Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was wondering too. "9 km along the river" implies the items were scattered is what I'm thinking. Makes me think they were in the boat and it overturned.

Wouldn't the divers have found some items or evidence in the water if they capsized? I believe they said the divers found nothing in the water?

I'm very new but this case has grabbed a hold of me, I think I've read 40 pages of posts. Thanks everyone I love this site!

If the items were all in one location, then that's a different story.

Does anyone know if the location of the skiff (14 km) and personal items (9km) were only accessible to the rcmp by water? Was the skiff lifted out by helicopter?

Why haven't they been formally charged for the death of Lucas and Chynna? I'm seriously starting to doubt they were involved with those two.

It shows a picture of Bryer holding alcohol in his Instagram picture so it's possible the two drank. They could have been drinking/driving and caused a hit and run (Len) and left his DNA on their vehicle (blood) and tried to burn it all. Once they fled the scene with the Rav they became suspects for the murder of the couple by default. Scared shitless as to what just transpired they went on the run and felt there was no returning.

Does anyone know if the location of the skiff (14 km) and personal items (9km) were only accessible to the rcmp by water? Was the skiff lifted out by helicopter?

We don’t know the actual site of the findings or which side of the river, only appx distances. A roadblock had been set up so the media is only privy to updates given to them from the RCMP.

“The mayor of Gillam said the stretch of river near where the items were found is very turbulent.

"It would not be a river that many people would survive. It's not something you would go swimming in," said Dwayne Forman....”
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5237174?__twitter_impression=true
Yes, just going by Google Maps "measure distance", the whitewater there is only 50m but the river remains very turbulent for more than 1 km afterwards - unswimmable and dangerous.

nelson.jpg

Wouldn't the divers have found some items or evidence in the water if they capsized? I believe they said the divers found nothing in the water?

I'm very new but this case has grabbed a hold of me, I think I've read 40 pages of posts. Thanks everyone I love this site!

If the items were all in one location, then that's a different story.
I agree @derweezy, i wonder if there’s a dam or blockage downstream that they have checked?
Welcome to websleuths, so glad you’re here! It really is an awesome site!!

Why haven't they been formally charged for the death of Lucas and Chynna? I'm seriously starting to doubt they were involved with those two.

It shows a picture of Bryer holding alcohol in his Instagram picture so it's possible the two drank. They could have been drinking/driving and caused a hit and run (Len) and left his DNA on their vehicle (blood) and tried to burn it all. Once they fled the scene with the Rav they became suspects for the murder of the couple by default. Scared shitless as to what just transpired they went on the run and felt there was no returning.
The RCMP are not going to publicly name people murder suspects unless there are clear and concrete reasons to do so. Suspects by default might be a thing in investigation, but we’re well past that once people are publicly named.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
After five days of intensely searching a section of the Nelson River shoreline, RCMP are scaling back search today and evaluating how large of footprint to keep in Gillam area #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt
Belongings of B.C. fugitives found on Manitoba shore; RCMP says latest search coming to an end

8:02 AM - 7 Aug 2019pst

Very interesting. They must have some reason to pull out or scale back. Perhaps bodies? Or maybe good evidence that they are deceased?

Manitoba RCMP's facebook post gives a little more info than their tweet:

"On August 2, 2019, RCMP located several items on the shoreline, approximately 9 km from where the burnt vehicle was located. RCMP have confirmed that these items are directly linked to the suspects. That same day, a damaged boat was also found along the Nelson River.

Based on this information, RCMP Underwater Recovery Team (URT) were immediately deployed. On August 4, 2019, URT conducted a thorough underwater search approximately 29 metres around the location where the boat was found. The search did not uncover any additional items linked to the suspects."

So it does sound like everything was found August 2 and nothing since.

“The mayor of Gillam said the stretch of river near where the items were found is very turbulent.

"It would not be a river that many people would survive. It's not something you would go swimming in," said Dwayne Forman....”
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5237174?__twitter_impression=true

That combined with the "we don't see any way they can pose a threat anymore" quote from yesterday indicates to me that the RCMP believes they drowned.

"An RCMP spokesperson declined to tell CBC News what was found, citing the ongoing investigation, but said they were personal items."

So, not just camping equipment, from the sound of it. "Personal items" indicates to me something like clothing (Bryer's camo jacket as we theorized yesterday?) Or maybe it was their gun like someone theorized yesterday. I don't know if they would be dumb enough to take their IDs from the RAV4 on their "fugitive wilderness adventure," but who knows.

Them not being charged (yet) doesn't mean they are innocent. There could be a number of reasons as to why they haven't been charged. When I was in high school my friends step mother went missing, and it was later discovered she had been murdered by a serial killer. He was not charged for all of the murders he was suspected of, but there was no doubt he was guilty imo.

Here's a (BC government) website that will give some ideas as to why charges have yet to be laid in their deaths.
Laying Charges - Province of British Columbia

Yes, just going by Google Maps "measure distance", the whitewater there is only 50m but the river remains very turbulent for more than 1 km afterwards - unswimmable and dangerous.

View attachment 197328

In addition to that, the two may’ve figured their best chance of escape was tackling the river under the cover of darkness during the night.

That combined with the "we don't see any way they can pose a threat anymore" quote from yesterday indicates to me that the RCMP believes they drowned.

"An RCMP spokesperson declined to tell CBC News what was found, citing the ongoing investigation, but said they were personal items."

So, not just camping equipment, from the sound of it. "Personal items" indicates to me something like clothing (Bryer's camo jacket as we theorized yesterday?) Or maybe it was their gun like someone theorized yesterday. I don't know if they would be dumb enough to take their IDs from the RAV4 on their "fugitive wilderness adventure," but who knows.

Personal items sounds to me like a toothbrush and things of that nature. I wonder if they brought that along? Bryer definitely looked clean shaven in that surveillance video. In any case, it's sounding like they found items that these two would not willingly have left behind.

I'm also suspecting that the items were washed up on shore, and not merely left behind along the shore. Items found washed up on shore would imply that they were either tossed into the river or were once in a boat that capsized. But I'm just speculating here.

I think it would have to be things with some buoyancy like running shoes, etc. FactFinder3000 had some good suggestions with a toothbrush or maybe toothpaste tube. The water jug would have some air in it or lightweight insulation so it would float. Maybe they stored a phone or a wallet in a ziplok and the air inside allowed to to float the water's edge. I am pretty sure a metal gun would sink and not be carried anywhere.

Personal items sounds to me like a toothbrush and things of that nature. I wonder if they brought that along? Bryer definitely looked clean shaven in that surveillance video. In any case, it's sounding like they found items that these two would not willingly have left behind.

I'm also suspecting that the items were washed up on shore, and not merely left behind along the shore. Items found washed up on shore would imply that they were either tossed into the river or were once in a boat that capsized. But I'm just speculating here.

It could be but if it was something like a toothbrush, they would need DNA evidence to link it to them, and I don't know if DNA evidence would have survived the river. Bryer didn't look like he could grow much facial hair anyway.

Did you ever think that maybe (just maybe) they have ballistics matching a murder weapon to both crimes?

I think it would have to be things with some buoyancy like running shoes, ect. The water jug would have some air in it or lightweight insulation so it would float. Maybe they stored a phone or a wallet in a ziplok and the air inside allowed to to float the water's edge. I am pretty sure a metal gun would sink and not be carried anywhere.

Shoes are a good idea. They aren't getting far in the muskeg without those and would definitely not pose a threat anymore. Do you guys think the current would be strong enough to take off someone's shoes? In the store footage, Bryer was wearing some kind of military boots, and I can't tell what Kam was wearing but I think he was wearing boots also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80