Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
[B.C. RCMP Assistant Commissioner Kevin Hackett] did confirm, however, that there is “significant evidence” linking the suspects to both crime scenes.

B.C. murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, Kam McLeod believed to be dead
I think they must have DNA evidence and possibly ballistics linking them. They may also have found evidence of LD on their truck, if they ran him over. :(

That being said, I couldn't see any obvious defensive wounds on them in the store surveillance footage. Obviously, with his long-sleeved camo, BS's would have only been visible on his face, but KM's face, neck, and arms were exposed with his T-shirt, and he didn't seem to have any obvious scratches or wounds, which is something else that makes me believe however the murders happened, they were not point-blank range.

Given the source, it is pure conjecture IMO. The autopsies are today so how would anyone know this?
Yes, any opinion offered until then is uninformed.

The professional tracker is said to have led rcmp to the bodies. Was he hired locally or from the Aussie LE assistance? An interesting character nonetheless, and didn't take him very long to discover the remains. Did he begin his tracking from the burned out vehicle, or the recently-found clothes on the shoreline?

Time of death seems equally important. Could have been soon after the time it takes to struggle through 8km of this difficult bush country. Then how does the local cabbie witness fit? The one who took a call from a guy wanting to leave the area. What, day/time was this reported, earlier or later than the time of death?

What's the scenario for the double suicide theory? Do they both count to three then each pull the trigger? That would need two guns wouldn't it? The checkpoint guy reported no guns when looking for alcohol. But, how could even one gun survive the whole trek/river/boat/rapids episode.

And, they were found lying together? After piling their clothes a full km away?

The professional tracker is said to have led rcmp to the bodies. Was he hired locally or from the Aussie LE assistance? An interesting character nonetheless, and didn't take him very long to discover the remains. Did he begin his tracking from the burned out vehicle, or the recently-found clothes on the shoreline?

Time of death seems equally important. Could have been soon after the time it takes to struggle through 8km of this difficult bush country. Then how does the local cabbie witness fit? The one who took a call from a guy wanting to leave the area. What, day/time was this reported, earlier or later than the time of death?

What's the scenario for the double suicide theory? Do they both count to three then each pull the trigger? That would need two guns wouldn't it? The checkpoint guy reported no guns when looking for alcohol. But, how could even one gun survive the whole trek/river/boat/rapids episode.

I've also wondered if it was murder-suicide. Not because they turned on each other but because they only had 1 weapon. If so, might give some insight into who was the shooter in the other crimes.

They could also kill each other with the same weapon, but I imagine that would have been undesirable option for the one who has to go last.

All MOO

Of course they would use a local tracker because it makes no sense to take someone unfamiliar with the terrain. The Aussie LE were only to act as liaison to the family and were not involved in the investigation in any way. They had no men on the ground.

The RCMP said they found personal items but did not specify if that included clothing. They did say they found a red and white water jug and a sleeping bag.

The RCMP said they got over a thousand tips (and probably 990 were useless lol). I don't think the cabbie's tip was one of the tips that counted. It was only when they got the tip on the sleeping bag and then searched the river again by helicopter that they were able to find the boat, define a search area, and find the bodies.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
Yesterday began with @meltait and I chronicling scale back of the search. Then RCMP discovered two bodies believed to be B.C. homicide suspects. And last night we learned police enlisted the help of a professional tracker #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt
Z20HWfoH

4:38 AM - 8 Aug 2019 pt

RCMP ‘confident’ bodies of B.C. homicide suspects have been found as manhunt ends

I was surprised to see a metal box and not just a body bag.

Australian LE involvement was supposedly limited to liasing between the Fowler family and the RCMP.

The tracker would very likely be someone local. The RCMP would be inclined to use someone who knew the area, understands the terrain and condition and I really can't see why they would need Australian resources when we have very capable people in the area.

Tracker is a generic term but most likely a local hunting guide. Twitter photos showed the man who found the sleeping bag, helping RCMP to prepare their boats to launch and someone like that would provide invaluable knowledge that neither the RCMP or an Australian tracker would have.

Please proved a link to the cabbie development.
One of them was Gillam’s only taxi driver, Amar Sahota, who believes he talked to one of them on the afternoon of Monday, July 22.

Mr Sahota says he knows 95 per cent of the clients who call for a cab in the town of 500 where he has worked for 13 years.

“But this man called and he didn’t use my name, he was a stranger, and he wanted a ride to (an indigenous settlement 30km north of Gillam called) Bird,” Mr Sahota told News Corp Australia.

“I told him I wouldn’t because my small car can’t go on those rough dirt roads, and he hung up on me. The next day when we heard about the boys being around here, I thought it was them. I thought I was very lucky because maybe I would have been one of their victims.”

Mr Sahota reported the encounter to a police phone hotline, but has yet to hear back.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

A few things I have been thinking of...

Thank goodness they were found! The uncertainty could have gone on for years.

Some very smart WSer's said a few weeks ago that the RCMP should have requested the help of local trackers. It's too bad they didn't ask sooner, but glad they did eventually.

The York Landing sighting - I am 99.99% confident that this was not them. It is a reminder that sometimes we see what we want to see, and if they did see someone, the 2 men didn't come forward to say 'hey it was me, not the 2 fugitives'. Not everyone wants to be helpful in these situations, unfortunately.

I'm happy that others have found Websleuths and this case prompted others to join or to finally post after coming here for a long time. I have learned there are more Canadians here than I thought lol And I am even more surprised that there are even a few from my area in Saskatchewan.

I'm happy that others have learned a little bit about Canada and just how vast our Country is... as a Canadian, I have learned things that I didn't know as well and look forward to some day travelling across our big beautiful country :) (if we ever retire haha)

I hope the RCMP is able to piece together something that will make sense of all of this and will give the families some answers.

oh and lastly... I learned that there is such a thing as butter chicken poutine! WTH! LOL I live such a sheltered life in the prairies....

-There was a CBC article that quoted some guy formerly(?) of York Regional having a degree of incredulity that the BC RCMP had not acted more quickly informing the public of the nature of the homicides. I literally laughed right out loud. Who in the media thought it was valuable to ask somebody with polar opposite policing experience to weigh in on the issue? York Regional polices well more than 1,000,000 people in well less than 2,000 square km in the freaking GTA. I mean, please. It’s hard to imagine this guy knows squat about the considerations of a force in Northern British Columbia.

Anyway, as I said, I don’t feel I can have an informed enough opinion right now, so I don’t have one yet. :). Just a few thoughts on the kinds of things the RCMP may have been weighing.

JuneBug, why don't you tell us how you really feel! :) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member