CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/holly-hamilton-search-1.5432951

Is this not the exact same story as Emma's? The call home, the paranoia? The going missing the next day?
A poster on Holly's thread had also noted the coincidence..
CANADA - Canada - Holly Ellsworth-Clark, 27, Hamilton ON, 11 Jan 2020

Also not unlike MB..
Woman Goes Missing After Telling Family She’s Scared
''Woman Goes Missing After Telling Family She’s Scared''
''Marilyn Bergeron’s personality was noticeably different, but she refused to tell others what had happened.''

CANADA - Canada - Marilyn Bergeron, 24, Loretteville, QC, 17 Feb 2008

Last edited:
Nov 08, 2018 by Laurie Weir
Fresh lead in six-year-old cold case of missing Perth woman, Emma Fillipoff, prompts new search of Victoria in December
Emma_Fillipoff___Super_Portrait.jpg

Emma Fillipoff has been missing for almost six years. There is a new lead in the case that will take volunteers to Victoria where she was last seen in November, 2012. - Submitted/Help Find Emma Team

34101178_1541017119456936_r___Super_Portrait.jpg

The proposed search areas in Victoria: Craigflower bridge, Gorge Waterway, Railroad tracks from Victoria West to Colwood, the Galloping Goose Trail, Portage Park and Inlet, Goldstream Park, and Thetis lake.

"Emma Fillipoff of Perth has been missing almost six years, and to this day, her mother, Shelley, hasn’t had a moment’s peace, but a new tip in her child’s disappearance may help locate the now 32-year-old once and for all.

Emma was last seen in Victoria, B.C., on Nov. 28, 2012 at age 26. She will be 33 in January."
"The prepaid credit card she purchased on the morning she disappeared was used five days later at a gas station in Colwood, BC.

Now, a witness, known only as William, has reached out to Shelley via email to tell her that he had given Emma a ride early the following morning.

William said that Emma was headed in the direction of Colwood, still shoeless, at 5:15 a.m. on Nov. 29, 2012."
“I keep Emma spiritually with me at all times. She lives in my heart. I don’t get any particular feelings at any given time, it’s just like Emma travels with me all the time. She is in my heart, she’s in my mind, and she’s in my soul.”

"In her gut, Fillipoff said she feels Emma is alive, but she’s not well and for whatever reason, she’s not able to contact her family."
"Anyone with information on Emma Fillipoff’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Victoria police non-emergency line at 250-995-7654 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

Would really like to know how much this man was questioned. He kept Emma in his heart for 6 years but didn't think , in all that time, to tell her family about giving her a lift ?

Also, was the credit card used to buy petrol or for other items ?

A poster on Holly's thread had also noted the coincidence..
CANADA - Canada - Holly Ellsworth-Clark, 27, Hamilton ON, 11 Jan 2020

Also not unlike MB..
Woman Goes Missing After Telling Family She’s Scared
''Woman Goes Missing After Telling Family She’s Scared''
''Marilyn Bergeron’s personality was noticeably different, but she refused to tell others what had happened.''

CANADA - Canada - Marilyn Bergeron, 24, Loretteville, QC, 17 Feb 2008

seriously bizarre!

There is always hope!
Man missing for eight years, family finds him in Victoria
February 4, 2020
''For eight gut-wrenching years, Dan Thanh Vo’s family thought he was dead.

Then, in November, came the stunning news: Dan, living with severe mental illness, had been found on the streets in Victoria, half a continent away from where he had disappeared.''

''After all those lonely years of sleeping in Chinatown doorways, eating out of garbage cans, being stabbed and beaten, and trying to cope with untreated schizophrenia in a friendless world, a lack of identification documents has grounded him here, unable to fly home.''

''It was around the end of 2000 that Dan’s behaviour began to change. At one point, he told his brother Dan Tam Vo — whom we’ll call Vo — that he was hearing voices in his head. Dan went missing for a long period, then called from the West Coast. The family brought him back to Toronto, only to have him disappear again. “We looked for him everywhere,” Vo said. Dan emerged in Montreal.''

He had gone first to Vancouver, where he spent a few months in a shelter, and then Victoria. “It’s better for me to be here because Vancouver is so big,” Dan says. When you carry all your possessions on your back, a compact community is better.

In Victoria, his untreated schizophrenia left him unable to organize his life, but still able to function well enough to survive without attracting too much attention. He was a fixture in Chinatown, and police were aware of him, but for some reason the Toronto missing-person file never popped up.''

Hi everyone,

New member here and i thought I would share something ive come across, just want to note im not sure what this info is exactly, just a curious and concerned Aussie who only became aware of Emma's case a couple months ago. Ive linked a video of an interview of one of Victoria's homeless youth. Came across it today. Video is 2 years old although not sure when filmed. The bloke mentions a group who somewhat "prey" on the eccentric and vulnerable homeless/addicts in the area, almost like a game. He seems to be of sound mind and healthy mentalising but ofcourse i do not know full context/story or who he even is. Not sure if something of value, maybe contacting the youtuber or trying to find the bloke will be worth trying for more context. Please pardon any ignorance i am far from local. My intention is just to help and try turn any stone, and just some things stuck out to me in this video. Mainly the mention of paranoia and the potential physical harm as well as mental. Not sure what to really take from it but could be something that scared Emma outta there and she's been elsewhere since, or it could have ended in a very serious way. Sounds bloody disturbing enough this group true or not. Hopefully it really is nothing but Thaddius (i think that's his name) seems quite serious about this "superhero group" and their negative intentions. Says quite early on in the video he was in Vic for a year and a half roughly so about 2016? They could be operating from a while ago if such a group exists. Personally couldnt find any group/forum or anything really that sounded like what was described. Main times of my interest are at 3:10 to 10:45, then again at 22:30 to 23:30. My thoughts are that this supposed group or whoever did target Emma maybe, due to her individuality and beauty perhaps as well as her vulnerability/mental state, for what motive not sure. Once again please pardon any ignorance and delete if inappropriate. Everything is moo. Just hope she is found. My heart goes out to her family and friends. Emma reminds me of so many good mates I have and have had and her story touched me from Victoria BC all the way to Melbourne, Victoria. Much love and you're all awesome for what you do. Good onyas.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

New member here and i thought I would share something ive come across, just want to note im not sure what this info is exactly, just a curious and concerned Aussie who only became aware of Emma's case a couple months ago. Ive linked a video of an interview of one of Victoria's homeless youth. Came across it today. Video is 2 years old although not sure when filmed. The bloke mentions a group who somewhat "prey" on the eccentric and vulnerable homeless/addicts in the area, almost like a game. He seems to be of sound mind and healthy mentalising but ofcourse i do not know full context/story or who he even is. Not sure if something of value, maybe contacting the youtuber or trying to find the bloke will be worth trying for more context. Please pardon any ignorance i am far from local. My intention is just to help and try turn any stone, and just some things stuck out to me in this video. Mainly the mention of paranoia and the potential physical harm as well as mental. Not sure what to really take from it but could be something that scared Emma outta there and she's been elsewhere since, or it could have ended in a very serious way. Sounds bloody disturbing enough this group true or not. Hopefully it really is nothing but Thaddius (i think that's his name) seems quite serious about this "superhero group" and their negative intentions. Says quite early on in the video he was in Vic for a year and a half roughly so about 2016? They could be operating from a while ago if such a group exists. Personally couldnt find any group/forum or anything really that sounded like what was described. Main times of my interest are at 3:10 to 10:45, then again at 22:30 to 23:30. My thoughts are that this supposed group or whoever did target Emma maybe, due to her individuality and beauty perhaps as well as her vulnerability/mental state, for what motive not sure. Once again please pardon any ignorance and delete if inappropriate. Everything is moo. Just hope she is found. My heart goes out to her family and friends. Emma reminds me of so many good mates I have and have had and her story touched me from Victoria BC all the way to Melbourne, Victoria. Much love and you're all awesome for what you do. Good onyas.

Welcome to Ws axana, thanks for the interesting post!

November 12, 2020
'I will never give up': November 28 marks 8 years of searching for Emma Fillipoff
''There is never a day when Perth’s Shelley Fillipoff doesn’t think about her missing daughter, Emma.

“I will never give up looking for her. I can’t. I won’t,” Fillipoff told the Perth Courier on Nov. 11.''
Marking the eight years that Emma has been missing is unfathomable for Fillipoff.

“I miss her more with each passing moment,” she said. “I’m consumed by loss … I get through my days. I feel her in me. She’s always there with everything I do.”

Emma_Fillipoff.jpg

''She said thinking about her daughter can give her a warm feeling, but “usually it just gives me a feeling of fear. I know that something is terribly wrong and she’s in some kind of trouble. She needs me, and I wonder how often she’s said, ‘Why hasn’t Mom come to help me?’ I’m doing the best I can. I don’t know what else I can do.”

“Emma would age well, but depending on what has happened to her, she could very well have changed … she is such a chameleon. Smiling, non-smiling, short hair, bangs, braids – she has so many looks.”

Hi everyone,

Awesome find but hopefully not a possibility. That's just horrifying.

I read an article regarding the B.C murders last summer that suggested some people may have possibly targeted other vulnerable persons in that area who have since been listed as missing. This is all speculation and not my own opinion, just sharing what I read.

Also a sidenote: The man mentioned in the article was apparently known to walk long distances around the island, something I read that Emma also enjoyed doing. Not that I am saying Emma was a vulnerable person in the classic sense however, being a young woman mostly on her own, being an open and friendly person could make her vulnerable to certain types of people.

Time to revisit disappearances in hometown of B.C. killing suspects, says homicide expert

"One of those people is Brandon Cairney, who has a brain injury resulting from a car accident when he was 19. The 31-year-old has been missing since September 2017 and was known to walk long distances along the highways near the small city of 17,000 on the south end of Vancouver Island."

"Being vulnerable, suggests Arntfield, means the three were more likely to be the victims of violence."

“When you see a wide range of convenient victims of opportunity, it’s clear that’s the motive you’re dealing with, versus young females and a sexual motive.”

FWIW

Hi everyone,

I did a little digging around from this interview and found the following:

https://shifthappens.media/shows/social/homeless-in-victoria/

we later found out from his father that he is struggling with schizophrenia. Thaddeus gave us a peek into his mind, his demons and his circumstances. Thaddeus is lost in a world of superheros and villains – but he’s trying to do the right thing and he’s grappling with his awareness that some of what he’s perceiving might be delusion. His family is hoping that he’ll find a way through and come back to them. ... After posting this interview we were contacted by Thaddeus’ father who wanted to let us know that they have made contact with him and are trying to help”.

I wish they could find the creep who was taking down her missing flyers. When I see that video I get a weird feeling in my gut. I’ve seen people take down flyers of missing people before at a corner gas station I was working. Once a co worker asked why they were doing it and they said “i know so-so he’s not missing he wants a start over.” So the co worker did end up contacting the police and the police found the guy cuz he used credit card and he told the police where his friend was wanting to go to start over, the police found the missing guy safe and had a pretty successful life and new family of his own. That was a happy ending. Unfortunately there’s not as many of them as there should be. With Emma’s case I felt that something was off right away after hearing about her card and phone situation and everything else.. her mom wants answers and I would try my hardest to get them too if I were in that situation, Emma ment soo much to her. Let’s hope we get closer to closure, answers, and justice for Emma and her momma

Help Find Emma Fillipoff | We need your help
''EMMA FILLIPOFF HAS BEEN Missing from Victoria, B.C. Canada since Nov. 28, 2012

EMMA'S PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION AT TIME OF DISAPPEARANCE
Height: 5'5
Weight: 90-110 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Light brown. Likes to wear knitted hats
Striking features: Tan complexion, unusually long hair
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None. Has had ears pierced in the past.

FACTS oF EMMA'S DISAPPEARANCE
Emma was last seen in the immediate vicinity of the Empress Hotel between 7:00-8:00pm on Nov 28th 2012.

Her red Mazda MPV 1...993 van was found in the Chateau Victoria parking lot with almost all her belongings in it, including her passport, library card, digital camera, clothes, a pillow, assorted ornaments, laptop, and recently-borrowed library books.

In emotional distress; fragile and vulnerable.''

This case is etched in my memory, typified by Emma's photo wearing the white knitted touque.

My partner and I clearly remember encountering Emma twice in the same day near Inner Harbor, late in the Summer of 2012. The first time she walked passed us by the ice cream stand located at the southern corner of the causeway. The second time, near sunset, she was sitting on the pavement of Government St against the granite retaining-wall behind which is the Inner-Harbour Pathway and facing the Empress Hotel; she was panhandling. I recall my partner commenting how pretty she was, but how melancholic her eyes looked. Too, she was wearing a touque in the heat of the summer, and we thought that was strange.

Weeks later we noticed her poster taped to some post around the Harbour. To this day, we remain sorrowful that Emma has not been found, given the fact that one day she was right there, in plain sight for everyone to see, and another day she's disappeared. We hope for good news.

After listening the Vanished Podcast featuring Emma's case, I came here hoping for a resolution for her family. This case is so bizarre.

Awesome find but hopefully not a possibility. That's just horrifying.

I read an article regarding the B.C murders last summer that suggested some people may have possibly targeted other vulnerable persons in that area who have since been listed as missing. This is all speculation and not my own opinion, just sharing what I read.

Also a sidenote: The man mentioned in the article was apparently known to walk long distances around the island, something I read that Emma also enjoyed doing. Not that I am saying Emma was a vulnerable person in the classic sense however, being a young woman mostly on her own, being an open and friendly person could make her vulnerable to certain types of people.

Time to revisit disappearances in hometown of B.C. killing suspects, says homicide expert

"One of those people is Brandon Cairney, who has a brain injury resulting from a car accident when he was 19. The 31-year-old has been missing since September 2017 and was known to walk long distances along the highways near the small city of 17,000 on the south end of Vancouver Island."

"Being vulnerable, suggests Arntfield, means the three were more likely to be the victims of violence."

“When you see a wide range of convenient victims of opportunity, it’s clear that’s the motive you’re dealing with, versus young females and a sexual motive.”

FWIW
This is a good point. I’ve heard retired FBI profiler Jim Clemente refer to such areas — those that attract a large number of vulnerable people, and therefore, criminals use as their hunting ground — as a “Target Rich” area. I think he even wrote an episode of Criminal Minds by the same name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back