GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

One a group, VH states she is a university student... anyone know where and what she studied?

She claims that she is a student from 2013 - 2017 at the University of Athabasca (online learning) completing a BComm specializing in HR.

I know that we have to tread lightly on this topic so I'll do my best. I believe that if you dig around you'll actually find that the Saunders and Fillier families are actually related through marriage. Goose Bay is not a big place.

I suspect that the 6 year old charges were misreported.

Please take this down if it steps over the line. My intention to put these rumors to rest- not to stir things up.

There are two clear media links, including CBC, that identify two persons arrested for trafficking in 2008. There is no mistake regarding the names of the persons that were arrested. It is not a rumour.

http://www.thelabradorian.ca/News/2...0/Drug-seizure-in-Hopedale-nets-two-arrests/1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/trafficking-charges-laid-in-hopedale-1.750480

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't accusing anyone. The media had reported the brother as saying, he wasn't sure if Loretta had met the roommates through kijiji or her "boyfriend".[modsnip]

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't accusing anyone. The media had reported the brother as saying, he wasn't sure if Loretta had met the roommates through kijiji or her "boyfriend". In the obituary a man was listed as Loretta's partner (not her Halifax boyfriend), who has a past of being charged with drug trafficking. I wondered if he could possibly be the connection between Loretta and the accused. If this is inappropriate I apologize.

I think that's a very good question ... when the brother says "boyfriend", who is he talking about.

"Saunders, originally from Hopedale, N.L., had taken two roommates into her Halifax high-rise apartment on Cowie Hill Road to help cover her school expenses, her brother said. He is not sure if she met the renters on Kijiji, an online advertising site, or was introduced to them by her boyfriend."

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2014/0...ta-saunders-disappearance-halifax-police-say/

It's rather easy to search the information online. Initially it was reported that there was video of Loretta leaving the apartment, later it was reported that she was murdered in the apartment. There's no leap. If she was murdered in the apartment, she was not last seen leaving the apartment except when she was deceased.

Is there some question as to whether she went to the apartment to collect rent, left alone, didn't contact anyone during that time, then returned to the apartment and then she was murdered? Does that change anything?
BBM - That is a pure leap.

Because you don`t know what law enforcement has, nor do I; nor does Loretta`s brother; nor does anyone at this point--including main stream media and everyone speculating on Facebook

I see how you arrive at your speculation, but I see that that is all it is.

imo

Can you check your url link - it takes me to something unrelated in Edmonton so am not sure what link you were trying to provide.

It's the right link. This Man has a lot of family in Goose Bay. Let me re-read the rules of etiquette and then I'll post more.

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't accusing anyone. The media had reported the brother as saying, he wasn't sure if Loretta had met the roommates through kijiji or her "boyfriend". In the obituary a man was listed as Loretta's partner (not her Halifax boyfriend), who has a past of being charged with drug trafficking. I wondered if he could possibly be the connection between Loretta and the accused. If this is inappropriate I apologize.
I didn`t mean to imply that you were accusing anyone. Sorry, if that is how I came across.

BBM - Can you find the link where Loretta`s brother said he wasn`t sure if Loretta met the roommates through Kijiji or her boyfriend.

Loretta`s boyfriend, Yalcin, said that she had met the roommates through Kijiji--I have a link for that; but I have not seen where her brother said it may have been through Loretta`s boyfriend.

I don`t really want to continue this conversation about Loretta`s boyfriend, Yelcin, or the other supposed, unconfirmed boyfriend as it is against TOS.

It is my understanding that there is no link for Loretta`s brother saying she met the roommates through any boyfriend--I believe that all came from Facebook speculation, or from unfounded speculation on this thread.

So, don`t feel you have to reply; but if you can find a main stream media link to support what you are saying, you would be allowed to add it; and I would appreciate it.

Edited to add: Okay, I just saw the link.

It`s hard to say what could have been his motive for saying that. I haven`t seen anything suggesting how long it had been since he communicated with Loretta, perhaps his own conscience is bothering him. imo

It's the right link. This Man has a lot of family in Goose Bay. Let me re-read the rules of etiquette and then I'll post more.

Let me read the article first...I only skimmed it.

The article that comes up for me is "Killer lost shoes, hat as he fled police: Cops" - is this the right article - there is no mention of Goose Bay in the article that I could see.

The article that comes up for me is "Killer lost shoes, hat as he fled police: Cops" - is this the right article - there is no mention of Goose Bay in the article that I could see.

Can we link obituary pages? Not Loretta's.

Thanks for the link, Elpher50!

VH would have been about 17 at the time; so she may have told him the truth about not finishing high school.

I realize that this doesn`t mean that she never, ever completed same with a GED as a mature student.

Quote from your link: Crawford admits he does not know much about Henneberry’s past other than that she told him she had dropped out of school and was trying to find a job.

CBC link from today. There is a decent time line with pictures at the bottom of the link.

CBC: Loretta Saunders vigil draws hundreds to Parliament Hill
CBC NewsPosted: Mar 05, 2014 2:52 PM AT|Last Updated: Mar 05, 2014 4:19PM AT
Vigil organizers calling for national inquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women

Holly Jarrett, Saunders' cousin, spoke at Wednesday's vigil and said it was her cousin's disappearance that brought her and her estranged mother back together after a year of silence.

Read more and watch 2 short VIDEOS: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...l-draws-hundreds-to-parliament-hill-1.2561062

The only thing we know from all of this is that Loretta had a drug trafficking arrest in 2008. We don't know if drugs had anything to do with her association with the two suspects, but it's not out of the question.

Is there any link on the out come of those charges? I didn't see the results of the court hearing as to if Loretta got off on those charges.
Here in Ontario, the police can charge everyone occupying or "found in" when they do a raid. Sort of guilty by association. They say be very careful of the company you keep. It is quite possible to be charged with possession, but not even actually know that some one at a particular residence is even in possession of a narcotic. I am not familiar with anyone being charged as "found in" or how they faired in the judicial system. I am unsure as well if this is Canada wide or just here in Ontario. Loretta may have been charged and not have known anything about the weed in this case.
She may have been an innocent bystander. Innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Does anyone know how the free scholarships for Native Canadians works? I have a relative who just got status cards for her husband & 3 kids because they may be eligible for free post secondary education. Currently you must reside on a reserve to qualify according to this family. Is Hopedale a reserve? Just curious if Loretta qualified for one of these.

As for the $700, I thought I read that the accused moved in mid month Jan. I am wondering if they had arranged to pay rent not by the bedrooms as in half and half, but more on a per person basis or a combination of both occupying a bed room and per person? Maybe they still owed for part of January as well?

According to the last photo in that timeline it seems that they did arrive to court together on the 28th-even with the no contact order in place? Must have been a pleasant ride...

Is there any link on the out come of those charges? I didn't see the results of the court hearing as to if Loretta got off on those charges.
Here in Ontario, the police can charge everyone occupying or "found in" when they do a raid. Sort of guilty by association. They say be very careful of the company you keep. It is quite possible to be charged with possession, but not even actually know that some one at a particular residence is even in possession of a narcotic. I am not familiar with anyone being charged as "found in" or how they faired in the judicial system. I am unsure as well if this is Canada wide or just here in Ontario. Loretta may have been charged and not have known anything about the weed in this case.
She may have been an innocent bystander. Innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Does anyone know how the free scholarships for Native Canadians works? I have a relative who just got status cards for her husband & 3 kids because they may be eligible for free post secondary education. Currently you must reside on a reserve to qualify according to this family. Is Hopedale a reserve? Just curious if Loretta qualified for one of these.

As for the $700, I thought I read that the accused moved in mid month Jan. I am wondering if they had arranged to pay rent not by the bedrooms as in half and half, but more on a per person basis or a combination of both occupying a bed room and per person? Maybe they still owed for part of January as well?

I haven't searched court records to find out if Blake, Victoria or anyone else was convicted and sentenced, fined, or whether charges were stayed, suspended or what happened. I don't intend to spend time on it either.

Did Loretta give her apartment keys to a homeless freeloading male/female couple a month prior to her murder? Any thoughts on why an educated 26 year old woman would do that?

Did Loretta give her apartment keys to a homeless freeloading male/female couple a month prior to her murder? Any thoughts on why an educated 26 year old woman would do that?

This is the one thing that I am completely hung up on.

Why? What made her feel safe enough to hand over her keys? What was the connection that allowed her to feel okay with this.

Frankly, Loretta was an educated girl destined to do great things... What are we missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back