Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by kmclaren, May 27, 2018.

1. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Well-Known Member

I live in Australia where we pretty much all live on the coast, where there are boats for sale everywhere, but I know two people who went to Asia to buy boats and sailed them home. One of the owners of boats in a Malaysian port was German and was selling it from there and the other was being sold by a French man in Indonesia. I think sailing it home is part of the adventure.

2. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I don't want to discount that possibility, but I don't believe it's easy-peasy. Canadian Border Control are aware of this possible smuggling strategy too, it's not an uncontrolled border.

You have to report in by phone as soon as you cross the border by boat. You might be called in for inspection or allowed to proceed to port. But they know which boat is which and can keep a watch on you via radar, etc., and you're not permitted to so much as moor your boat, much less go ashore, until you've gone to an official customs boat dock. There is also surveillance of that area because of the lucrative commercial fishery.

Travellers - Reporting requirements for private boaters

3. Mr ED

Mr ED Verified Expert - Tax and Financial Accounting

The backpacks are what bother me. The first guy in the video has a Cargo backpack that seems empty. He is not leaning forward, pack over only right shoulder and has a wide walking stride as he is walking. That pack could hold 100lbs and is at least 75l holding size. The other guy has two backpacks and they have weight to them as he walks. It seams to me that they were going somewhere to retrieve something that was remote and nobody would know them or pay attention to them.

4. OceanSideMedium

OceanSideMedium Active Member

I’ve been getting “inlet” in my head. So I started to wonder how they could possible get through the inlet. Their boat is docked.

I feel like if they actually headed in the direction they told the harbour manager, at least 1 person would see them.

Then it hit me. Just a theory of course. What if they have a boat in the bag. I decided to see if that’s possible and found these.

What do you guys think

Attached Files:

5. Jackeee

Jackeee Just one more thing....

I like that theory.

6. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

I like this theory too. Good insight.

7. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

“Through” the inlet to where? Your post confuses me.

I’m not saying they couldn’t/didn’t walk towards the parking lot then veer off to be picked up by boat & double back down or further up the coast by water; that’s actually a really interesting theory.

OceanSideMedium likes this.
  8. nappyd

nappyd New Member

interesting yes! but they would need to move the inflatable boat/paddleboard somehow and they don't have oars with them. By the looks of the sailboat they have (still pic from movie) an inflatable already on there with a small Yamaha engine on the back so it would have been way easier to use that.

Attached Files:

9. OceanSideMedium

These come with motors. They would have to carry it in another bag. This is all theory obviously. But the bag looks similar

Attached Files:

Mr ED, inmyhumbleopinion and Jackeee like this.
  10. OceanSideMedium

Sorry I made that confusing. Please ask anything else. And obviously this is theory. I attached what I mean by inlet

Attached Files:

Mr ED, tarabull and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  11. OceanSideMedium

12. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Wife says husband on dream voyage from Panama, now 'heartbreaking' disappearance

Nothing else new in the article, except family and friends have been searching logging roads.

HayLouise, Dushi, Sjm_qc and 2 others like this.
  13. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

Well, it does clear up one question we’ve had:

14. Roobz

Roobz Active Member

how many more days until the payment for the boat is on? Maybe (i hope) they are gonna be back because of the payment being over. :(

15. always reading

always reading Well-Known Member

If they don't come back for the payment I think we need to really get worried.

16. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Wife of missing B.C. sailor seeks answers amid 'heartbreaking' disappearance

17. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Wife fears foul play in mysterious case of men who vanished in Ucluelet

18. zencompass

zencompass Well-Known Member

Hi Roobz,

I always keep hope in the picture, as well.

In this mystery, I don't discount anything. I could even expect them to walk out of a spot in the wilderness. Foul play is also a consideration, of course.

There are just not a lot of clues pointing in one definite direction, to me.

At the moment I am leaning towards a particular theory, however, my mind is open in this case.

Amonet, Sjm_qc, Jamtartz and 3 others like this.
  19. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

According to KC the marina manager, on May 16th ONE MONTHS moorage was paid in cash at the Small Vessel Marina in Ucluelet....

One month would be up this Sunday June 16th.

HayLouise, Amonet, Jamtartz and 6 others like this.
  20. Roobz

Roobz Active Member

I hope and pray that by tomorow they come back. If not, then for sure something bad happened. :(