CANADA Canada - Janis Ozollapa, 50, Oakville, Ont, 30 Sept 2014

Thanks for the link sillybilly. The sketch does bear a resemblance. I can't imagine however, that when there is an open MP case, they wouldn't check the body against any of those. I would be shocked if they didn't have a way and a will to do that immediately when an unknown body is found. I sure hope that isn't the case!

I found it interesting when the article said: "The last body on her office’s database to be identified was of a man who had hanged himself in Peel Region. He turned out to be from Latvia."

That made me wonder if JO's body *has* been found. Surely MSM would have reported it? The sheer silence has me wondering. I will see if I can find him listed on any of the 'MP' websites? It has been *months* since we've had an update.

ETA: The only thing I can find in relation to that other body, is an unknown young man found dead in February in Mississauga under suspicious circumstances, but it was deemed that he froze to death (even though his head was bashed in??), and he is not from Latvia (I believe he was from India??). I'm assuming that can't be the same person being referred to above??
http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...dead-behind-popular-nightclub-froze-to-death/

I wonder if Janis has been ruled as being this UID in Windsor. IMO, there is a strong resemblance between JO and the artist sketch:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/thi...und+dead+trail+last+month/10978862/story.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...on-contractor-missing-since-sept-30-1.2825177

It should be noted that even brown-eyed individuals can be observed to have blue or grey eyes after death.

The resemblance is striking...Janis had gray eyes that look blue in some photos. Have you contacted them, sillybilly?

The resemblance is striking...Janis had gray eyes that look blue in some photos. Have you contacted them, sillybilly?

Yes, I called and left a voicemail message for Const. Drouillard who is named in The Province article about the UID. Left JO's name and the contact number for the investigators in charge of JO's file. I doubt they will need to call me for anything further, so for now I guess it's just sit and wait.

Just a question for those more familiar with disappearances. Is eight months with no results a typical timeline for missing persons?

Just a question for those more familiar with disappearances. Is eight months with no results a typical timeline for missing persons?

I'm not aware of any statistics on that JayFriend, but generally the more time goes by, the less hope there is of finding an MP alive. LE indicated fairly early on in JO's case that he may be the victim of foul play.

Bumping, there is a brief mention of Janis O. in this article concerning another missing person from the Halton Region, Helen Robertson..

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6782737-still-missing-where-is-helen-robertson-/
Halton Police lists 15 missing persons cases on their website. Until Robertson, the most recent had been 50-year old Janis Ozollapa in September 2014. He was last seen at his workplace in Oakville. But the cases go back to April 1967, when 10-year old Marianne Schuett was believed abducted during a short walk home from Kilbride Public School in north Burlington.

Barr said they will never stop posting those cases.

"They are all open files."

Anyone with information should call police at 905-825-4747 ext. 2305.

Open files, yes, but how much effort is being expended on resolving them?

I didn't catch that, but see it in a CBC report. Neither Rose or Harris is her married name. Maiden name? Former married name? Maybe it's her middle name.

She is a very strange person. I still can't figure out what it was that made me feel that way when I hung out with her but something has never added up not just with her and JO but many things. Even her previous relationship. She is not an ordinary person.

I didn't say that JO used to live in Tottenham.... I was agreeing with you that it was very strange for someone to have a business and yet the public is unable to find one shred of advertising for that business.. and further... (BBM):

So I'm still finding this to be very peculiar... IF in fact JO used to do the same type of work and business when he lived in Orangeville, as he was doing when he went missing. I'm finding it peculiar that JO's business would have such a similar 'business name' to another same-type-of-business, who also advertises renovations to be performed in the same city (Orangeville) and surrounding area of where JO apparently used to live. The other fellow has been operating since 2013. JO disappeared on September 30, 2014. I also have to admit that I find it peculiar in regard to the *other*, similarly-named business, given all of the credentials he publicizes, and considering all of the photos he has posted of peoples' homes, that the other fellow only discloses his first-name, and not his last-name. If one is trying to establish and grow a business, and obviously it is associated with a 'person' who actually does the work, one might suppose the person would want his full-name to be known?

I understand that businesses often will have same or similar names, however, when the businesses are so close in proximity, and when the businesses are doing the exact same thing, and when the one's business seems to be operating in the same general area as where JO lived prior to moving to Halton... it all just seems odd. It *seems* like this Josh fellow who is the owner of 'OakLeaf Carpentry' is trying to do all the right things.. like holding insurance, being WSIB certified, and having obtained his red seal certificate.. so one might wonder why he would choose a name SO similar to another business doing same thing in same area. If he had obtained any type of business counselling at all, tht would have been one of the first things they would have advised against.. not only for confusion reasons, but also for potential future liability reasons.

Do we know when it was that JO and his wife, whether she is Patricia Rose, or Patricia Harris, or Patricia Ozollapa, moved to Halton, and why? Do we know what JO did for a living prior to moving to Halton? If one has an established business that is mostly based on that one individual owner's hands-on participation and daily work, why would one move 2 hours away? Wouldn't that be like starting all over again with the business?

Just thinking out loud.

I know her as Patricia Harris. I am not sure of those other names. Really weird that there are so many.

I didn't say that JO used to live in Tottenham.... I was agreeing with you that it was very strange for someone to have a business and yet the public is unable to find one shred of advertising for that business.. and further... (BBM):

So I'm still finding this to be very peculiar... IF in fact JO used to do the same type of work and business when he lived in Orangeville, as he was doing when he went missing. I'm finding it peculiar that JO's business would have such a similar 'business name' to another same-type-of-business, who also advertises renovations to be performed in the same city (Orangeville) and surrounding area of where JO apparently used to live. The other fellow has been operating since 2013. JO disappeared on September 30, 2014. I also have to admit that I find it peculiar in regard to the *other*, similarly-named business, given all of the credentials he publicizes, and considering all of the photos he has posted of peoples' homes, that the other fellow only discloses his first-name, and not his last-name. If one is trying to establish and grow a business, and obviously it is associated with a 'person' who actually does the work, one might suppose the person would want his full-name to be known?

I understand that businesses often will have same or similar names, however, when the businesses are so close in proximity, and when the businesses are doing the exact same thing, and when the one's business seems to be operating in the same general area as where JO lived prior to moving to Halton... it all just seems odd. It *seems* like this Josh fellow who is the owner of 'OakLeaf Carpentry' is trying to do all the right things.. like holding insurance, being WSIB certified, and having obtained his red seal certificate.. so one might wonder why he would choose a name SO similar to another business doing same thing in same area. If he had obtained any type of business counselling at all, tht would have been one of the first things they would have advised against.. not only for confusion reasons, but also for potential future liability reasons.

Do we know when it was that JO and his wife, whether she is Patricia Rose, or Patricia Harris, or Patricia Ozollapa, moved to Halton, and why? Do we know what JO did for a living prior to moving to Halton? If one has an established business that is mostly based on that one individual owner's hands-on participation and daily work, why would one move 2 hours away? Wouldn't that be like starting all over again with the business?

Just thinking out loud.

She was living with someone before and kicked him out if I am not mistaken and she was left paying all the bills. I think she had no option but I don't know because I never asked her why she moved. I think JO fixed up her house enough for her to sell it. It is possible they met through an ad ? Maybe she had him come in to fix some stuff so she could sell and they hit it off? I still find it weird though because he couldn't speak English so I have no idea how they even communicated

Dec 20 2018 rbbm
ONTARIO COLD CASE: Where is Burlington's Janis Ozollapa?
OZOLLAPA   Gallery_Super_Portrait.jpg

"It has been four years since Burlington’s Janis Ozollapa disappeared, and police appear no closer to determining his whereabouts.

The 50-year-old contractor and owner of Oak Leaf Renovation was last seen leaving a work site on Weeping Willow Drive in Oakville at approximately 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2014.

He never made it back to his Burlington home that day.

A police investigation yielded no trace of Ozollapa until Oct. 10, 2014, when a tip from the public resulted in police locating his 2002 black Chevrolet Avalanche, which featured the personalized licence plate “Ozollapa,” in a parking lot behind a business at 157 Cross Ave., opposite the Oakville GO station."

"Security camera footage taken on Oct. 1 at 5:30 a.m., shows a distant unidentified man running from the area where the truck was abandoned, toward Cornwall Road.

Ozollapa’s wife Patricia Harris said during a November 2014 interview that she doesn’t believe the man in the video is Ozollapa.

“He has a very distinct walk, and he never runs,” she said"
He is described as white, six-foot, 170 pounds, with a medium build, bald and with a goatee.

He speaks with a heavy Latvian accent.

He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans and brown Crocs.

He carried a black laptop briefcase.

Anyone with information that could assist in locating Ozollapa or who saw his vehicle prior to it being recovered is asked to contact Halton police at 905-825-4747, ext. 8760, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

Dec 20 2018 rbbm
ONTARIO COLD CASE: Where is Burlington's Janis Ozollapa?
OZOLLAPA   Gallery_Super_Portrait.jpg

"It has been four years since Burlington’s Janis Ozollapa disappeared, and police appear no closer to determining his whereabouts.

The 50-year-old contractor and owner of Oak Leaf Renovation was last seen leaving a work site on Weeping Willow Drive in Oakville at approximately 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2014.

He never made it back to his Burlington home that day.

A police investigation yielded no trace of Ozollapa until Oct. 10, 2014, when a tip from the public resulted in police locating his 2002 black Chevrolet Avalanche, which featured the personalized licence plate “Ozollapa,” in a parking lot behind a business at 157 Cross Ave., opposite the Oakville GO station."

"Security camera footage taken on Oct. 1 at 5:30 a.m., shows a distant unidentified man running from the area where the truck was abandoned, toward Cornwall Road.

Ozollapa’s wife Patricia Harris said during a November 2014 interview that she doesn’t believe the man in the video is Ozollapa.

“He has a very distinct walk, and he never runs,” she said"
He is described as white, six-foot, 170 pounds, with a medium build, bald and with a goatee.

He speaks with a heavy Latvian accent.

He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans and brown Crocs.

He carried a black laptop briefcase.

Anyone with information that could assist in locating Ozollapa or who saw his vehicle prior to it being recovered is asked to contact Halton police at 905-825-4747, ext. 8760, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."
I was just thinking about him the other day. Was hoping when I saw this thread updated that perhaps his body had finally been located. Wonder what brings this up now, considering it's not the anniversary of his disappearance or anything?

Approaching 9 years.
From link, rbbm,

''However, a couple of months after Janis’ disappearance, the case took a nefarious turn after a tip from the public was received. It pertained to a 2002 black Chevrolet Avalanche found abandoned behind an Oakville business, located at 157 Cross Ave. It had the personalized Ontario license plate: OZOLLAPA. Janis’ truck was located, but he was unaccounted for.

It was 5:30 a.m. on Oct. 1, 2014, when the surveillance camera captured the image of Janis’ truck pulling into the darkened parking lot across the street from the Oakville GO station. Moments later, the footage captured the difficult-to-decipher silhouette of an unknown person walking quickly back toward Cross Avenue, then disappearing off camera.

Based on the gait of the person captured in the video, police and Janis’ family are certain that it was not Ozollapa who parked and abandoned his truck in that Oakville parking lot.

So who is this unidentified person who drove Ozollapa’s Chevrolet Avalanche and discarded it behind 157 Cross Ave., only to flee in a hurry seconds later? Police believe someone out there holds the answer to this question that could break the case wide open.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back