Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS maybe in some mourning for his son but why is he giving interviews to the media again? I thought the note on a window had said no media and that media had become a nuisance? It's too late to make things right now, it's over his son is dead leave it at that IMO.
Also AS is a man of many faces, in early interviews he looks like he has blondish hair then he is so grey and rough looking in others. Where are these pictures of him coming from? In his latest interview he's all cleaned up and his hair is not so grey. In the 1 Twitter pic I've pointed out a weird anomaly towards the back hair, there's seems to be some black hair there, weird. JMO
I believe that was his ex wife’s door. AS is divorced and homeless.

Last edited:
All the discussion about murdering somone with an Airsoft gun.... I mean it would take multiple, point blank, pinpoint precise shots to kill a human with an Airsoft. And to commit suicide by self inflicted Airsoft wound? Highly unlikely IMHO.

There are many number of avenues to acquire an actual firearm. Stolen, Black Market, KM having a PAL, etc.... Not only that but we know nothing of KM and his family. There is a very good chance they kept a .22 on their property to take care of rodents, scavengers, etc... Heck there's also the likely possibility that his Dad was a hunter and had his own stash of shotguns and rifles.

I'm also thinking there is a chance that LF and CD had a gun for their own (wildlife) protection, for their journey which KM and BS got a hold off (struggle during a roadside altercation???). And turned it on the couple, then perhaps later using it on LD as well, if he was indeed shot.

IMO all these scenarios much more likely then having up to 5 people with two possibly being self inflicted, killed by Air-soft.

I think a couple of point blank shots in certain areas could certainly do it. That's why suicide would be really difficult, with such a weapon.

But people have died of air gun injuries:

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/100/4/609?download=true&sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR:+No+local+token

It doesn't even take many projectiles to accomplish, if the right part of the body is hit. While the study above is pediatric (because the bulk of accidental air gun shootings are pediatric), some of the severe injuries and deaths have been teens (other studies), so...it's possible. By 1982, there were two homicide-by-air gun deaths of adults in the U.S. I'll try to find how many more we've had...

Here's a more recent adult death:

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/fraternity-member-dies-after-being-shot-by-pellet-gun-at-party/

That one appears to be just one ill-placed shot.

Aus 9News reported this info not long after LDs body was identified, it was pointed out to me at that time that this particular news source was not considered reliable. All links to that early article have since been removed, FWIW. This leads me to believe it may have been incorrect information.
Hard to know what to believe anymore. JMO

I believe you were misinformed that 9NEWS AUS is not a reliable news source given they are the largest media network in Australia, and affiliate with NBC USA.

They also own The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain and Macquarie Media.

To my knowledge, this is the first msm report (dated Aug 11, 2019) that states LD was found shot dead on the side of a highway in regional far north Canada.This link is current and quote intact.

Dad of Lucas Fowler's alleged killer gave son rifle 'for play'

If BS had asked for that cologne for a 19th birthday or school leaving present, I don't find it surprising that his father would give it to him. It seems more economical than some of the gifts kids get now for becoming an adult. (Stand-up paddleboards, all-expenses-paid trips out of the country, etc.)

I won't get into him paying for his own suit, but I will say that in some schools, a new suit is a gift from parents. For girls, prom dresses costing bridal gown prices are the norm.

Yes, $100 sounds very reasonable in those circumstances.
Possible it was a birthday gift, but according to their visit schedule, I would have assumed the gift would have been slated for the weekend of July 26th, if they maintained their bimonthly visits. (My birthday is actually the day before Bryer's, so I literally just went through the logistics of people trying to coordinate with me about giving me birthday gifts. LOL) Since his dad had no idea the trip was planned, he would have had no indication that he needed to bring him a gift that soon.

Just MOO, though. You could be right about it being an early birthday gift!

AS maybe in some mourning for his son but why is he giving interviews to the media again? I thought the note on a window had said no media and that media had become a nuisance? It's too late to make things right now, it's over his son is dead leave it at that IMO.
Also AS is a man of many faces, in early interviews he looks like he has blondish hair then he is so grey and rough looking in others. Where are these pictures of him coming from? In his latest interview he's all cleaned up and his hair is not so grey. In the 1 Twitter pic I've pointed out a weird anomaly towards the back hair, there's seems to be some black hair there, weird. JMO
Hair dye. What's weird about that?

The note was on grandma's door. AS is homeless. There is a good chance a TV makeover happened.

What is off the rails is people not being able to read. Did you see the word "compelled" in my post? Compelled does not mean only legal...it can also mean ethical, professional, practical, etc. If I am are reporter, I may be compelled to not post something because if I do, I will be blackballed by my source. If I'm blackballed by my source, I am getting no more scoops. If I don't get any more scoops, my value with the media outlet falls. If my value with the media outlet falls, I am UNEMPLOYED.
Local journalists may also simply be more invested in not compromising police operations, early gathering of critical evidence etc. because they’re also citizens. There may be personal investment in the success of the society as a whole that may not be a conscious calculation, but it’s another form of the cooperation-by-necessity that you note.

Perhaps the RCMP is still trying to figure out CoD? Like maybe the extent of his injuries is beyond ...

I think they used metal pellets in their entry-level gun and just kept firing, possibly ran over them, possibly the set the bodies on fire.

The airsoft Bryer had was not capable of discharging metal pellets.

Possible it was a birthday gift, but according to their visit schedule, I would have assumed the gift would have been slated for the weekend of July 26th, if they maintained their bimonthly visits. (My birthday is actually the day before Bryer's, so I literally just went through the logistics of people trying to coordinate with me about giving me birthday gifts. LOL) Since his dad had no idea the trip was planned, he would have had no indication that he needed to bring him a gift that soon.

Just MOO, though. You could be right about it being an early birthday gift!

Or a belated present he requested when his dad came to his school leaving ceremony.

The gift obviously meant something to him. Then he didn't even meet his father to collect it? Right then and there, his dad could have begun being concerned about the possibility of suicide. Some people give away prized possessions when they are thinking of suicide. They have no need for material goods. This falls into the same category, IMO.

Last edited:
Perhaps the RCMP is still trying to figure out CoD? Like maybe the extent of his injuries is beyond ...

I think they used metal pellets in their entry-level gun and just kept firing, possibly ran over them, possibly the set the bodies on fire.

Hi I just signed up after being a lurker on this thread for the past couple weeks. Amazing info here compared to twitter.

Just a small contribution here, but I had a small Crossman 357 pellet gun as a teen going back 30+ years. That gun had a muzzle velocity of over 400fps. After some stupid play shooting out old lightbulbs in my parents garage, I accidentally shot myself in the foot when the gun was in hair trigger mode. I had sandals on and the pellet hit my foot where there was no sandal. So the distance was about 2-3'. The pellet penetrated my skin only by about a mm or two. The backend of the pellet was still visible and I pulled it out myself with a pair of tweezers. I didn't want my parents to know so dealt with the pain and bandaged it up myself after pouring a bottle of rubbing alcohol on it to keep infection out.

My point here is that it only penetrated superficially, barely entering the skin. I highly doubt an airsoft gun could actually take someone down like LD. I think the most dangerous thing a pellet or BB gun can do is blind some if shot in the eyes....then they would be rendered helpless and the perps could do whatever they please.

Just my 2 pennies of contribution to start.

Local journalists may also simply be more invested in not compromising police operations, early gathering of critical evidence etc. because they’re also citizens. There may be personal investment in the success of the society as a whole that may not be a conscious calculation, but it’s another form of the cooperation-by-necessity that you note.
Canadian journalists probably understand that if they publish stuff they've been asked not to, no one in LE will speak to them again. Foreign reporters might respect their sources in their own country.

I think it's quite likely that they took that route. Whitehorse was a story for Bryer's grandmother and Alberta was a story for his father. I'm curious what Kam told his parents about their planned route.

They were near Liard Hot Springs on July 15, the Jade store on July 18, Dease Lake on July 19. That's consistent with the route you suggest.

Where or when have the police actually put out confirmation that Mcleod/Schmegelsky were at Liard Hot Springs on the 15th. The only police confirmed sighting was the jade store on July 18th.

Hi I just signed up after being a lurker on this thread for the past couple weeks. Amazing info here compared to twitter.

Just a small contribution here, but I had a small Crossman 357 pellet gun as a teen going back 30+ years. That gun had a muzzle velocity of over 400fps. After some stupid play shooting out old lightbulbs in my parents garage, I accidentally shot myself in the foot when the gun was in hair trigger mode. I had sandals on and the pellet hit my foot where there was no sandal. So the distance was about 2-3'. The pellet penetrated my skin only by about a mm or two. The backend of the pellet was still visible and I pulled it out myself with a pair of tweezers. I didn't want my parents to know so dealt with the pain and bandaged it up myself after pouring a bottle of rubbing alcohol on it to keep infection out.

My point here is that it only penetrated superficially, barely entering the skin. I highly doubt an airsoft gun could actually take someone down like LD. I think the most dangerous thing a pellet or BB gun can do is blind some if shot in the eyes....then they would be rendered helpless and the perps could do whatever they please.

A long time ago I took my dog to the vet for some xrays and they showed me that he had multiple pellets inside him from a BB gun. (Unrelated to the vet visit btw).

Could point of entry be hard to determine at first glance but show up in an X-ray of LD?

ETA. Not saying this was COD.

A pellet, sure, what about a LOT of pellets? Is this gun capable of firing a lot of pellets (not a gun person, don't know what it's called)...How much do pellets cost?

The note was on BS's Mom's house in Port Alberni, not on AS's van window.

IMO AS's hair colour has to be the most insignificant point of discussion in this whole case.

Canadian journalists probably understand that if they publish stuff they've been asked not to, no one in LE will speak to them again. Foreign reporters might respect their sources in their own country.
Agreed. That point was made in the post I was responding to, and my add-on was kind of a ‘and here’s another thing that could be at play’.

Where or when have the police actually put out confirmation that Mcleod/Schmegelsky were at Liard Hot Springs on the 15th. The only police confirmed sighting was the jade store on July 18th.

I’m still curious if the Jade store footage actually confirmed that they were there.

The airsoft Bryer had was not capable of discharging metal pellets.

Yeah, this is driving me nuts.

Hypothetically, let’s just say it was capable of that.

Had these two tried to murder two people with a weapon like that, the victims would have just run off.

No one is killing anyone with a BB gun.

There are a handful of cases where a pellet gun was used for that purpose, but that weapon he is holding certainly could not fire those.

ETA: Besides that, I believe the same weapon(s) they used to commit murder, they used to take their own lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24