GUILTY Canada - Guang Hua Liu, 41, found dismembered in Toronto area, 10 Aug 2012

http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...scour-mississauga-park-after-body-parts-found

Police also said there may be more found.

"Our officers have indicated to our forensic people that it's possible that something may be located downstream. I'm not in a position to confirm whether or not that is a body, or what part of the evidence it may consist of," Sgt. Brandwood said.

Investigators said that the discovery was made in an area that is hard to get to, so we may have to wait a little while before finding out what it is.

Earlier Friday, police said there is no reason to believe there is any link between the body parts and the Luka Magnotta case

I think if this were a missing persons case in the area they’d be able to secure a helicopter toute-de-suite. LE possibly feels that a ground/river search on foot would be more productive (just guessing though). Given that there was virtually no rain for a month+ until last week and that the Credit River is very twisty-turny, the entry point into the water for the body parts probably isn’t very far away from where they were discovered. :moo:

Perhaps Toronto area posters can comment, but I understand that there was a pretty severe thunderstorm earlier this week with torrential downpour. I had a business meeting scheduled with people driving from T.O. and they were late because the storm created a delay.

Would this storm would have been significant enough to dislodge some of the body parts and take them downstream?

Now that several body parts have been found I am somewhat relieved (if that is at all possible at this point) that none of the parts are 'duplicates', which increases the probability that they belong to only one poor soul.

I hope this case is solved quickly. :(

Wondering if wearing yellow (gold) nails was a fan supporting a sports team, which seems to be popular trend in Pittsburgh and black and gold for the Hamilton (Ont.)Tigercats...

Perhaps Toronto area posters can comment, but I understand that there was a pretty severe thunderstorm earlier this week with torrential downpour. I had a business meeting scheduled with people driving from T.O. and they were late because the storm created a delay.

Would this storm would have been significant enough to dislodge some of the body parts and take them downstream?

Now that several body parts have been found I am somewhat relieved (if that is at all possible at this point) that none of the parts are 'duplicates', which increases the probability that they belong to only one poor soul.

I hope this case is solved quickly. :(

There has been lots of storms and rain over the last couple weeks so it would be quite possible

Wondering if wearing yellow (gold) nails was a fan supporting a sports team, which seems to be popular trend in Pittsburgh and black and gold for the Hamilton (Ont.)Tigercats...

Wearing bright coloured nails seems to be a bit of a trend of teenage girls lately so my Grandaughter says and we live only about an hour away from Mississauga

She normally changes colours every day or so.

Wearing bright coloured nails seems to be a bit of a trend of teenage girls lately so my Grandaughter says and we live only about an hour away from Mississauga

She normally changes colours every day or so.

Yep, yellow has been a hot nail colour for awhile. We haven't heard about the fingernails yet and if they were painted so I will suppose they weren't.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...e-no-link-to-missing-brampton-girl-police-say
Even though police have the victim’s head, they said the face and even the woman’s skin colour likely aren’t identifiable because of decomposition and the rocks and water the parts have encountered.

Officers do not know yet where or how the victim died. It is possible the victim was killed in the park, or elsewhere, police said.

Unresolved missing persons cases from Peel region are being investigated in relation to the case first. If none of those cases are linked, police will move on to missing people in other areas nearby

Just an observation: I'm surprised the nail polish lasted that long considering they think the body is a few weeks old. She must have either gotten a good pedicure right before she was killed, or she used 2+ coats of high quality nail polish that somehow survived the elements/exposure (especially immersion in water)..
I know when I paint my toes it usually doesn't last longer than 2.5 weeks, without chipping away to almost nothing especially on my smaller toes.

Just an observation: I'm surprised the nail polish lasted that long considering they think the body is a few weeks old. She must have either gotten a good pedicure right before she was killed, or she used 2+ coats of high quality nail polish that somehow survived the elements/exposure (especially immersion in water)..
I know when I paint my toes it usually doesn't last longer than 2.5 weeks, without chipping away to almost nothing especially on my smaller toes.

It could've been shellac nail polish, which is SUPER popular right now. I've had it done and it lasts like iron for weeks. You're supposed to go back to salon to have it removed. There has also been a huge influx of home shellac kits in the last couple of months. It works by setting the nail polish under a UV light.

This young lady has been missing almost 2 months, since june 26th.

Could still be her. She looks very well put together, with nice makeup. If there's a "type" to wear bright yellow nail polish, she seems to fit the mould. The perp could've been holding her for a while before she was killed or there's the possibility she knew she was in some trouble, tried to disappear, but was more recently located by the perp. Just brainstorming here, since we have so little info.

I wonder how they would know that for certain? Was there any info released on how she was ruled out?

There had been initial fears that the body parts found in the Mississauga park could belong to the girl, who has been missing since August 3.

Earlier, one of her relatives spoke with CityNews about a telltale sign on one of the body parts found that had them alarmed.

There had been initial fears that the body parts found in the Mississauga park could belong to the girl, who has been missing since August 3.

Earlier, one of her relatives spoke with CityNews about a telltale sign on one of the body parts found that had them alarmed.

Hmm, a tattoo maybe?

http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/1485605--update-orangeville-girl-still-missingOther than ruling out a connection to alleged killer Luka Rocco Magnotta and a missing person case involving 16-year-old Brampton girl Mila Johnson on Friday (Aug. 17), Const. George Tudos, Peel police spokesperson, said police are investigating all leads. He noted Peel police will continue searching further north along the Credit River, beyond its jurisdiction, “as soon as we exhaust all our resources" in the Mississauga park where the body parts turned up.
“We’re not getting into specifics of which (missing persons) cases we’re looking into, and which ones we aren’t,” Tudos said. “We’re reaching out to other agencies and all missing persons within other jurisdictions, as well as our own.”
Carrio is described as a black female, 5’5 tall, 110 lbs, with short curly black hair and slim build. Carrio left her residence wearing a pink “Hello Kitty” shirt, black hooded sweatshirt and neon orange jogging pants.
Through their investigation, Orangeville police have learned Carrio, who has also been known to use the name “Alicia," has family ties to Brampton. She has also resided in Windsor and London at various times.
Concerned for Carrio’s safety, police are urging anybody who may have seen or heard from her to contact the Orangeville Police Service by calling 519-941-2522, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. Information can also be left online at crimestopperssdm.com.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back