CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

BringElnazHome (@BringElnazHome) / Twitter
FK3LFmyWYAUv5xT

For those who are interested:

A video (48 minutes) by John Lordan posted on Feb 4 in which this case is discussed.....
It a chronological account of info the police have released through MSM, about what is known, a good overview with aerials of the Wasaga Beach neighborhood I had not seen before, relatives' statements, Elnaz's known history etc.
It clear, factual, objective, without speculation. It may be useful to watch as an overview of this case.

Just of note after reading this thread once and looking at the various links:

- The photo on Elnaz' Facebook with the #PS752 overlay was posted on 12 January 2020;
- Elnaz was kidnapped on 12 January 2022 - I also tend to go with horses over zebras when looking at cases, but here the horses say 'conspiracy';
- 12 January 2020 was the day when protests in Tehran got violent and the Iranian government cracked down heavily (e.g. the UK ambassador to Iran was arrested, teargas was used, people died)

There is prima facie certainly a likely link to the Iranian regime, flight PS752, and possibly the work Elnaz' ex-husband was doing. Let's guess for a minute he was involved in something top secret for the government, and he dies - suspicious or not - if it's valuable enough, then there is a chance his wife would also have some knowledge.

This story is reminiscent of the Khashoggi story in Istanbul; a foreign government using covert methods to intimidate, trap and kill enemies of the state who have fled to safer, democratic countries.

Well, that doesn't look like a white SUV!

Am I the only person to suspect that the 'abducted by three black guys of no description', story might not be quite just so?

I think it looks exactly like a white Lexus SUV. Here's a pic of a 2016 model. See how the rear lights wrap around to the side? And the black accent colour that separates the roof from the rear panel above the wheels?

Attachments

• 2016 white lexus suv.jpg
    2016 white lexus suv.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 24
^ What some people go through, it's appalling.
Out of several Iranian friends I have, one, who has a PhD in Oriental medicine, had a harrowing escape through wilderness and mountains when the Shah fell, and Khomeini came to power. She nearly lost her life.
It nearly seems worse now.

Elnaz's case is eerily similar to that of Maria Del Socorro Maldonado Ambriz, 39, who was kidnapped out of her home and tragically murdered on the 29th January.

Both women looked very similar, and more disturbingly: both were bakers.

It may be nothing; it may be something but I thought it was just worth us all keeping an eye out for similar crimes in case this is the start of some horrific pattern...
Just off the top of my head speculation, the murder in Fort Wayne might be gang related, particularly a protection racket. This is an ongoing problem in Mexico, the gang may make a public example of someone who doesn't pay up, or who goes to police, in order to force the other businesses to comply. "Everyone interviewed at the strip mall said they were too afraid to speak out publicly on the shocking shooting of Ambriz around 5:15 p.m. Saturday." ‘Unbelievable’: Grisly killing of Fort Wayne mother shakes community | WANE 15

Lots of violent gangs in Indiana. Not so many in Toronto. And, what kind of gang sends their toughs out in a Lexus?

JMO

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-condemns-iran-kidnapping-plot-1.6103032

US. authorities charged four Iranians Wednesday in the alleged kidnapping plot. All four accused are fugitives and are believed to be in Iran, according to U.S. authorities.

The three individuals allegedly targeted in Canada were not identified in the U.S. indictment and no reference was made to their respective professions.

The indictment says that all of the individuals targeted in the kidnapping plot had been critical of Iran

Family members in Canada who have criticized Iran's government after losing their loved ones in the downing of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 have reported to Canadian authorities over the past year that they've been targeted with threats and intimidation — and they blame Tehran.

Victims' families have reported phone calls, online threats, and families being approached, CBC News has reported.

Is this why Elnaz Hajtamiri was targeted?

US. authorities charged four Iranians Wednesday in the alleged kidnapping plot. All four accused are fugitives and are believed to be in Iran, according to U.S. authorities.

The three individuals allegedly targeted in Canada were not identified in the U.S. indictment and no reference was made to their respective professions.

The indictment says that all of the individuals targeted in the kidnapping plot had been critical of Iran

Family members in Canada who have criticized Iran's government after losing their loved ones in the downing of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 have reported to Canadian authorities over the past year that they've been targeted with threats and intimidation — and they blame Tehran.

Victims' families have reported phone calls, online threats, and families being approached, CBC News has reported.

Except that, the plot was to lure people, of their own free will, to return to Iran, where they would then be kidnapped.

IMO, it hasn't yet come to foreign governments actually kidnapping people in other countries. It's an international diplomatic incident if they do.

What this case reminds me of, is the abduction of Wanzen Lu, a Chinese student in Toronto in 2019. Three men attacked him and forced him into a vehicle. A ransom demand was written, presumably intended for his father, though it's not clear whether it was delivered. It seems he escaped from the vehicle and showed up in the dark on a rural road. I believe all the conspirators have been caught. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/wanzhen-lu-case-sentencing-1.5185403

It's not a complete parallel, as Lu was downtown when kidnapped, and he had allegedly posted about his opulent lifestyle on facebook. However, it would be interesting to know whether Elnaz's family are wealthy.

JMO

If the hat fits. This is a bit too close to be overlooked I think.

Welcome to Ws @robdawg925, thank you for the update!
From link..
''Police have arrested a man as part of an investigation into a woman's abduction in Wasaga Beach, Ont., last month, CBC News has learned.

Montreal resident Mohamad Lilo, 34, was taken into custody on Jan. 21 and charged with criminal harassment, according to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP). He was released on bail on Jan. 25 and is set to appear virtually in a Collingwood, Ont., court on Feb. 22.''

Last edited:
th

rbbm.
Police charge ex-boyfriend of woman abducted in Wasaga Beach with criminal harassment – Canada News (canada-news.ca)
''Sources say Lilo is the former boyfriend of Hajtamiri, who also goes by the last name Tamiri, and that the two broke up last October.

The sources also say the alleged criminal harassment occurred in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

As part of his bail conditions, Lilo is prohibited from being in Wasaga Beach.

CBC News has reached out to Lilo but has yet to receive a response.''

''The same cousin told CBC News that Hajtamiri had reason to believe she was being watched at the time after tracking devices were found on a car she had been leasing.

Sources this week told CBC News there was a witness in the car with Hajtamiri at the time of the December attack, and that the witness has told police one of the attackers recorded the beating on their phone.

Meanwhile, a family spokesperson said Wednesday that Hajtamiri’s family has now hired Tom Klatt, a private investigator who previously worked with the Toronto Police Service. The family has also retained former Crown prosecutor Devin Bains to look into the case.''

Last edited:
Police charge ex-boyfriend of woman abducted in Wasaga Beach with criminal harassment – Canada News
The same article repeats the information that the first attack back in December was done with frying pans. She was beaten over the head so badly that she needed 35 to 40 stitches. I can only imagine how much blood there must’ve been. I wonder if he ( or they) thought he killed her first time?

An attack using a frying pan as a potential murder weapon suggests to me that the person who is doing beating might have had misogynistic ideas about “a woman’s place.” As I understand it, that attack took place in a parking garage, not somewhere you would find a heavy frying pan just laying around.

Thinking on a completely different track it also occurred to me that the people who beat her in the parking garage could have been women. No matter who it was I will be shocked if it wasn’t orchestrated by whoever was stalking her- allegedly, the ex-boyfriend. MOO

Police charge ex-boyfriend of woman abducted in Wasaga Beach with criminal harassment – Canada News
The same article repeats the information that the first attack back in December was done with frying pans. She was beaten over the head so badly that she needed 35 to 40 stitches. I can only imagine how much blood there must’ve been. I wonder if he ( or they) thought he killed her first time?

An attack using a frying pan as a potential murder weapon suggests to me that the person who is doing beating might have had misogynistic ideas about “a woman’s place.” As I understand it, that attack took place in a parking garage, not somewhere you would find a heavy frying pan just laying around.

Thinking on a completely different track it also occurred to me that the people who beat her in the parking garage could have been women. No matter who it was I will be shocked if it wasn’t orchestrated by whoever was stalking her- allegedly, the ex-boyfriend. MOO
To think they also recorded the attack, hmmm- female frying pan attackers would not be surprising! imo, speculation.

To think they also recorded the attack, hmmm- female frying pan attackers would not be surprising! imo, speculation.

Exactly! Perhaps someone who didn’t physically participate in the attack wanted proof that it happened. Or perhaps the orchestrator got some sick thrill from watching it happen over and over and over again on his little phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back