Found Deceased Canada- Brian Lush, 51, transport truck driver from NFLD, cctv last shows him getting out of his truck @ gas station in Summerstown, Ont, 24/4/24

Malone Mullin · CBC News · Posted: May 11, 2024
''It sounds like the start of a true crime documentary: a search for a missing man ends with his body found in the trailer of a truck. The twist, of course, is that the missing man had been driving that truck — and it's precisely where he was last spotted alive.

For Brian Lush's family, it's a bizarre tragedy that they're now forced to cope with, after the remains of the 51-year-old trucker were discovered in his rig's trailer in Port aux Basques, N.L., on the truck's way back home from Ontario.''

''Details about the case are scarce, as it remains under investigation, but the Ontario police force and the Newfoundland and Labrador RCMP say they don't suspect foul play.''

One thing to note is that Brian’s trailer did have external side doors as well from photos. I think those may be able to shut from the inside. (Agreed on the rest of your post 100%)
These side doors cannot be shut and locked from the inside or opened from the inside if locked. Furthermore the door will not latch automatically if the door is shut, preventing anyone from being trapped inside the trailer.

There is a furniture trailer located close by that is used for storage so I took some pictures of the door latching mechanism and the inside of the door showing there is no mechanism on the inside to open the door form the inside if latched or lock the door from inside the trailer.
001.JPG004.JPG

When on a long trip, where do these truckers sleep? If trailers are not lockable, how do truckers protect themselves while sleeping? Forgive me if I’m wrong/stupid, but I always thought truckers slept in their trucks and used the amenities at stops for hygiene, food, drink, etc.

When on a long trip, where do these truckers sleep? If trailers are not lockable, how do truckers protect themselves while sleeping? Forgive me if I’m wrong/stupid, but I always thought truckers slept in their trucks and used the amenities at stops for hygiene, food, drink, etc.
The back of the cab (not the trailer!) has a bed in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back