Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are expected to read between the lines. Ken Jessop said that he was told, that police questioned the monster Hoover in 2015, and some time after that he committed suicide. Toronto police say they never questioned Hoover. They don’t say that the OPP didn’t question him. They don’t say that a different police force didn’t question him. They just say that they didn’t question him.

I just read through Joanne Hoover’s obituary. All those people who left condolences for the monster... Can you imagine how shocked and stunned they all were when they heard the news about the monster’s past? Imagine her family, siblings, nieces and nephews, all realizing she was married to an absolute animal. I hope none of those children were left alone in his presence. I hope they had a head’s up and didn’t have to hear about it from their local evening news.

They released his name because this is one of the most significant cases in Canadian history. It's as much about GPM as it is CJ.

This case was a perfect storm of horrible police work and bad timing. I'd like to think the arrest and convinction of GPM could not happen today. There was no chance whatsoever that this crime was random based on when and where this happened. A crime like that doesn't just happen in a town of 400 people in the 1980's. Had they followed the evidence and not Morin they would have absoutely caught Hoover. Nobody other than a family member or friend could have done this. Did he act alone?

[bbm]

curious as to why you think that

I think we are expected to read between the lines. Ken Jessop said that he was told, that police questioned the monster Hoover in 2015, and some time after that he committed suicide. Toronto police say they never questioned Hoover. They don’t say that the OPP didn’t question him. They don’t say that a different police force didn’t question him. They just say that they didn’t question him.

good point

I just read through Joanne Hoover’s obituary. All those people who left condolences for the monster... Can you imagine how shocked and stunned they all were when they heard the news about the monster’s past? Imagine her family, siblings, nieces and nephews, all realizing she was married to an absolute animal. I hope none of those children were left alone in his presence. I hope they had a head’s up and didn’t have to hear about it from their local evening news.

that's an insult to animals, animals don't kill for the sick reasons humans do

Missing Children Database
Search, Ontario,
oldest to most recent

Missing Children Database: Lloyd (Eric) Larsfolk
Missing since August 24, 1981, Caledon

Missing Children Database: Nicole Morin
Missing since July 30, 1985, Etobicoke

Missing Children Database: Amber Potts-Jaffary
Missing since November 26, 1988, Etobicoke
MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988
"she climbed into the car of a stranger she'd flagged down on Lakeshore Boulevard West in south Etobicoke"

Missing Children Database: Mistie Murray
Missing since May 31, 1995, Goderich

Missing Children Database: Holly Painter
Missing since June 26, 1995, Toronto
"Holly Painter was last seen near the intersection of Kindston Road and Warden in Toronto, ON."

Missing Children Database: Jami Furnandiz
Missing since October 15, 1997, Port Perry
Looking for information on an unsolved disappearance. : UnsolvedMurders
"She went missing in Oshawa, Ontario, around the Coulbourne St. area"

Missing Children Database: Nancy Liou
Missing since January 27, 1999, Toronto
"Last seen at her home in Toronto, ON."

Last edited:
Parents became colleagues. They 'd come to our house. They had the same age girls. We nicknamed Heather 'Newf Header' because she was from Newfoundland.

"And she was one of the three people who knew we were going to see my father in prison that day, and Christine didn't."

Calvin Hoover wife heather hoover, Jessop family member | Mebere

Took a start at a timeline based on some recent posts here... I know there is a lot of other info available (even in this thread) if anyone else wants to add to this... If Hoover could be responsible for others, they would likely either have no DNA evidence, and/or be someone who was never found. Also, there could be a USA component as it seems likely he had US citizenship (Ohio). I didn't look at specific dates for each item, but can add those as we build and make sure things are in the correct order.

May 1980 - LIZZIE TOMLINSON, 6, was last seen walking home from a park hand in hand with a bearded man on May 24, 1980. Her nude body was found impaled on a stick. The murder remains unsolved."

1980 – Calvin Hoover charged for being involved with prostitution in Toronto (unclear if the same Calvin Hoover)

August 24, 1981 - Missing Children Database: Lloyd (Eric) Larsfolk
Missing since August 24, 1981, Caledon – never found

Oct 1984 – Murdered Christine Jessop - Confirmed by DNA (semen) but not discovered by police until fall 2020

Hoover assisted with search and attended funeral (possibly heard after funeral at Jessop's house in dark backyard calling out something along the lines of "God, please help me"...

Dec 31, 1984 - Christine's body found in Sunderland.

1985 – Nicole Morin missing (never found) from West Mall, Etobicoke, ON – assumed taken from elevator as her red shoe was left behind.

Early 1986 - Guy Paul Morin – trial & Acquittal

June 1987 - Guy Paul Morin – 2nd trial ordered

1988 – Guy Paul Morin – 2nd trial upheald by supreme court

Missing Children Database: Amber Potts-Jaffary
Missing since November 26, 1988, Etobicoke
MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988
"she climbed into the car of a stranger she'd flagged down on Lakeshore Boulevard West in south Etobicoke"

Late 1991 – Guy Paul. Morin – 2nd trial, found guilty after 8 days of deliberation

Missing Children Database: Mistie Murray
Missing since May 31, 1995, Goderich

Missing Children Database: Holly Painter
Missing since June 26, 1995, Toronto
"Holly Painter was last seen near the intersection of Kindston Road and Warden in Toronto, ON."

1995 - Guy Paul Morin - Exhonerated

1996 - CH lived in Ajax (DUI fine December 1996) license suspended for 1 year.

Missing Children Database: Jami Furnandiz
Missing since October 15, 1997, Port Perry
Looking for information on an unsolved disappearance. : UnsolvedMurders
"She went missing in Oshawa, Ontario, around the Coulbourne St. area"

She was 18 and had an 18 month old son, so seems less likely to be a connection. Also, she hitchhiked to Oshawa to a rooming house for the day and after leaving was planning to hitchhike back and disappeared.

Missing Children Database: Nancy Liou
Missing since January 27, 1999, Toronto
"Last seen at her home in Toronto, ON."

2004 - CH remarried (Janet Hoover) and lived in Waterdown (new wife died in 2009) (anyone know when and why he got divorced from first wife - Heather Hoover)

Anyone know when? - Hoover and wife lived at 10 Esterbrooke Ave in North York

Nov 9, 2009 – 2nd wife died in Burlington, ON hospital

Nov 11, 2009 – 2-4 & 7-9 pm; (3:30 pm vigal) Wake for 2nd wife at JJ Patterson & Sons Funeral Residence, 19 Yonge St. Welland

Nov 12, 2009 – 11AM Funeral for 2nd wife at JJ Patterson & Sons Funeral Residence, 19 Yonge St. Welland

2015 – Ken Jessop claims police interviewed CH, but police do not admit this, nor did it make Ken think of CH before it was announced by police, so he may be confused here or was just making a guess

2015 - CH lived on rural property in Port Hope; died by suicide (house in son's name now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Just reading about the Lizzie Tomlinson case,

lizzie tomlinson suspect poster - بحث Google

Notorious Toronto Murders – Toronto’s Jonbenet – Lizzie Tomlinson

LT was taken from Shuter and Sumack Sts
Suspect between 25-35 years old

The thin, angular nose in the sketch really grabbed my attention, here.

Good post, Tadpole.

The morning of May 24 would prove to be anything but Mr. Rogers neighbourhood. It was summertime and naturally children weren’t in school. If only they had been little Lizzie might be alive today. If only the killer hadn’t entered her cul-de-sac, the same would be true. There are always so many “if only’s” in this tragic type of scenario. Lizzie was playing with friends in a parkette known by neighbourhood kids as “Stinky’s Park” on the southeast corner of Shuter and Sumach Sts. At approximately 3:30 p.m., a man later described by numerous witnesses as between 25-35 years old, about 5 ft 7, 160-180 lbs, tanned, blue-eyed, with long dark brown hair, a beard, possibly left-handed, and wearing a tan tank top, blue jeans, and brown running shoes, lured her away from the park. An intensive search was immediately launched. It wasn’t until Monday morning that Lizzie’s defiled body was found in a forlorn industrial area, in some bushes near railway tracks at Bayview Ave. (West Don Roadway) and Front St.

The rape was especially gruesome: the killer impaled Lizzie by shoving the stalk of a weed (more likely a stick) up into her vagina and through her stomach and upper body until it came to rest near her right shoulder. She lived for at least an hour, and possibly for a few hours, after the insertion of the stalk, but was likely unconscious. That’s one thing to be grateful for. Since she had been partially buried, police believed the killer had spent quite a bit of time at the scene. The pathologist examining her, recorded injuries that included multiple scratches and cuts, a broken jaw, a fist-inflicted injury on her neck, and other bruises on her face and thighs. Some kids said they had been approached by a man fitting the suspect’s description, and offering ice cream, in the month prior to the abduction. It’s possible that their descriptions were wrong or partly wrong,

Notorious Toronto Murders – Toronto’s Jonbenet – Lizzie Tomlinson

Parents became colleagues. They 'd come to our house. They had the same age girls. We nicknamed Heather 'Newf Header' because she was from Newfoundland.

"And she was one of the three people who knew we were going to see my father in prison that day, and Christine didn't."

Calvin Hoover wife heather hoover, Jessop family member | Mebere
The linked article seems to have been written by someone without a good command of the English language and seems to be full of misinformation. imo.

So, the Google Maps image of the house CH died in is from September 2011, and it has a For Sale sign out front, which narrows the time down that he spent living there (if you assume he is the one that purchased it at that point).
Found this info from the HouseSigma website. The house was sold in March 2011, put back on the market twice that same year without selling, listed again in May 2012 before being purchased. Looks like he was there for about 3 years before bumping himself off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan