GUILTY Canada - Guang Hua Liu, 41, found dismembered in Toronto area, 10 Aug 2012

Very scary is right, I live maybe an hour from here. I couldn't imagine living any closer.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...arch-for-more-body-parts-in-mississauga-park/
The search area extends all the way downstream to Lake Ontario.

The Ontario Provincial Police were supposed to help with an aerial search since Peel police do not have a helicopter themselves, but Const. Tudos said the OPP appear to be tied up with other matters. Peel police have also approached other police agencies to outsource cadaver dogs because their own have been working long hours under a lot of pressure.

Const. Tudos acknowledged the river begins a long distance away in the north near Caledon, and that adverse weather at the top could affect their search.

“It can be negative making it hard for our officers to manoeuvre through the waters. But it also can benefit as well. With the water rising, it may be able to throw items downstream. So, it can work in both ways,” he said

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...arch-for-more-body-parts-in-mississauga-park/
The search area extends all the way downstream to Lake Ontario.

The Ontario Provincial Police were supposed to help with an aerial search since Peel police do not have a helicopter themselves, but Const. Tudos said the OPP appear to be tied up with other matters. Peel police have also approached other police agencies to outsource cadaver dogs because their own have been working long hours under a lot of pressure.

Const. Tudos acknowledged the river begins a long distance away in the north near Caledon, and that adverse weather at the top could affect their search.

“It can be negative making it hard for our officers to manoeuvre through the waters. But it also can benefit as well. With the water rising, it may be able to throw items downstream. So, it can work in both ways,” he said

Ugh. It shouldn't be this difficult to secure a helicopter for something so serious! And this comes on the heels of major cutbacks to the Toronto police force. I sure hope they'll be able to relieve those dogs, they certainly work hard and it's hot out there!

Ugh. It shouldn't be this difficult to secure a helicopter for something so serious! And this comes on the heels of major cutbacks to the Toronto police force. I sure hope they'll be able to relieve those dogs, they certainly work hard and it's hot out there!

I think if this were a missing persons case in the area they’d be able to secure a helicopter toute-de-suite. LE possibly feels that a ground/river search on foot would be more productive (just guessing though). Given that there was virtually no rain for a month+ until last week and that the Credit River is very twisty-turny, the entry point into the water for the body parts probably isn’t very far away from where they were discovered. :moo:

Wonder if the police are checking utube and other online media to see if
someone filmed this and posted it.

Hands are both the left and right as per CP24.

More important evidence to this case was found a bit further down river as per live CP24. This new evidence has not been revealed yet.

It's one thing to murder someone (a horrible thing), but I always feel like it brings a whole new dimension to the crime when the victim is dismembered. Imagine the frame of mind someone would have to be in to be able to do that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back