CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Looks like a bunch of kids from Squamish - not sure how many would have been at the party on Bowen Island. Don't think they like the cops - typical of a lot of kids that age I think . One post stands out - GA - scary looking for sure. His post August 10 2009 is not too long after Jodi went missing on June 20th 2009. Justice for Jodi.

IHIT investigators take over case of missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson

By Ian Austin, The Province February 23, 2011 2:35 PM

On what would have been Jodi Henrickson’s 19th birthday, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team is preparing investigators to renew the search on Bowen Island for the missing Squamish teen.

Cpl. Dale Carr told The Province that his team will visit the island convinced that someone knows the answer to why the 17-year-old went missing after she attended an island house party.

“Somebody out there is holding back,” Carr said of the young woman who was last seen on Bowen Island between 6 and 7 a.m. on June 20th, 2009.

“It’ been almost two years.

“Think of if this was your daughter — wouldn’t you want that information forwarded to police?”

Read more:
http://www.theprovince.com/news/IHI...rickson/4335024/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Anyone with information is asked to call the IHIT tip line at 1-877-551-IHIT or anonymously to CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Appeal issued on Henrickson's 19th birthday
IHIT takes lead role in probe of case involving Brackendale teen's disappearance

FEBRUARY 23, 2011
DAVID BURKE DBURKE@SQUAMISHCHIEF.COM

Wednesday (Feb. 23) is or would have been Jodi Henrickson's 19th birthday, and a member of her family lamented this week that police are no closer to finding out what happened to the Brackendale teen than they were a year ago.

However, Rob James Henrickson — Jodi's older brother — on Wednesday said the fact that the Lower Mainland-based Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) has taken over the investigation of the case gives him hope that new leads will emerge and from that, perhaps a resolution of the case will result.

“Our family is optimistic with the transfer to the IHIT group will allow that new team to get a fresh look at the case,” Rob James told The Chief in a telephone interview.

More at:
http://www.squamishchief.com/articl...sh/appeal-issued-on-henricksons-19th-birthday

IHIT takes over case of missing Squamish teen

Ian Austin, The Province: Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jodi’s brother, Rob James Henrickson, said he hopes not another birthday goes by without some form of closure for the family.

“It’s the second birthday gone by, and we still don’t know anything,” said the brother. “This case isn’t going to solve itself.

“Even if it’s the smallest piece of information, that may be what’s needed.

“It wasn’t that easy to fall asleep last night.

“It’s hard to imagine what our family’s had to go through.

“If no one comes forward, our family’s going to be in this same place forever.”

More at: http://www.globalregina.com/world/IHIT+takes+over+case+missing+Squamish+teen/4335964/story.html

Missing girl now thought murdered
By QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: February 25, 2011 3:32pm

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2011/02/25/17410981.html

Thanks for keeping this case up to date, WhyaDuck?. I've often thought of Jodi and her family. I believe that a few people know what happened, but are under a 'code of silence', protecting their fellow teens/ young adults.

I hope beyond hope that this case is solved soon.

Thinking of you, Jodi.

Her older brother Rob James Henrickson has been acting as the spokesperson for the family. In the middle of the Facebook birthday notes, he wrote this message.

"Today would have been Jodi's 19th birthday, and instead of celebrating, my family and I remain completely helpless in the search for Jodi."

A cash reward of $2,000 for information leading to an arrest or charge in the case has been posted on the website for the organization Help Find My Child. Underneath it, another public message from Jodi's brother written on January 16, 2011.

"Our family now remains completely helpless, time goes by and yet we still know nothing of what happened to Jodi. Another holiday season has come and gone, and once again without Jodi, leaving something missing where Jodi's happy attitude and energy use to be.

"There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think about Jodi, and how completely helpless my family and I are in the face of all this.

"All I can do, as I have many times before, is ask that if anyone does know something, please come forward. Even if it seems like the most useless piece of information, please come forward, it may very well be the key to ending what has already gone on much too long."

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_News&content=Missing+teen+1809

That was a great article with some invaluable insights into body disposal.

Most bodies are buried in shallow graves, she says, or dumped, and in two to three weeks, in this climate, a body that's dumped will be reduced by animals and insects to a mass of decaying tissue, skin, and bones. A body that's buried, even in a shallow grave, may remain relatively intact for months, even years. "The smell from a body that's dumped disappears after about two weeks," she added, "and bodies that are buried, even in shallow graves, will likely never be detected by scent."

Killers rarely travel far with dead bodies. Kim Rossmo, a globally recognized profiler and former detective inspector with the Vancouver Police Department, has written that "a body is unlikely to be carried more than 150 feet from a vehicle. An adult body dumped in a remote area will usually be found within 50 feet of a road or trail and a child's body within 200 feet. A search following the road network will therefore be more effective and efficient than a standard grid search. A murderer carrying a dead victim is subject to time, distance, speed, and effort constraints that can be used to determine potential body dump site locations."

One interesting tidbit in that article, also, is that they believe she may have been moved a couple times since...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back