CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Four distinct events happened that involved Elnaz.

1. She quit her job at an import/export business
2. She broke up with her boyfriend
3. She survived a vicious attack in a parking garage
4. She was abducted by perps dressed as police officers

I believe all these events are related to the first event, Elnaz quitting her job at the import/export business. I don't think it has anything to do with Iran at all. When I go on her ex-boyfriend's FB page (Mohamed Lilo) he doesn't have much on it in terms of personal information but he does have a wealth of info regarding his interests, many that have to do with used vehicles.

I think it's very possible that Elnaz found out that her boyfriend was involved in an international ring of vehicle thefts where the vehicles stolen, mostly from Ontario and Quebec, ended up in west Africa.

I also believe it's not a coincidence that the two men who attacked Elnaz in the underground garage were South Asian. It's a fact that the Punjabi community has a lock on the trucking industry, not only in Ontario, but in most of Canada. So if you are involved in shipping stolen vehicles to Africa you probably can't help but involve the trucking industry run by Punjabis.

According to this Marketplace documentary run on CBC in March 2022 there is very lax oversight in containers leaving the country unlike those containers that enter.

For Marketplace to do an expose on this problem it meant they probably had journalists sniffing around some of these businesses and got a little too close for comfort.

So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the import/export company Elnaz worked at was involved in illegal activity and she chose to quit her job rather than jeopardize her immigrant status in Canada. However, her quitting probably put a target on her, making her a liability.

Her ex-boyfriend didn't hire a PI because he was offended that a woman had the nerve to end a relationship with him, he hired one to find her so he could ensure she couldn't go to the cops and implicate him in a criminal enterprise. This is my opinion.

I fear that Elnaz is not alive.
@branmuffin
This is a very interesting perspective and a well written and informative post.
Thank you for sharing this.

Jan 8 2023
''In the depths of that winter evening, the trio — dressed in cop gear — would snatch 37-year-old Elnaz Hajtamiri from her relatives’ home where she was hiding

Destination: Unknown.

That was on Jan. 12, 2022, and almost one year later, there have been arrests but still no sign of the pretty Iranian immigrant who dreamed of opening her own cake business.''

All of those accused so far are considered innocent unless proven guilty.

Hajtamiri’s disappearance remains a missing person/kidnapping probe, Graham said, adding that “it has to be a missing person undertaking” instead of a homicide.

Graham told the Sun in August: “It’s like she has disappeared off the face of the Earth. You do not see this these days. It’s deeply disturbing to me as a police officer. Her family deserves answers.”

Police urge anyone with information to call a dedicated tip line at 1-833-728-3415. Members of the public are also strongly urged to help share previously released social media information and photos of Hajtamiri, using the hashtag “#BringElnazHome.”

The white Lexus RX cops say is connected to the Elnaz kidnapping. HANDOUT/ OPP
View attachment 393904
Reminded of Elnaz..
January 8, 2023 5:23PM EST
''Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reaffirmed his government's commitment to seeking justice for the victims of Flight PS752 on Sunday as he joined Canadians across the country in marking three years since the Iranian military shot the plane down.
Trudeau's remarks came at an often-emotional ceremony in North Toronto, one of several such events taking place in 12 Canadian cities.
Family members who lost loved ones in the crash sobbed, called for justice and fiercely criticized the Iranian regime throughout the Sunday afternoon event. The prime minister, one of several senior dignitaries on hand, followed suit.''

''The Ukraine International Airlines jetliner was bound for Canada via Ukraine and shot down shortly after its takeoff from Tehran in January 2020.''
@dotr

I would really like to have a deeper knowledge, understanding and insight into just where Elnaz and her husband, fit into the pieces of this jigsaw puzzle of an investigation. If in fact they did so at all?

As a seasoned sleuth , which way are your thoughts leaning?

1. Boyfriend trouble/ relationship issues leading to her ex allegedly being involved in assaulting and kidnapping her ?

2. As pertaining to @branmuffin post with regards to‘knowing too much’ and possibly being a liability in terms of her potential involvement in illegal activities surrounding her BF business dealings?

3. Her possible involvement in the aftermath and vocal efforts to have true Justice and a clear, concise, factual and full open explanation of what happened when the flight was shot down and it being presented with absolute integrity and truth?

4. Something pertaining to her being an Iranian citizen and being pursued by the officials from her home country of birth ?

(Before anybody comments about this, stating that such things like this don’t happen and only happens in the movies, then I’m very sad to say that you’re wrong. I know this from personal experience and a friendship within a friendship of such a person who is watching their back in a Westernised country for their lifetime. Not because of doing anything wrong, but because of witnessing an act that this person believed not to be wrong but authorities in Iran thought otherwise, and consequently the person has had to go into hiding with a new identity. )

I would love to know anybody’s thoughts really……

Dec. 14, 2022
''Nearly a year since Elnaz Hajtamiri disappeared after being allegedly abducted in Wasaga Beach, Ont., the Crown is calling for her ex-boyfriend's lawyer to be removed from the case.
The Crown is citing a conflict of interest and made an application to have Mohamad Lilo's lawyer, Philippe Grenier, disqualified from the case.
Lilo, 35, was arrested in a Montreal suburb in July and faces attempted murder and kidnapping charges.
Any evidence presented in court Wednesday is protected under a publication ban.''

Jan 9 2023
''Three days shy of the one-year anniversary of her disappearance, Elnaz Hajtamiri's former boyfriend, Mohamad Lilo, charged with attempted murder and kidnapping, hired a new lawyer to defend his case.

The 35-year-old Montreal man was arrested in July in connection with the alleged abduction of his ex-girlfriend, and has been in custody at the Central North Correctional Centre in Penetanguishene since that time.

His new lawyer, David O'Connor, maintains his client "never should have been detained."

"He doesn't have much of a record, and he should be out," the defence lawyer said. "He is innocent. I don't think they have much evidence against him. I haven't seen the disclosure yet, but it's coming, and hopefully, I'll find out more."

repost rbbm.
Brad Hunter
Published Jan 20, 2022
1673305868895.png
Kidnapped Elnaz Hajtamiri, right, and a mystery man. A label on the image honours the victims of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, downed two years ago. ELNAZ TAMIRI/ FACEBOOK

''One local in Wasaga wrote on a local forum that neighbours allegedly told cops there was a “very suspicious” bearded man watching the house where Tamiri was living. His white car with licence plates covered made several rounds of Trailwood Place and this was duly reported.''

''On her Facebook page, Elnaz Tamiri makes several references to the mass murder of those aboard Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 in January 2020. The passenger jet was shot down by Iran’s fanatical Revolutionary Guards near Tehran.

Everyone on board was killed, 176 in all — men, women, children. Among the dead were 55 Canadian citizens and 30 permanent residents.

Before that tragic day, there are a number of photos of Tamiri with a man. They are in Malaysia, China, all points in between. They look happy.

There is one final photo of the couple from Jan. 11, 2020 — three days after the crash. Overlaid on the photo is “PS752.”

Does that tragedy have anything to do with the kidnapping of Tamiri? No one is saying.''

Feeling the need to :BUMP:
The pictures are of her husband.
translated, with photos the two together:

Dr. Farnam Shapoorifar, 38, a veterinarian and "supplier of veterinary drugs," and his wife, Elnaz Haj Tamiri, in May 2017, 48 hours apart, from an "unknown virus" in Toos Hospital, in May 2017, according to exclusive research by Perjan Mirror, Tehran, is dead.

The death was suspicious.
The two kidneys were out of order at the same time. He died within 48 hours.
The rest states how distraught Elnaz was, her work with the school in his honor, and her husband's educational background.

معمای ربودن الناز حاج تعمیری در شمال تورنتو و مرگ مشکوک همسرش در ایران - PersianMirror

This is so sad. :(

Nice find, thank you!
from link..
معمای-ربودن-الناز-حاج-تعمیری-2.jpeg

الناز-حاج-تعمیری-فرنام-شاپوری-فر.jpeg

الناز حاج تعمیر
الناز-حاج-تعمیری.jpeg

الناز حاج تعمیری
معمای ربودن الناز حاج تعمیری در شمال تورنتو و مرگ مشکوک همسرش در ایران

Does anyone know how long EH has been in Canada. Do we know if she was married? Perhaps separated or divorced?

I'm wondering about that picture of Elnaz in Europe with an unknown male. I'm wondering if it's Elnaz and a husband. The image has a border that says PS752, the flight that was downed by Iran in January 2020, no survivors.

Look as these images. Does she look like Elnaz? This woman and her husband were victims of the downed flight PS752. I wonder if this was Elnaz's sister. There is a story for each victim. Aida has a sister called Elnaz and they speak of going to Canada.

Attachments

• aida-farzaneh-g4-300x157.png
    aida-farzaneh-g4-300x157.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Aida-Farzaneh.jpeg
    Aida-Farzaneh.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 8
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 8
Is this a simple case of jealousy turned violent? Or is there more to this case involving international politics?
I'm leaning to the former. Occam's Razor.

Surviving the "frying pan attack" that had been (allegedly) dispatched by the ex bf, what are the chances that an entirely unrelated, separate crew went after Elnaz a second time, for who knows why? Doubtful.

Where could she possibly be?? Even if no longer alive, what happened to Elnaz? LE have the ex, they had the 2 other attackers as well. There must be some communication between the ex and whoever abducted Elnaz.

@branmuffin To me that woman could easily be Elnaz' sister. They absolutely look related!

It's sad and concerning that this story isn't bigger.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long EH has been in Canada. Do we know if she was married? Perhaps separated or divorced?

I'm wondering about that picture of Elnaz in Europe with an unknown male. I'm wondering if it's Elnaz and a husband. The image has a border that says PS752, the flight that was downed by Iran in January 2020, no survivors.

Look as these images. Does she look like Elnaz? This woman and her husband were victims of the downed flight PS752. I wonder if this was Elnaz's sister. There is a story for each victim. Aida has a sister called Elnaz and they speak of going to Canada.
That man in the picture was her husband. He was a veterinarian, and died under unusual circumstances. I followed this sad case when it occurred. I don't remember all the details, but do remember the husband she loved, and his untimely death was the reason she moved to Canada.

I mean this picture:
1673328104553.png

That man in the picture was her husband. He was a veterinarian, and died under unusual circumstances. I followed this sad case when it occurred. I don't remember all the details, but do remember the husband she loved, and his untimely death was the reason she moved to Canada.

I mean this picture:
View attachment 394266
Do you know if the husbands death was connected to the Ukrainian flight?

I'm also confused about the post mentioning missing kidneys...!

For whatever reason my brain placed the sister and husband on the same flight, thinking Elnaz lost both in the same event. These were 2 separate events, 2 separate losses in her life, correct?

If so, how tragic. If so and Elnaz is no longer alive, maybe she is now with her loved ones once again in a better place.

*ETA I'm not saying Elnaz isnt alive at all, just offering my sentiments.

Last edited:
Re-posts rbbm.
March 10 2022
“The family is proceeding both with the hope and the absolute belief that Elnaz is still alive, and there's no really no reason to think that that is not the case,” said Devin Bains, a lawyer hired by Hajtamiri’s family to conduct a parallel investigation into her abduction. “It's very easy to terminate (a life) and do it with some ease … It is much more complex to abduct — and in this case, that appears to be the case. The object appears to have been abduction.

“There is no additional evidence that suggests that Elnaz is not somewhere.”

Brad Hunter Jan 27, 2022 rbbm.
''What the release doesn’t do is offer any hint of why she was taken. And when the “why” is unravelled, there will be answers for her family and the public.

''Why, for example, on Jan. 12, did three armed men dressed in police gear snatch her from her relatives’ home on Trailwood Pl. in Wasaga Beach? So far, the cops aren’t saying what may have prompted the crime other than to add Tamiri did not have a criminal record and no one she knows has ties to organized crime.''

Elnaz Tamiri was born in Iran and a dozen years ago married Farnam Shapourifar after graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in International Insurance. Farnam was a veterinarian who tragically died in 2017, leaving Elnaz a widow.''

''Her family says she used her savings to build a school for young girls in an Iranian village in honour of her late husband.

In 2018, she decided to move to Canada and settled in the GTA, where she worked as a “administrator in import/export shipping, volunteering with charitable organizations” and eventually getting her permanent resident status.

More recently, the family said, she had been building her cake-making business, which they say was a passion.

“Elnaz dedicates much of her life to serving the needy and offering her support to her community. She lives a quiet, decent life surrounded by her friends and family,” her mother pleaded in a release.''

Do you know if the husbands death was connected to the Ukrainian flight?

I'm also confused about the post mentioning missing kidneys...!

For whatever reason my brain placed the sister and husband on the same flight, thinking Elnaz lost both in the same event. These were 2 separate events, 2 separate losses in her life, correct?

If so, how tragic. If so and Elnaz is no longer alive, maybe she is now with her loved ones once again in a better place.
Husband's death was not connected to the flight.

He had contracted a sudden illness, virus I believe, that was so severe that it shut down both his kidneys. The death was deemed suspicious because it was so unusual and rapid.
He was a respected veterinarian.

As far as I remember from investigations and articles at the time, it was determined that neither had any connection to the downed flight, rather that Elnaz in particular was very affected by it because of the number of Iranian citizens who perished.

(I don't recall that a sister was on the flight or not....)

( similar to the way in which I became very involved in supporting Ukrainian refugees with the ongoing war, because I have dear Ukrainian friends , and well....just the awful circumstances)

Re-posts rbbm.
March 10 2022
“The family is proceeding both with the hope and the absolute belief that Elnaz is still alive, and there's no really no reason to think that that is not the case,” said Devin Bains, a lawyer hired by Hajtamiri’s family to conduct a parallel investigation into her abduction. “It's very easy to terminate (a life) and do it with some ease … It is much more complex to abduct — and in this case, that appears to be the case. The object appears to have been abduction.

“There is no additional evidence that suggests that Elnaz is not somewhere.”

Brad Hunter Jan 27, 2022 rbbm.
''What the release doesn’t do is offer any hint of why she was taken. And when the “why” is unravelled, there will be answers for her family and the public.

''Why, for example, on Jan. 12, did three armed men dressed in police gear snatch her from her relatives’ home on Trailwood Pl. in Wasaga Beach? So far, the cops aren’t saying what may have prompted the crime other than to add Tamiri did not have a criminal record and no one she knows has ties to organized crime.''

Elnaz Tamiri was born in Iran and a dozen years ago married Farnam Shapourifar after graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in International Insurance. Farnam was a veterinarian who tragically died in 2017, leaving Elnaz a widow.''

''Her family says she used her savings to build a school for young girls in an Iranian village in honour of her late husband.

In 2018, she decided to move to Canada and settled in the GTA, where she worked as a “administrator in import/export shipping, volunteering with charitable organizations” and eventually getting her permanent resident status.

More recently, the family said, she had been building her cake-making business, which they say was a passion.

“Elnaz dedicates much of her life to serving the needy and offering her support to her community. She lives a quiet, decent life surrounded by her friends and family,” her mother pleaded in a release.''
Noting the article says "from a relative's home".

I cannot recall what I've read about her living situation. Someone must have been stalking Elnaz. The attack with the pan could've killed her.

For some reason I got "Tinder Swindler" vibes from the ex. Threatening, obsessive, intense, dangerous. Excuse my ignorance but I'm wondering if the second group of abductors being described as African American is meaningful or indicative of anything? As in the first group look more like friends than associates. Wonder if the ex called for outside "help" the second time?

@whitelilac Thank you for clarifying! From what I understand kidney failure can be potentially fatal. The photos are a bit confusing with the flight # attached to the photo of the husband.

The woman who looks like Elnaz sister though... where is that from again?

I cannot recall what I've read about her living situation. Someone must have been stalking Elnaz. The attack with the pan could've killed her.

For some reason I got "Tinder Swindler" vibes from the ex. Threatening, obsessive, intense, dangerous. Excuse my ignorance but I'm wondering if the second group of abductors being described as African American is meaningful or indicative of anything? As in the first group look more like friends than associates. Wonder if the ex called for outside "help" the second time?

@whitelilac Thank you for clarifying! From what I understand kidney failure can be potentially fatal. The photos are a bit confusing with the flight # attached to the photo of the husband.

Elnaz was abducted from a relative's home (uncle?) in another town, to where she fled for safety after the garage attack.

Neighbors had seen a white car hanging around the street prior to the abduction, driven by a "bearded man". There was some speculation that the man was Lilo.

As far as I know the AA abductors, who posed as police iirc, have not been identified.

I just don't remember anything about a sister...

One of those pictures upthread is of actual victims of the downed flight. I'm not sure if they have any connection to Elnaz, her husband, or either of their families.

Elnaz was abducted from a relative's home (uncle?) in another town, to where she fled for safety after the garage attack.

Neighbors had seen a white car hanging around the street prior to the abduction, driven by a "bearded man". There was some speculation that the man was Lilo.

As far as I know the AA abductors, who posed as police iirc, have not been identified.

One of those pictures upthread is of actual victims of the downed flight. I'm not sure if they have any connection to Elnaz, her husband, or either of their families.
Aha I do remember the piece about Elnaz staying with family after the assault.

I imagine if either the husband or a sister had died in that flight we'd have discussed it already. Strange though because the woman in the photo really does look like Elnaz relative!

Jan 10 2023 rbbm.
''The update on the case coincides with the one-year anniversary of Hajtamiri’s disappearance and will be held at the Ontario Provincial Police’s Mississauga detachment at 10 a.m. on Thursday.

OPP say that they will be releasing “additional information” regarding the abduction during the update.

Members of the York Regional Police Service will also be on hand.''

Two of the men arrested for abducting her are Sikh, I believe. Their names are Harshdeep Binner and Riyasat Singh. They are Indian. I can't see someone mistaking them for AA.

Since EH was so involved in the tragic flight of PS 752, I search it and found images of all those that perished on the flight. Very sad, so many young children. When I came across the image of the woman called Aida, I immediately thought she looked so much like Elnaz. Each victim has a biography attached to the picture. That's where I read she had a sister living in Canada. Some Iranian refugees came to Canada via Sweden. Here's the link to the website.

Also, I didn't know this but Iranian women are not required to change their names to their husband's after marriage. So it was a bit confusing trying to find out who the mothers of those deceased children were.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back