CANADA - Davion, 5, disappeared, found w/life-threatening injuries, Bramptom, July'18 *Arrest*

Absolutely - you make your point in a very succinct way and I couldn’t agree more!

I had to look up the definition of succinct hahaha. I consider myself to have a decent vocabulary and I have never heard that word used. Thanks for broadening my horizons. :) I also lean toward your method of just not dating unless you have a deep long history. But I would never judge someone who chose differently. I told my husband if he ever passed I would never date while our children were in the home. It’s so scary to even consider. Also I’m a twin mom as well. Crazy ride isn’t it.

There are plenty of step parents that are stepping up and making a difference. . Some relationships move fast, some slow. There are almost always signs..CPS involment, drugs, past history of violence, or trouble with the law. The important thing is to be viligent and when you see signs to act fast. Sounds like that is exactly what the poster did. I commend you for that! Each person has to make the judgment call for themselves.

What’s sad is when the signs are there and the parent chooses to ignore them and choose the partner over their child.

Thank You for this well thought out post.

My mother married an amazing man, when my brothers and I were still very young. It was one of the best decisions that she ever made. He was a wonderful stepfather, in ways that my father was lacking.

And they were in love until the day he died, after 45 years of a very happy marriage. My kids loved him so much. He was a fantastic grandpa, and they miss him to this day.

So it does make me sad that we are having to block children and single parents from possible positive outcomes, because of evil vermin like the monster in the case. It is really sad.

It is totally understandable that a single parent chooses to remain single after all of the violent tragedies we see in these cases. But it is heartbreaking as well that so many loving potential step parents will never have the chance to make a difference in a child's life.

There are plenty of step parents that are stepping up and making a difference. . Some relationships move fast, some slow. There are almost always signs..CPS involment, drugs, past history of violence, or trouble with the law. The important thing is to be viligent and when you see signs to act fast. Sounds like that is exactly what the poster did. I commend you for that! Each person has to make the judgment call for themselves.

What’s sad is when the signs are there and the parent chooses to ignore them and choose the partner over their child.

What's sad is mothers putting their own interests ahead of their childrens' well-being. Allowing a man you've known only a few months to live in the same house with your children is just plain stupid. Date all you want, but let him live in his own house - not your kids' home because he is still a stranger to you and them. It is little better than just picking a random person from the street and moving them into your home.

It shocks me that people make all sorts of excuses for bad judgment. Bad judgment is not knowing the person well - at all - and forcing your own innocent children to live with them.

Does it ever work out well? Maybe in a few instances, but the majority of times it doesn't and taking such a risk when the odds are not in your favor is simply stupid.

A man who wants to accept the responsibility of being a step-father and who respects the woman and her children will not move in after a few months because he knows that it takes time to get to know each other and to grow to love the children. That old nonsense of if you love me, you have to love my children is hogwash. A man who loves a woman may hope to love her kids but may not have those feelings right away. Pretending they do, or forcing them to act like they do is a recipe for disaster.

Stop jumping into these situations! If it is 'love' it will grow and mature and only time will tell the tale. You have time - it is free. Meanwhile, keep your kids safe.

To the poster who doesn't date, by choice, because of her devotion to the well being of her children - I applaud you for being the adult in their lives. I wish more (all) custodial parents would do the same. It is called sacrifice of self for others.

What's sad is mothers putting their own interests ahead of their childrens' well-being. Allowing a man you've known only a few months to live in the same house with your children is just plain stupid. Date all you want, but let him live in his own house - not your kids' home because he is still a stranger to you and them. It is little better than just picking a random person from the street and moving them into your home.

It shocks me that people make all sorts of excuses for bad judgment. Bad judgment is not knowing the person well - at all - and forcing your own innocent children to live with them.

Does it ever work out well? Maybe in a few instances, but the majority of times it doesn't and taking such a risk when the odds are not in your favor is simply stupid.

A man who wants to accept the responsibility of being a step-father and who respects the woman and her children will not move in after a few months because he knows that it takes time to get to know each other and to grow to love the children. That old nonsense of if you love me, you have to love my children is hogwash. A man who loves a woman may hope to love her kids but may not have those feelings right away. Pretending they do, or forcing them to act like they do is a recipe for disaster.

Stop jumping into these situations! If it is 'love' it will grow and mature and only time will tell the tale. You have time - it is free. Meanwhile, keep your kids safe.

To the poster who doesn't date, by choice, because of her devotion to the well being of her children - I applaud you for being the adult in their lives. I wish more (all) custodial parents would do the same. It is called sacrifice of self for others.

I’ve never been in a situation where I have had to make that decision so I will refrain from judging and especially refrain from calling people names. While it’s incredible the poster refrains from dating at all that is the exception and not the rule. Most people will choose to date and watching for those signs is vital in saving lives.

My apologies to the poster who is being attacked and called names, that’s not really what this forum is about.

Back to the topic. Any updates on the sweet little boy?

I’ve never been in a situation where I have had to make that decision so I will refrain from judging and especially refrain from calling people names. While it’s incredible the poster refrains from dating at all that is the exception and not the rule. Most people will choose to date and watching for those signs is vital in saving lives.

My apologies to the poster who is being attacked and called names, that’s not really what this forum is about.

Back to the topic. Any updates on the sweet little boy?

Thank you:)

With all of the info out there, there have numerous articles written about waiting to introduce your child to a person you are dating. This is not new information.

I was shocked to read this guy’s criminal history. Why would anyone want to date him?

Horrible choice of a boyfriend/influence. I agree. He sounds awful. Most of the creeps who kill these babies are unfortunately. Lucas Hernandez dad’s live in girlfriend had lost custody of her own children but was the sole caregiver for Lucas. It’s astouding the kind of people parents let around their children, even after knowing what they are capable of. I was so glad to see this little boy is making improvements.

My sons father passed away when my son was 5. I stayed single. I dated but never brought the men around my son because none of them I fell in love with. When my son was 15 I met my now partner. They have a wonderful relationship. Very much father/son. I’m glad I found him I only wish I did earlier for my sons sake. But I see girls now dating new men every few months and taking “family” photos and stuff. It’s just so wrong to me on so many levels.
I’m glad he is recovering. I hope justice will be swift and severe.

WARMINGTON: Little Brampton boy’s recovery still a miracle in progress
July 29 2018
"When Peel Regional Police Const. Kurtis Vaughan and his K-9 partner Timber found the little boy, there was not much chance he was still alive.

What signs of life they did find was faint breathing from the badly wounded boy left for dead along the train tracks near downtown Brampton."

"Police sources tell me that not only has the miracle boy come out of his medically-induced coma, he’s starting to get some of his personality back too.

“He’s been giving family and staff high fives,” said a source."

"His mom and dad have been at his bedside the whole time, praying for a miracle.

While he’s now awake, alert and interactive — he’s not yet out of the woods."

WARMINGTON: Little Brampton boy’s recovery still a miracle in progress
July 29 2018
"When Peel Regional Police Const. Kurtis Vaughan and his K-9 partner Timber found the little boy, there was not much chance he was still alive.

What signs of life they did find was faint breathing from the badly wounded boy left for dead along the train tracks near downtown Brampton."

"Police sources tell me that not only has the miracle boy come out of his medically-induced coma, he’s starting to get some of his personality back too.

“He’s been giving family and staff high fives,” said a source."

"His mom and dad have been at his bedside the whole time, praying for a miracle.

While he’s now awake, alert and interactive — he’s not yet out of the woods."

So very happy to read this :):):) Prayers have been heard. May this amazing boy fully recover from all his injuries.

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon,

No access to this court site since it's Canada!
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Anyone "hear" anything on this one?

I have:
Wednesday, July 25th:

*Hearing – Canada – Davion (5 yrs old) (disappeared July 19, 2018, Bramptom, found unconscious, stable but critical condition in medical induced coma; 7/20 in stable condition; 7/29 came out of induced coma, awake, alert & interactive) – *Dyon Courtney Smart (28) charged (7/19/18) with attempted murder, aggravated assault, failing to comply with recognizance & breach of a probation order. (Was out on bail for a Sept, 2017 charge of attempted murder, aggravated assault & mischief for allegedly stabbing a 44 year old man.
Had bail hearing 7/20/18, judge issues that DS be remanded back into custody. Next hearing 7/25.
No update 11/4

TIA all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname