Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sure it's here... I am just sheltered haha

True about the tracker, I'm sure we will hear more in the coming days and weeks, I think people will come forward and talk to the media now that there is no chance of a trial. JMO

Unfortunately where I live, we don't have any of those places lol I would definitely try perogy poutine!
There may not be a trial for these two, but there certainly will be an inquest and, if it turns out that there's more to this story than mere conjecture has so far revealed, then there may even one day be a trial, if it is uncovered that another as yet unknown person (or persons) was involved.

This may be someone who it might prove is actually the real guilty party in one, (if not all), of these murders, (and we really don't even yet know that the two suspects found deceased weren't themselves murdered), do we?

Is there anything more known about the perps’ cause of death? After all the misery & horror they caused the victims’ families, I have to admit I’m hoping they didn’t die on their own terms by deliberate suicide.

I believe we'll find this out either today but more likely tomorrow. See the post at the bottom of the previous page and watch the video.

I don't know.
And neither do you...
I mean about anything, because police keep all kinds of info to themselves. To me a key question hasn't been answered: when was LD killed? (not when was he found) and when was his last known sighting alive?
I also think it's key to know specifically when K&B left PA (date and time) not just 12 July.
Also, what they took with them.
People seem to be focusing on the end of this tragedy. It ended in a way that was very public, and easy to speculate about/criticize/discuss: there are some concrete people, places and things that we can ponder. IMO what they were up to hours, days or weeks before they left is more indicative of motive, ability, mindset, etc. And that is the stuff that LE might or might not release, and reporters might or might not pursue through a freedom of information request.
It's also easier to ask and answer "why would they go here or do that, etc" than to ask and answer what our role is in a society/culture that made these two and what's with our fascination after the fact...
Just to be clear, these are rhetorical questions and I'm wondering if anyone else is puzzling this out on this level...
FOI requests tend to be honoured after a case is closed and not whilst an ongoing active investigation is taking place. I wonder how soon after the deaths of the three original victims these two boys died? I have a feeling it was less than a few days as the man hunt was huge and still the police could not find them.

It would be easier to move a body in a box than in a bag if they had been dead for weeks, were decomposing and were in pieces from being mutilated by wild animals.

Ugh, those poor RCMP officers and tracker who found the boys will definitely need trauma counselling! That must have been an awful sight to see and an awful scene to process!

Can you share the link where you read about a tip. I'd love to read it myself! Thanks.
Not sure anyone got you your answer, but the recent Star article stated the same thing:

“The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. “

https://www.thestar.com/amp/vancouver/2019/08/08/murder-is-not-a-private-matter-rcmp-owe-public-more-answers-about-suspected-bc-killers-critics-say.html

BS’s father said his son had struggled to adapt after he and his wife divorced in 2005. In a book draft he recounts the split was acrimonious and led to several arrests and a charge of criminal harassment. He said he was heartbroken when his wife moved and took Bryer with her.

He became close to his son again in the last two years, travelling to Port Alberni to visit him every month.

Alan Schmegelsky was homeless when his son set out to travel with McLeod.

A few short but very touching moments from the memorial service are included in the brief video.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...ath-may-remain-a-mystery-20190809-p52fgo.html

This was the first time I’ve heard of AS being homeless.

Last edited:
I know you guys are probably tired of me talking about this but I really feel like this case is a microcosm of deeper issues in our society and larger stuff that we have not addressed as a society. I just keep feeling like none of this would have happened if just a few things went right...
My wife is an ex Children’s Services Social Worker and when I talk to her about these two she repeats a saying of hers: it takes a lot to ruin a kid.

That’s not to lay blame, or at least all of the blame, on parents/family. But it often feels like we as a society have a sort of “not my business-let the chips fall where they may” attitude for troubled kids.

Thank you for making that clear.

Everyone in Canada knows perfectly well what it means when RCMP are investigating suspicious deaths and they know that cause of death is irrelevant. It means that people have to be more careful until the situation is resolved. Listening to news is a normal daily activity in the Great White North.

It's now resolved, everyone is back to unlocked doors and helping neighbours.
As someone who lives in B.C., Canada, I wish people would get over this need to think we weren't aware. As someone who checks local and national headlines every morning, I was aware of a suspicious death a day or 2 after it happened.

Canadians read the words 'suspicious death' and know somethings not right. We all know what suspicious death means....No definitive cause of death yet but be forewarned - you should be aware.

Too many people posting here from elsewhere think we weren't warned. We were warned...if we cared to pay attention to the news.

Can confirm. It’s part of a completely typical and expected arc in police communication across forces. “Suspicious death” is the language that is consistently used when there is some unknown element to what is almost inevitably deemed a homicide shortly thereafter. Googling the term seems to indicate that the first public information with the term “suspicious death” seems to fairly predictably follow the discovery of a body by a day or so. The RCMP release came within 24 hours of them attending the scene, so that’s consistent with a typical course of events.

Last edited:
I wonder if the guys stopped under the impression that they were offering help. the couple could have had it with trying to get the van going and went with the guys and was killed elsewhere and bodies end up left back with the van and then the van gone threw. I think the couple would have taken their ids if leaving for the night, hers was still hidden in van, but maybe a ride to make a call and arrange for the van tow in the morning. if the couple had been in the truck and killed that would be a good reason to burn the truck. the couple had already likely gotten use to people stopping to offer help so likely didn't think nothing of someone stopping at least at first.

The keys Don't look like they were in a fire....look closely at the bottom right of the picture there is a key with soft rubber bumper around it still...if they were in a burning fire that would have been long gone and melted
The big key looks more like an Acura than a Rav. None look like a Dodge?
e keys

Regarding Dre's post earlier thread:
"It’s becoming more clear to me that while white men are privileged in so many ways, the one thing they don’t receive is adequate mental health care or support from their loved ones or society etc to be engaged with their emotions and seek help for their issues with anger and hate. I don’t think there would have been more “answers” had they been found alive... I’m feeling the same way in these mass shootings as well- so much anger boiling over that could have been prevented.."

I very much agree about teaching and showing coping skills for anger, sadness, handling life's ups and downs, etc, for all people, especially children and teens, in their learning years. For both boys and girls. Maybe that's a great place to start.

I think we're going to hear frustratingly little further information about anything that matters. It seems that is the Canadian way. What was the boys' cause of death? What specifically linked the murders to each other? What specifically linked the suspects to the murders? What do we believe motivated them? Was it all pre-meditated, spontaneous, or just "bad luck/panic"? (I don't believe the latter, AT ALL, btw) Will we ever hear more about Kam from his family?

It would be nice if RCMP would give us some answers, but based on them not revealing the cause of LD's death, I'm not hopeful at all.

IF they had been in the boat and it overturned in the rapids, any possessions they had with them would have ended up in the water too. Swimming in rivers can be dangerous at the best of times, let alone in a strong current. Getting to the water’s edge would have taken every bit of strength they could muster, especially if they had gone a few days without food. BS was wearing heavy boots which would have made his struggle even worse. Being immersed in water that is colder than your body causes significant heat loss, and being in wet clothes would cause the body temperature to drop even more.

Leaving the river in sodden wet clothes is one thing, but having nothing dry to change into would have sealed their fate. IMO they would have had no option but to seek shelter in bushes, remove their clothes and huddle together for warmth, but that would never have been enough to save them from the inhospitable conditions they found themselves in. If they were in the river I believe they succumbed to hypothermia.

I think 11,000 sq km is probably from Split Lake to York Landing, Gillam, Sundance and part of the Nelson River, plus the train tracks from Gillam to Churchill and York Landing. There's also the ferry from Split Lake to York Landing.

area = 11,000 square kilometres
area = length x width
111.025 = 105 x 105

a square with sides of 105 km makes 11,000 sq km
it's probably more of a rectangle with spots at Churchill and the Hudson Bay.

The red dot represents Gillam, the car and the bodies. Ignore the light blue route.

View attachment 197640
Or a circle with a diameter of 120 km with Gillam at the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge