GUILTY Canada - Karissa Boudreau, 12, Bridgewater, NS, 27 Jan 2008

Welcome CC, there are links to two pages of Karissa's details at the Located threads here on the site - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59693

I hope that works, I'm not very good technically!

Take care, and I wish you well in your crusade to get more attention to Canadian cases - The more of us who post, the merrier, and hopefully the more successful we can be!

Thank you Enchanted for the link- For you fellow WS'ers~ I would not post anything else here, but at the link above. It is the original thread. I will PM a mod to have them merge threads- The other thread has a lot of the information in this case- Thanks

So, are the mother and mom's bf in custody still? This makes me so sick- This mom sounds like Susan Smith to a T!! I have read that they saw mom on surveilance going into the store, and Karissa still in the car. Did it show the car and WHO could have taken her? It sounds like RCMP don't have leaks in their cases as we do here in the US- Allthough I appreciate the integrity of the case, I want more details!!

For those fellow WS'ers in Canada, maybe you can answer a small question for me as I am not familar with Canadian Law? Once charges have been brought up against these two, how long will it take for them to go to trial? Do you have the DP there? Thank you in advance and thanks for keeping us up to date on the links-

Chicogirl: Once charges have been brought it could be several months to 1-2 years before it goes to trial. We do not have the death penalty in Canada.

Chicogirl: Once charges have been brought it could be several months to 1-2 years before it goes to trial. We do not have the death penalty in Canada.

Thank you Canuck- Do they have a life w/o parole? Life? I remember Karla H.'s case, and it seems like she got off easy- I hope this isnt the case in all of Canada. Do you know if if either of them is still in custody? If not, are they still living at the same apartment? I hope the community doesnt let this young girl die in vain.

you all were posting in the correct thread here. This one is for discussin the other one linked above is for information and support only. Sometimes the families of victims read here and we have asked them to not view the threads in the discussin forum because they may read some hurtful things if they do. they do understand though that we all are entitled to our opinions, and that they will most likeley be scrutinized in these types of cases. So discuss away on THIS thread!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...sa0225/BNStory/Front/home?cid=al_gam_mostview

Slain girl's mother taken to hospital
Canadian Press

February 25, 2008 at 7:31 PM EST

BRIDGEWATER, N.S. — The mother of a 12-year-old Nova Scotia girl whose body was found after an extensive two-week search was reportedly taken to hospital Monday with an undisclosed condition.

A neighbour of Penny Boudreau told CTV News she was taken to hospital early Monday.

Scott Saunders said he was home sick when he was awoken by the sound of sirens.

“She did look like she was awake but she wasn't moving,” he said.

snip

Karissa's mother's story does not make sense to me. I smell a rat.

I think we'll be hearing mom and boyfriend are arrested for Karissa's murder one day....I really think that is the direction LE is looking in, and rightfully so.

Karissa's mother's story does not make sense to me. I smell a rat.

I think we'll be hearing mom and boyfriend are arrested for Karissa's murder one day....I really think that is the direction LE is looking in, and rightfully so.

It does look like that is the direction LE is moving. They seem to be doing a very thorough and careful investigation.

Reports from neighbors that Karissa's mother and her boyfriend have been fighting and drinking since Karissa's body was found. According the the neighbor, LE was called more than once:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9005734.html

Well, if I liked the taste of alcohol I might have done a lot of that after my daughter was murdered. I can totally understand a person just numbing out the pain...at least for a while. No, it wouldn't help but I sure can understand it after being in those shoes myself. I wonder what the fighting is about?

In one of the news articles it said that Karissa and her mother had at some point after the divorce moved to the area that they live in now. And then the father talks about her wanting to live with her dad and his family and it sounds like that was what she was doing. So who did this young girl live with...mom or dad. Wonder what kind of a guy the boyfriend is?????

It does look like that is the direction LE is moving. They seem to be doing a very thorough and careful investigation.

I wonder how far from her house the store was? I thought it was strange that her body was found not far from her home but I don't know where the store is or how close to her home it is. If the store is a good distance away then it is really strange that he body ended up close to home.

Do you think that she may have never left home?

I wonder how far from her house the store was? I thought it was strange that her body was found not far from her home but I don't know where the store is or how close to her home it is. If the store is a good distance away then it is really strange that he body ended up close to home.

I can't help you with the distances, but your last sentence sums up my "working theory."

To put things in a nutshell: She wanted out of mom's house. Mom is living with a boyfriend. Mom's story of the child's disappearance makes NO sense. I hate to tell you where my mind is going, but I'm sure you can follow me. I will NEVER understand why a woman would put a man in front of her own child. But women do it, every single day.

One of the newspaper articles that came out after Karissa's body was identified had a map showing the location of Karissa's home, the store and where Karissa was found.

I will try to find it later today. I don't think the store was a good distance away. But, it was not on the same side of the river as Karissa's body and her home were.

My understanding from the articles I have read is that Karissa did live with her father for a time, but then told people she needed her mother. So she moved in with her mother and her mother's boyfriend.

I don't think she had been back with her mother long before she was killed.

I, personally, do not think Karissa went to the store. But, that is the only opinion I have about what happened.

I wonder why Penny and her boyfriend were released after they were arrested.

Did LE have a smoking gun that turned out to be a red herring? Did LE get new evidence someone besides those two (that Penny would cover for) had opportunity? Was forensic evidence found with Karissa that ending up not pointing in the direction LE thought it would after getting a warrant to test the boyfriend?

Does anyone know where Penny's boyfriend was the day Karissa was reported missing? Did he have a job?

Until there is an arrest and conclusive information, I think there are many reasonable speculations. I just so hope this case is one that gets SOLVED.

I'm praying for justice for Karissa.

Mounties to work less time on Karissa murder case

http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1041443.html

A couple of interesting statements from this article:

Police arrested two Bridgewater residents and held them in custody for 24 hours for questioning. The pair, who police say were known to Karissa, were released the next day.

No charges were laid, but police say the pair are the main suspects in the murder.

Sgt. Gallagher said investigators "are still following the same lead and following up on tips."

He said officers "think they’re on the right track, but they have no idea about a timeline for this to be over.

I wonder who the two were that they questioned? They just held them for questioning according to the article. Maybe hoping they could break one of them. Maybe friends of her mom and the boyfriend? I wonder if LE think that she disappeared from the parking lot of the store? If she wasn't at the store in the parking lot why would her mother say that????? If she lied then she is trying to cover something up..if not...why lie? I wonder if they think that someone took her or gave her a ride from the store? It's hard to get past where she was found. Maybe whoever picked her up acted like they were driving her home but stopped before they got there or drove past her home.
Lots of questions unanswered. I hope they can put whoever did this behind bars soon.

I wonder who the two were that they questioned? They just held them for questioning according to the article. Maybe hoping they could break one of them. Maybe friends of her mom and the boyfriend? I wonder if LE think that she disappeared from the parking lot of the store? If she wasn't at the store in the parking lot why would her mother say that????? If she lied then she is trying to cover something up..if not...why lie? I wonder if they think that someone took her or gave her a ride from the store? It's hard to get past where she was found. Maybe whoever picked her up acted like they were driving her home but stopped before they got there or drove past her home.
Lots of questions unanswered. I hope they can put whoever did this behind bars soon.
I don't have a link handy BUT I know that a couple of newspapers did release the names of the people arrested and let go and you were right it was the mother and her boyfriend.

I can't get past where Karissa was found either.

However, GOOD NEWS today, there are going to be charges filed very SOON according the Bridgewater police chief:

http://www.nbc6.net/news/15590790/detail.html

I will be very interested in the arrest affidavit(s). This case reminds me of a case very close to where I live where an 11 yr. old was found dead in a cemetery by her mother close to her house. The police told the people in the area not to worry and that in their opinion it was an isolated incident. (like in this case) There was a stepfather/live-in in that home too.

LE must think that the mom and her boyfriend did something to the little girl. Her being found near her home must have raised a big ole red flag to LE too.
It sounds like the mom and her boyfriend lived a pretty unstable life to say the least. I wonder if the little girl got in the way of their drinking...partying.
If they did kill this little girl I hope they pay dearly for it.

The little girl found in the cemetery...does LE think that her stepfather/mom's boyfriend had something to do with that? I wondered about him and if he had a solid alibi. I also thought that someone might have followed her from her little friend's home and offered her a ride home.

Hope both of these cases get resolved.

Her mother has been charged.

"The mother of Karissa Boudreau, a 12-year-old girl whose body was found near Bridgewater, N.S., last February, has been charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death, police said Saturday."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2008/06/14/boudreau-arrest.html

How sad.Most of us treasure the very being of our children so how could this mother harm her child? It is the other side of it when the children don;t know how to deal with aberrant behavior. This mother knew how to deal. May she rot in hell.

There is no punishment that would be sufficient enough for this crime. This poor child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back