Found Deceased Canada - Chelsea Poorman, 24, Vancouver, 7 Sep 2020

I mean, I wouldn't consider hooking up behind a bar or in a park the same as breaking & entering into a vacant mansion.

You could totally be right that this is what occurred, but I don't think you're correct on how young women just do this all the time. It comes off condescending and sexist, in my opinion. Like girls are dumb and will just go anywhere with anyone to hook up... no. Of course, some girls would, and so would some guys. But, many girls would not. Especially at age 24.

Have you ever heard of the book The Gift of Fear? Trusting your gut instincts is something most women are encouraged to do starting at a very young age, because the world is dangerous, especially for young women. None of the 20 somethings in my life would break into a vacant mansion, or follow others into a vacant mansion, to hook up with someone.
Just the facts, Ma'am. There are plenty of women who do it and I see every indication that Chelsea was doing it that night. There's no reason to make it personal.

Guys I could be entirely wrong but she was found on the deck, that looks like the deck on the right side, and I personally see a pink blanket over a person. Maybe I'm insane but I asked my bf to look and he saw it too.
OMG! Do you know when this Google Map image is from? That's right there are two decks on the upper floor of the house. IMO this image is probably before the discovery of Chelsea's body. I can see a bright pink something. If it is that bright than guys, guess what, I don't think that blanket had decomposition on it!!!!!! MOO. That pink something if it is a blanket looks out of place so its possible its the blanket referred to. Look at the shape of that pink something (blanket) it looks like the shape of a blanket. Look at the way its spread out. To me it looks like it could be a blanket. Its elongated as if it is covering something. WOW! That is horrible if we are correct IMO.

Last edited:
According to the article Chelsea told her sister she was "with her new Bae" when they spoke on the phone not via text. As far as young women being persuaded to go somewhere like a vacant mansion with a man they just met, it happens literally all the time. People go to parties and hook up. They do it in the alley behind the bar, they do it in the car, they do it in the park, they do it in the woods and they certainly go into houses where the lights are all off. It's ridiculous to claim that they don't and every fact I read about this case indicates that it's exactly what Chelsea did.
I think what the original poster was suggesting was that a gut feeling or instinct can be a very strong deterrent for a person. I do agree with your point that as often times whether male or female people can be too trusting. Unfortunately we do come across cases on WS that have this factor such as the Jack family missing from Prince George since 1989, Eduardo Balaquit/Kyle Pietz from Winnipeg, Al Kite Oakley from Colorado.

I mean, I wouldn't consider hooking up behind a bar or in a park the same as breaking & entering into a vacant mansion.

You could totally be right that this is what occurred, but I don't think you're correct on how young women just do this all the time. It comes off condescending and sexist, in my opinion. Like girls are dumb and will just go anywhere with anyone to hook up... no. Of course, some girls would, and so would some guys. But, many girls would not. Especially at age 24.

Have you ever heard of the book The Gift of Fear? Trusting your gut instincts is something most women are encouraged to do starting at a very young age, because the world is dangerous, especially for young women. None of the 20 somethings in my life would break into a vacant mansion, or follow others into a vacant mansion, to hook up with someone.
Look at my post #104 it may give some constructive persepective.

May 30 2022

''Chelsea Poorman posters pulled down in Vancouver neighbourhood where her remains were found''​

''Anyone who has information regarding Chelsea Poorman can call Vancouver Police at 604-717-2500 and refer to case #VA20-160100. Anyone with information about her disappearance can contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 800-222-8477. Have a loved one go missing? Please check out my tips here: http://www.brainscratchers.com/missin... Have a case to suggest? Fill out the form here: https://lordanarts.hypg.es/suggest Previous episodes on this case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti80m... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tphb...''

How do you know it is fact? It seems like an opinion to me, unless you have statistics to show otherwise, perhaps?
Statistics that show people hook up at parties or statistics that show people who tell their sister that they've hooked up with a new guy have done that? Or statistics that show people hang out in vacant houses illicitly?

Statistics that show people hook up at parties or statistics that show people who tell their sister that they've hooked up with a new guy have done that? Or statistics that show people hang out in vacant houses illicitly?
I'd like to see the stats on the number of women who say they'd get into a car with a stranger, scale a fence then break into a vacant home because the stranger told them there was a party inside.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the stats on the number of women who say they'd get into a car with a stranger, scale a fence then break into a vacant home because the stranger told them there was a party inside.
That would be a pretty specific study but if he made it a habit to bring girls there he probably walked right in like he owned the place (which is the most likely premise). The "breaking in" part being long in the past. However like I said before I think it's fairly likely that he has some kind of traceable connection to the house like perhaps he actually is the son of the owners, or the son of the listing agents, or someone employed to maintain the property while it's vacant like a mowing service.

That is the actual point of my comment, that those type of young men are the ones who should be being looked at for connections to the party at which Chelsea was last seen. I believe this would be the most logical avenue of investigation. Do you have a better one to suggest?

That would be a pretty specific study but if he made it a habit to bring girls there he probably walked right in like he owned the place (which is the most likely premise). The "breaking in" part being long in the past. However like I said before I think it's fairly likely that he has some kind of traceable connection to the house like perhaps he actually is the son of the owners, or the son of the listing agents, or someone employed to maintain the property while it's vacant like a mowing service.

That is the actual point of my comment, that those type of young men are the ones who should be being looked at for connections to the party at which Chelsea was last seen. I believe this would be the most logical avenue of investigation. Do you have a better one to suggest?
I was thinking maintenance, perhaps a relative of the maintenance person. Access, hide a decomposing body somewhere that other people wouldn't suspect, keys, know layout of properties, etc. I thought this all along. When the body finally fully decomposed bring it to this property so to throw off LE. Skelatanized remains brought here could be hiden in a bag. Plus they contain Chelsea's DNA so this relative could want to take the body from its original location. Well, I suppose another question comes to my mind now is were her remains scattered under the blanket or were they in alignment. That could point to someone bringing her body there or if it was aligned then perhaps she was left there on that patio from when she went missing. But no evidence she was in the house????

What about if this person who knew Chelsea as I suggested a relative of a maintenance person used a burner phone an untraceable one to lure poor Chelsea? Using an untraceable burner phone to contact her would show intent. Maybe her phone was destroyed because the GPS on her phone would show where she was? If I was an investigator I would be looking at the calls she received and made. It could indicate someone was contacting her using an untraceable phone. However, at the same time if multiple numbers were used and an excuse given by the perp to Chelsea which she believed then it may be tough for LE to even consider that. Yes the only way to solve this is through tips even a small clue. Perhaps any homeless person who saw something strange on that property could help. But would they want to put themselves in jeapordy? There are so many questions in Chelsea's case. So sad!

I suppose her phone had to be turned off most of the time it was in posession of the perp. before it was eventually destroyed. I say this because if it wasn't turned off then the GPS would give clues. I wish phones could be traced even if they were turned off. I don't think such technology exists. It should, it would make something like this harder. Perhaps one day there will be something like this. Until then this unknown continues.

First of all, not sure who you’re referring to by “them”, when you’re talking about Chelsea. That word is doing a LOT of work in that sentence. Lottttt of assumptions are being made here which are just so blatantly false I’m not sure where to start. Nope sorry it is MEN WHO PREY ON WOMEN who are the problem, NEVER the victims of crime, even if they’re engaging in whatever you consider to be “risky behaviour”. Not to mention that the vast majority of crimes are committed by a close family member or spouse in a domestic violence situation. And these women are just living their lives or trying to leave their violent partners. And as I linked in my article, many of these cases, especially when the victim is a minority, are flat out ignored or swept under the rug by LE. this is documented fact, it’s not an opinion. So you can take your “it’s just these drug addled prostitutes who are getting themselves killed” argument ELSEWHERE. thank you.

I rarely get heated on this site but this reply deserved a response imo.
Them simply meant missing persons. I am sorry if my opinion was not clear. I was simply trying to state no matter the gender or sex if a person, behavior that is high risk IS a factor in SOME disappearances. I was in know way bictim blaming. Women also kill everyday.
Check out Aileen Wournous.

In this article I found something that intrigues my questions even more on this case. So, the article states Chelsea's "mostly skelatal remains were discovered in Aprill 2022". That statement suggests to me that there was some decomposition. I could be wrong and could be taking the statement as literal. Well, if there was no evidence she was in the house then "WHAT, HOW?" That to me only indicates that someone brought her to the patio but had somehow hidden her. How could someone bring an unconsious/dead(?) person to that house without somehow being noticed? IDK so strange! The person would have to pick her up and place her there. Hidden in the blanket? I suggested that before on this thread so who knows?

"A large search is underway in Vancouver's VanDusen Botanical Gardens in connection to the death of Chelsea Poorman.
Police began canvassing an area within the 55-acre garden in the heart of Vancouver early Saturday
[June 4th] after a drone mapped it on May 19, and a follow-up search was expected to be conducted with cadaver dogs to search designated areas on May 26.
The entrance to VanDusen Botanical Gardens is just over one kilometre from where Poorman's body was discovered."

"A large search is underway in Vancouver's VanDusen Botanical Gardens in connection to the death of Chelsea Poorman.
Police began canvassing an area within the 55-acre garden in the heart of Vancouver early Saturday
[June 4th] after a drone mapped it on May 19, and a follow-up search was expected to be conducted with cadaver dogs to search designated areas on May 26.
The entrance to VanDusen Botanical Gardens is just over one kilometre from where Poorman's body was discovered."

Wow, I'm glad that there is finally an investigation of sorts. I wonder what they are expecting to find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back