CANADA - Davion, 5, disappeared, found w/life-threatening injuries, Bramptom, July'18 *Arrest*

Cannot find anything very recent but this turned up regarding another case involving the accused.
Male arrested for attempted murder in Brampton
"22 Division’s Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a male for the attempted murder of another male in Brampton.

This past Saturday around 12:06 p.m. the victim, a 44-year-old male from Brampton, was asked to meet the suspect in the area of McHardy Court and Mc- Murchy Avenue South."
When the victim arrived, he was attacked by the accused.
The victim sustained serious injuries as a result and was transported to local hospital for treatment.
The accused, Dyon Courtney Smart, a 27-year-old Brampton resident, was located and arrested a short time later.
July 20 2018
Mom’s boyfriend charged after missing Brampton boy found critically injured
"Dyon Courtney Smart was charged with attempted murder and also breach of a recognizance in connection with bail for an unrelated attempted murder charge, dating to September, 2017. That charge relates to a stabbing allegation at the very same townhouse complex at McHardy Cres. and McMurchy Ave. S."
“This investigation is still underway,” said Const. Sarah Patten."

Bumping up for this little 5 year old boy....

Has he been found - and the thread hasn't been updated??

TIA! :)

The latest i could find, this case seems to be under wraps.
July 29 2018
WARMINGTON: Little Brampton boy’s recovery still a miracle in progress
"What signs of life they did find was faint breathing from the badly wounded boy left for dead along the train tracks near downtown Brampton.

This meant there was hope, but the boy — whose identity is now protected by a court-ordered publication ban — was going to need a miracle. It seems like he may very well have received one.

Police sources tell me that not only has the miracle boy come out of his medically-induced coma, he’s starting to get some of his personality back too."

"Police, at this time, believe Smart alone is responsible for this heinous crime."

"With the attempted murder of the boy still very much before the courts, there are a lot of details still unknown, and heroes like Vaughan and Timber — as well as the paramedics at the scene — will have to wait until another time to tell their stories."

Police dog Timber, Const. Kurtis Vaughan recognized for saving Brampton boy’s life

Was able to find more recent updates on Davion through this link. So that's good. Awake, walking, going to school, had a super hero birthday party which was also a great success. No real recent updates on him that I can find though and nothing on the case itself.

A Go Fund Me campaign has been started by Davion's Great Uncle and Aunt.

******** campaign to help critically-injured boy

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
Bravo!

Just bumping up this thread for Davion - any news on this case?

I know Canada doesn't make public their court stuff.

Last I have was a hearing on 7/25/18.

TIA! If anyone can help.

No updates that i could find for this case, after watching this upsetting video from 2018, truly hoping Davion and his mom are doing well now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back