Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
He saw thick smoke rising in the bushes, and had to search for 45 minutes to find the still burning, still upright SUV.

Maybe you’re remembering this?

“When Beardy saw thick, black smoke that evening, he couldn't have guessed the charred ride represented a significant clue in the hunt for two suspects that's sent fear rippling through the region......

.....We sat here for, like, 45 minutes before anyone got here. They could have been sitting in the bush watching us," Beardy said Thursday...

....Beardy and his family were the first people to find the burning SUV linked to McLeod and Schmegelsky. He reported it to RCMP, and then Manitoba conservation officers once they became concerned the fire would spread....”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799

Well, that’s the problem with all this.

Someone who was just a fugutive from the law might not be as determined to set up false trails and leads.

As we know they were both gamers, it’s very difficult to see anything related to them as not set up to deceive.

If they DID leave that damaged boat behind on purpose as a "clue" (along with the other items), I'd have thought they would have at least TRIED to light it on fire. :D

I suspect you're right. If I'm not mistaken, they burned their car near where the road petered out anyway? Seems like from there they must have set out on foot rather than grabbing another vehicle, and the river/creek would have been the most significant thing to follow. There's an odd logic to it, but it's still a baffling decision, based on how everyone has described the terrain up there.

That baffling part for me is whether RCMP followed the creek during their search, or whether they didn't think of it as a possible route.

Also, BS father said he was very good at camouflage so both could have been in the area the whole time without being noticed.

From the description of the terrain I don't think you even need to be good at camouflage to hide there...just walk 10 feet into the bush....

Is it possible that the boys abandoned the boat once they realized the bug situation and that they were being bitten alive? Maybe they did and had to leave all their stuff behind as they couldn’t carry it all. If this happened how far would they have to walk to reach a road side to get out of the bush? However the more this unfolds it looks like they did in fact drowned. IMO

I feel like they would be less likely to get bitten on the water than on land because they're a faster moving target, but I could be wrong. Even if the scenario you described happened it indicates they were extremely unprepared and therefore also dead. Either way all signs point to dead IMO.

If they DID leave that damaged boat behind on purpose as a "clue" (along with the other items), I'd have thought they would have at least TRIED to light it on fire. :D

It's like that Bear Grylls "better drink my own piss" thing..."the sun is going down, better light our vehicle on fire...." I think they may have found the one vehicle that is impossible to set on fire though...can you even ignite solid aluminum?

I always thought these boys were alive. However with no sightings in a while along with no killings or cars being stolen or burned, with police finding items linked to them and a mystery boat. Makes me think they are dead and it’s just a matter of time for police and experts to figure out an area to find the bodies. JMO

For anyone who wasn't here yesterday, we crowd sourced these locations for the car and boat.

Red star is car, yellow star is boat

View attachment 197153

View attachment 197154

View attachment 197155

I can’t comment on the boat location as I wasn’t in the gillam area when it was found but the star for the car is wrong. Attached is a map pinpointing where the car was found. Source: I have stood in and around the ash where the car was burnt out.

Attachments

• 17165299-7195-4344-B2C5-95A326706F2C.jpeg
    17165299-7195-4344-B2C5-95A326706F2C.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 108
It’s interesting that on the 30th the military Hercules circled the Sundance area at least a half dozen times. A small police team was dispatched and searched the area though didn’t seem to find anything, not long after that the search was declared to be scaled back. I’m wondering if the Hercules saw something then that the police couldn’t find.

"
"

Interesting video -"The Winnipeg-Churchill Train crosses the Nelson River twice each way. This is the southerly crossing, roughly due east of Thompson, MB. The northerly crossing near Gillam was much more impressive, but the crossing occurs at night both ways so unfortunately I was unable to film it."

So LE found "several items directly linked to KM and BS". What items besides ID and two shirts (possibly more clothing from other video) could LE directly tie to them?

And how easy would it be to get blueprints/detailed maps for that abandoned area near Sundance?

Possibly the RCMP found contents of a wallet - some kind of ID (could be anything like a S.I.N card or even a library card, Wallmart ID), either left there on purpose or from a flipped boat).

That baffling part for me is whether RCMP followed the creek during their search, or whether they didn't think of it as a possible route.
Yes I am curious about this too. Is this something that they missed during their initial search or is it new since the last time they looked?

Also could they have been using the boat as a type of shelter? This is sounding less and less planned to me. Maybe at one point there was a plan but once the RAV4 was burned nothing makes sense.

So LE found "several items directly linked to KM and BS". What items besides ID and two shirts (possibly more clothing from other video) could LE directly tie to them?

And how easy would it be to get blueprints/detailed maps for that abandoned area near Sundance?
That's what I'd like to know, how do RCMP know FOR sure these items belong to KM and BS? I think these items are red herrings left by them. The boat found could have easily been smashed on purpose with a tree or large rocks. Have RCMP found out who the boat belonged too, if no one has come forward to claim that it's their boat why haven't they? Interesting things that make you go hmmm. Where's Hercule Poirot when you need him on a case?

It’s interesting that on the 30th the military Hercules circled the Sundance area at least a half dozen times. A small police team was dispatched and searched the area though didn’t seem to find anything, not long after that the search was declared to be scaled back. I’m wondering if the Hercules saw something then that the police couldn’t find.

I suspect they took still images with a survey camera, and reviewed them after the fact. In the Calgary case I mentioned, a random aerial survey camera that happened to be in the area captured images of human remains. The zoom power was amazing, and helped make the case. I bet the military S&R has something similar, if not better.

Yes I am curious about this too. Is this something that they missed during their initial search or is it new since the last time they looked?

Also could they have been using the boat as a type of shelter? This is sounding less and less planned to me. Maybe at one point there was a plan but once the RAV4 was burned nothing makes sense.
We have no information that they had the boat prior to the Rav4 burning.

It would be far too long to have carried within the vehicle , so if they had it, it would have had to be on the roof. At this point there’s no sighting of them with the boat on the roof.

It’s not too difficult to get to the river from the burn site using the existing dirt roads. But they wouldn’t be able to see it until they were practically at the riverbank.

So where would they have found the boat, assuming they weren’t carrying it like a canoe? Would they have been lucky enough to find a boat at the nearby Sundance Camp?

I have to think they were able to hang around there for a couple of days, all while RCMP was searching the area.

I am guessing that they didn't actually walk down the creeks, and helicopters didn't have a good view of the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?