Found Deceased Canada - Chelsea Poorman, 24, Vancouver, 7 Sep 2020

The issue of entry, I wonder as other Sleuthers have suggested that she was brought there for a party she thought was legit but somehow was intoxicated at the time and was actually not in the house technically but was in the arms of someone and put on the balcony and left there. But again that has an aspect of complicity at the very least and someone is culpable in that. To me that seems it was intentional. As if she was intoxicated she would wake up in a few hours but did not. So the aspect of a party is IMO simplifying what happened and is making it sound as if no one is culpable. In the end that is what I'm afraid the police believe. So to me this doesn't make sense either. Honestly IMO I don't think LE would make this assumption if there were more answers. So IMO the answers just aren't there. And one of the things that stumps them is the issue of entry.

For my post #81 maybe I should rephrase that instead of no one being culpable perhaps the rephrase should be others being culpable as well. Well, I also suppose that if someone left her on that patio and locked the door behind her & she couldn't get in then wouldn't she scream and let neighbors know she was in trouble. Such a mysterious case even if it had something to do with partying and drugs.

Last edited:
FWIW
Not related except by tragic coincidence, just noting that an uid female child's body was also recently and oddly found at a mansion that was undergoing construction.

FWIW
Not related except by tragic coincidence, just noting that an uid female child's body was also recently and oddly found at a mansion that was undergoing construction.
:(:(:(:(:mad::(:(

Sorry for the excessive emojis (although they're probably fitting). Still learning how to operate on WS.

"We're having it redone right now but I have candles and music (and drugs). I think it's romantic" and so forth. This is absolutely a kind of ploy that will work on young women - and of course they would investigate anyone she had contact with. They don't know who the "Bae" was. What I'm advocating is looking at young dudes who have some kind of a connection to that house.
No disrespect whatsoever but are you a man or a woman? I'm only asking so I'm not redundant in my reply. I think I have another take on this scenario.

This is one thing that in the USA there would be more information on a case such as Chelsea's but here in Canada the silence is deafening. Its mysterious in so many ways and nothing. Very odd circumstances that don't make sense and nothing. IDK I just don't find it heartening that it will ever be solved. I hope I'm wrong and one day there are some answers.

I understand your frustration. While race and gender do matter in these circumstances, vast majority of time it is risk behavior that makes them victims. We could argue to expand police forces and double the missing persons detectives, but the sad reality is it would not improve much. Those that live lives of mental illness, addiction and sex work tend to not have stable lives (home addresses, long term friends, maintain close contact with family).
I am not blaming the victims, just pointing out that their cases are more time consuming and harder to solve.
First of all, not sure who you’re referring to by “them”, when you’re talking about Chelsea. That word is doing a LOT of work in that sentence. Lottttt of assumptions are being made here which are just so blatantly false I’m not sure where to start. Nope sorry it is MEN WHO PREY ON WOMEN who are the problem, NEVER the victims of crime, even if they’re engaging in whatever you consider to be “risky behaviour”. Not to mention that the vast majority of crimes are committed by a close family member or spouse in a domestic violence situation. And these women are just living their lives or trying to leave their violent partners. And as I linked in my article, many of these cases, especially when the victim is a minority, are flat out ignored or swept under the rug by LE. this is documented fact, it’s not an opinion. So you can take your “it’s just these drug addled prostitutes who are getting themselves killed” argument ELSEWHERE. thank you.

I rarely get heated on this site but this reply deserved a response imo.

rbbm.
May 28 2022
"What they have suggested to me is that it was an animal that came and took those parts but the question is -- she was covered up in a blanket -- did the animal go underneath the blanket? Take that part and put the blanket back?”

The group walked nearly five kilometres on major roads and the Granville Street Bridge with police directing traffic. They chanted slogans like “Justice for Chelsea”, while posting flyers throughout the city with Chelsea’s picture on it and a line that reads “What happened to Chelsea Poorman?”

Sheila issued an emotional plea for answers to the public.

"Whoever came to this house with my daughter that night -- I ask you to come forward so that we, the family, can have closure to what happened to Chelsea."

Some answers could be on the way soon. The BC Coroners Service told CTV News it is currently investigating the cause and manner of Chelsea’s death. However, it wouldn’t provide an exact timeline and won’t reveal any of its findings until the investigation is complete. The investigation could take several weeks or months to complete.''

First of all, not sure who you’re referring to by “them”, when you’re talking about Chelsea. That word is doing a LOT of work in that sentence. Lottttt of assumptions are being made here which are just so blatantly false I’m not sure where to start. Nope sorry it is MEN WHO PREY ON WOMEN who are the problem, NEVER the victims of crime, even if they’re engaging in whatever you consider to be “risky behaviour”. Not to mention that the vast majority of crimes are committed by a close family member or spouse in a domestic violence situation. And these women are just living their lives or trying to leave their violent partners. And as I linked in my article, many of these cases, especially when the victim is a minority, are flat out ignored or swept under the rug by LE. this is documented fact, it’s not an opinion. So you can take your “it’s just these drug addled prostitutes who are getting themselves killed” argument ELSEWHERE. thank you.

I rarely get heated on this site but this reply deserved a response imo.
And I would add to this by saying that from what has been reported, Chelsea was not involved in anything particularly "risky" the night she went missing. There is still no explanation for how she went from being at the apartment of an acquaintance to missing for over a year and ending up dead on a vacant property.

I also disagree with people who suggest a young woman like Chelsea can be easily persuaded to go off to "a party" at a vacant estate with a stranger portraying themselves as the owner. I hear this argument sometimes and have to say that it does not take into consideration that there are such things as female intuition/instinct and safety precautions most women take. We still don't know the circumstances surrounding how she "left" or became separated from her sister and the group she was with. Are we certain that it was Chelsea herself texting her sister she was with a new "bae"? How do we know it was not someone else in control of her phone at that point? There are still too many unanswered questions.

I hope WS lets me post these images from Google maps. This is the property were Chelsea was found. According to CBC news, her body was "spotted in the backyard" of 1536 W 36th Ave, Vancouver by a construction worker. Question: What's in the left backside of the house? It looks like a bunch of trash to me. Any guesses?View attachment 344367View attachment 344369
Guys I could be entirely wrong but she was found on the deck, that looks like the deck on the right side, and I personally see a pink blanket over a person. Maybe I'm insane but I asked my bf to look and he saw it too.

1653864662720.png
''Sheila says Chelsea is a kind and trusting young woman who loves animals and music and wrote her own songs. But she is also highly vulnerable, she added.

Chelsea was in a car accident in 2014 and wears a brace on her left leg and a lifted shoe on her right foot. The accident left her with rods in her leg and arm, so she walks with a slight limp and can’t fully bend her left arm. She would have difficulty walking without her brace, Sheila said.''

And I would add to this by saying that from what has been reported, Chelsea was not involved in anything particularly "risky" the night she went missing. There is still no explanation for how she went from being at the apartment of an acquaintance to missing for over a year and ending up dead on a vacant property.

I also disagree with people who suggest a young woman like Chelsea can be easily persuaded to go off to "a party" at a vacant estate with a stranger portraying themselves as the owner. I hear this argument sometimes and have to say that it does not take into consideration that there are such things as female intuition/instinct and safety precautions most women take. We still don't know the circumstances surrounding how she "left" or became separated from her sister and the group she was with. Are we certain that it was Chelsea herself texting her sister she was with a new "bae"? How do we know it was not someone else in control of her phone at that point? There are still too many unanswered questions.
According to the article Chelsea told her sister she was "with her new Bae" when they spoke on the phone not via text. As far as young women being persuaded to go somewhere like a vacant mansion with a man they just met, it happens literally all the time. People go to parties and hook up. They do it in the alley behind the bar, they do it in the car, they do it in the park, they do it in the woods and they certainly go into houses where the lights are all off. It's ridiculous to claim that they don't and every fact I read about this case indicates that it's exactly what Chelsea did.

According to the article Chelsea told her sister she was "with her new Bae" when they spoke on the phone not via text. As far as young women being persuaded to go somewhere like a vacant mansion with a man they just met, it happens literally all the time. People go to parties and hook up. They do it in the alley behind the bar, they do it in the car, they do it in the park, they do it in the woods and they certainly go into houses where the lights are all off. It's ridiculous to claim that they don't and every fact I read about this case indicates that it's exactly what Chelsea did.
I mean, I wouldn't consider hooking up behind a bar or in a park the same as breaking & entering into a vacant mansion.

You could totally be right that this is what occurred, but I don't think you're correct on how young women just do this all the time. It comes off condescending and sexist, in my opinion. Like girls are dumb and will just go anywhere with anyone to hook up... no. Of course, some girls would, and so would some guys. But, many girls would not. Especially at age 24.

Have you ever heard of the book The Gift of Fear? Trusting your gut instincts is something most women are encouraged to do starting at a very young age, because the world is dangerous, especially for young women. None of the 20 somethings in my life would break into a vacant mansion, or follow others into a vacant mansion, to hook up with someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back