Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks I should have said White residence ?:crazy:

Mabel said:
If it was a family member who found the body and the search has been called off, it's almost a certainty that the family knows it's her, IMO.
...i just heard on the radio that the police are retracting the earlier statement in which they said michael white had been part of the search team that discovered the body.......and it was NOT him ,or the party he was with that came across the body..

Sheesh... I guess we will have to wait for an official statement ~ because all these bits and pieces of info are not adding up.

Mabel said:
After first reading this, I was wondering what the president had to do with anything....duh :waitasec:

It sounds as if the police want to make sure that Michael White stays put.
Lol.... me too Mabel, for a split second there. Guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Yep -- it sounds like they're staking him out, just like LE did with 'ol Scotty Boy.

spygirl said:
Lol.... me too Mabel, for a split second there. Guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Yep -- it sounds like they're staking him out, just like LE did with 'ol Scotty Boy.

Here's a report from today's paper, which is a bit confusing if they think they found her yesterday:

Volunteers help search for clues

Shauna Rempel
CanWest News Service

July 18, 2005

Police are widening their search for a woman reported missing in Edmonton last week.

They have sent forensic units into the home of Liana White, which police would only say is standard procedure.

Volunteers are pressing ahead with their search, combing fields and neighbourhoods for any sign of the 29-year-old woman who went missing Tuesday morning on her way to work at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. White is four months pregnant and has a two-year-old daughter.

"If it was my family member out there lost I'd want someone out there helping to look," said Ian MacVittie, a volunteer with Parkland Search and Rescue Society.

Volunteers go through at least 100 hours of training before being made part of large-scale operations like the one set up to find White.

MacVittie and other search and rescue volunteers comb the bushes, ditches and fields around the parking lot where the woman's vehicle was found last Tuesday morning.

The area spans almost eight square kilometres and is broken into three sections -- the north, west and northwest. On Sunday, about 15 volunteers joined police to concentrate on the northwest section. So far, the search hasn't produced any solid leads.

Search manager Const. Freddy Blondel praised the volunteers, calling them a valuable asset to the investigation.

Edmonton Journal

Just an aside. There was a police vehicle parked outside the White house all night. CFRN morning news. Hmm

I drove by their home yesterday afternoon around 1 p.m. and there was no police there at that time, the body was found around 5 p.m. so, it doesn't look too good :(

now, it's raining and nasty weather out here! I sure hope that there were able to get all the evidence from the scene before the rain started!

CTVNewsnet 2 pm

Forensic team was at the 'site" until midnight last night. They have returned today. Michael White is staying at his in-laws.

Jess said:
They have returned today. Michael White is staying at his in-laws.
Wow - staying with Liana's parents... interesting:waitasec:

A lot of confusing information. Of course watching CTVNewnet-- I know it's not the most recent news cause it's not raining in the video and it's been raining here for over an hour and a half.The next local news is at 5 pm. The radio stations are probably more up to date.

Jess said:
The next local news is at 5 pm. The radio stations are probably more up to date.
Thanks Jess, we appreciate the updates :blowkiss:

Casshew said:
Wow - staying with Liana's parents... interesting:waitasec:
yeah, from the story I read that someone posted earlier, he was asked to leave his house so that the house could be investigated... at least that was what I thought was implied from what I read. I may have misunderstood what I read.

I am sure if a family member found her that they could identify her, but one article listed "remians" were found, which reminded me of Dylan Groene. Who knows if an animal got to her or how badly she was decaying. She was missing for 4 or 5 days, right?
But I would think that the autopsy was probably going ot be done to determine cause of death.

I just thought there would be more urgency on conducting the process today but I guess I should keep in mind that people die everyday and maybe the coroners are busy. :doh: Sorry, I meant no disrespect to them.
I'm just frustrated. Another pregnant woman murdered... another person murdered, period. Bugs me.

I think this might be where the rumor started that the husband may have found the body:

"
EDMONTON -- The husband of missing Edmonton woman Liana White and a team of searchers discovered a body northeast of St. Albert on Sunday evening.

"

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=19141ef5-681a-4384-9638-ca263f531949

but then at the end of the article, this is mentioned:
"White's husband, Michael, was one of the search party. But police could not say whether he found the body."

White was asked to leave his house:

"White was asked to leave his home for the duration of the search, opting to spend the night at his in-laws. The following day, the heavy-duty mechanic was still waiting to get back inside.

"They can't make a mistake. They have to cover their tails and every angle possible. Am I upset about it? Sure, but I have to support them," he said. "So we'll sit back and be relocated as much as possible so they can do their job. They can eliminate that and go a different route.

"

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/18/1136674-sun.html

CBC Newsworld is expecting an update from the Edmonton Police this hour.Maybe they'll clarify a couple of things.

Jess said:
CBC Newsworld is expecting an update from the Edmonton Police this hour.Maybe they'll clarify a couple of things.
thanks for the update. Praying for the White family and for Lianna :(

PrayersForMaura said:
thanks for the update. Praying for the White family and for Lianna :(
Yes, lets not forget them and Liana's little girl Ashley too. What a way to lose your Mommy.

Casshew said:
Yes, lets not forget them and Liana's little girl Ashley too. What a way to lose your Mommy.
oh I know! I can't even begin to think about how I woudl've felt as a little girl losing my mommy. I was sooooo attached to my mom. I would cry when she's leave for work when I was 3!! I am still a big momma's girl.

Poor little Ashley. Yes, LOTS of prayers for her.

PrayersForMaura said:
....one article listed "remians" were found, which reminded me of Dylan Groene. Who knows if an animal got to her or how badly she was decaying.
Unfortunately, it could also mean she was dismembered or otherwise maimed.

:(

Edmonton Journal + CTV reporting the husband is in custody --a police source. Was brought in Sunday night . I have heard no confirmation on tv. Posted3:14 Mountain Time

I'd post the links, but , for some reason, I can not copy the links and I am too lazy to copy them down and type them up.

Canada.com will take you to the Edmonton Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members