC83F9.jpeg

Dec. 14, 2021 rbbm
''Toronto police have released a new video they say shows a suspect in the murders of Honey and Barry Sherman in December 2017.
The individual seen in the video spent "a very suspicious amount of time" in the area around the Sherman house at the time police believe the murders took place, Toronto Police Homicide Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said on Tuesday.
Price said the video has been with the police since the early stages of the investigation but it took time to analyze. The video is from the "evening or night hours" of Dec. 13, 2017, said Price.
"We have this individual coming into a very defined area around the Sherman's household and remaining in that area for a period and then leaving from that area,
" said Price. "We have been unable to identify what purpose that person had to be within that defined area."

'' Streamed live on Dec 14, 2021
Toronto police asked for help on Tuesday in identifying a person found on a home security video that they are classifying as a suspect in the deaths of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman in 2017. Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said the person may have a “legitimate explanation” to being in the area and are asking the person to come forward to be excluded from investigation. Price said the reason an individual was identified as a suspect instead of a person of interest was due to several videos from the area showing the person going into a "very defined area" surrounding the Sherman's home and staying there for a period of time. He said they have been unable to determine a purpose why they were there and it was around the time of when they believe the murders took place. He also said the reason they took several years to release video footage of a suspect was because the "cost" to the investigation releasing it early on would have outweighed the benefit. He said after taking "exhaustive" steps to identify the suspect, it was now the "prudent time" to release the video in hopes of the public's assistance.''

The police claim they have video of him in the vicinity of the Sherman's house, or approaching the Sherman's house, or something to that effect.

Wouldn't it be helpful at this point to release this video too, since there's been literally no movement in this case forever? Maybe we could get a look at the NW from a different angle. Maybe someone would notice something.

Hey everyone! I seem to come back to this case this time of year...

From the posts and maps above, it doesn't seem to me that this person was very close to the Sherman house at all. In the vicinity, yes. But IMHO that doesn't make him suspicious. The police should release more video of this fellow if 1. they are to be taken seriously regarding the NW and 2. for the public to help. LE always says no matter how small the info.......call us. Right now, we don't really know who/what we're looking for!

Jonathan Sherman adding $25 million to the reward money.
his words ring hollow to me IMO, especially after saying Little to nothing for 5 years, except for a KD interview in which he didn’t seem to be consumed by grief.

It seems JS may not have liked KD's articles after agreeing to an interview with him??

From link above:
"Closure will not be possible until those responsible for this evil act are brought to justice," Jonathon Sherman said in a statement shared exclusively with CBC Toronto.

From the posts and maps above, it doesn't seem to me that this person was very close to the Sherman house at all. In the vicinity, yes. But IMHO that doesn't make him suspicious. The police should release more video of this fellow if 1. they are to be taken seriously regarding the NW and 2. for the public to help. LE always says no matter how small the info.......call us. Right now, we don't really know who/what we're looking for!
It would appear that the NW video shown to the public by LE would be that of the suspect after the murders occurred since he is walking in a direction away from their house. How someone would show such a cool normal walking composure after murdering two people in cold blood and also staging them in the pool area is beyond humane human comprehension.

Lengthy front page article.
Dec 13 2022

''When news of Barry and Honey Sherman’s death broke five years ago it sent a powerful shock wave through Toronto’s business and philanthropic community. Hours later, a bigger shock wave — the theory that Barry killed Honey, then took his own life. The Toronto media were quoting “police sources” and a homicide detective at the scene said they were not seeking any “outstanding suspects.”

That police theory changed to “targeted” double homicide five weeks later when the Star published details of the private autopsy arranged by the Sherman family. Markings on the Shermans’ wrists revealed they’d been bound while alive. Plus, there were thin ligature marks around their necks, under the belts that were holding them in a seated position beside their swimming pool. The belts were used to stage, not kill them.

How could Barry have killed Honey and then himself with his hands tied? With no ties found at the scene? To this day I remain troubled by another aspect of the early investigation. Why did the Sherman family and their team not simply give their autopsy results to the police?

Now here I am five years later immersed in all things Sherman — the family battles, the police struggles, the hunt for the killer. This case is not just about two wealthy, incredibly charitable murder victims, it’s about the abilities of police and pathologists in the biggest city in Canada to get it right. If mistakes can be made in such a high-profile case, what about the ones that fly under the radar?

I often get asked if I have a theory on who did it. I do. I believe the police do as well. But a theory without evidence is, well, just a theory.

What I can offer on this five-year anniversary is a 30,000-foot view of the characters in a terrible drama that has split up a family. Who was where when they died and when they got the news, and what was going on in the lives of the Shermans, family and friends around Dec. 13, 2017, the day they were murdered.''

In a rare situation for the Shermans, nobody is expected at the house that day. No real estate showings, no workers, Sheila Stanley, Honey’s assistant, was given days off by Honey. There’s a furnace repair man, but he’s not scheduled until Friday''.

''The neighbour’s security camera across the road picks up a man parking in front of the Sherman house in the morning, going up and back to the front door three times, before driving off. Then police chief Mark Saunders has said the homicide squad knows who that person was — but he won’t make the information public. And just a few doors away that Thursday morning, police are knocking on doors asking about a mysterious 911 call from the area. Again, police will not reveal the time of the call or where they think it originated. One theory I have heard from the Sherman family is that it was related to the murders''.

Last edited:
I've been away for so long, when I came back to this case my mind went through the usual well what if so-and-so did it, well what about the money, what about the fact HS was also killed... I came to only one logical answer about what happened. From the framework of the NW as a hired killer, do we think he did a good job or a bad job? Did he do a bad job of staging a M/S or a good job of creating a confusing and macabre murder scene? Even if I'm convinced of who hired him, I'm not at all sure of those details.

What was the result of these payments for surrogacy? Did Jonathon and Fred receive a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse